It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 10,000 police will guard Bush during Israel visit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

More than 10,000 police will guard Bush during Israel visit

www.guardian.co.uk

Israeli officials in Jerusalem are to deploy more than 10,000 police officers in a vast security operation ahead of the arrival this week of George Bush, the first US president to visit in a decade. Graffiti are being cleaned off walls, road markings are being repainted and hundreds of American flags are being put up across the city. The floodlights which illuminate the stone ramparts of the Old City will stay on for an extra two hours every night, until 2am, to give the president the chance to catch the view.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Woooow, 10,000 police - that's a lot!

Does he really need that much of a security?

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow, somethings in the works, 2 things COULD happen here:

A US President visiting Israel, at a time of extreme unrest in regards to IRAN?

Safe to say he's not there discussing trade incentives...

The thing I find odd, is that... its not BUSH telling the American people Iran halted weapons.. It was a intellegence report.

Obviously, Bush being the US PRESIDENT, probably KNEW of the contents of this report, long before it was released.

Thus meaning, he was activley ranting for WAR, when he knew his claims wernt justified.

so, keeping that mentality in mind...

A US president whos pushing for armed conflict, is visiting a nation who's also pushing, perhaps the LOUDEST.. for armed conflict...

1. A Date is going to be set.

OR

2.... Its the perfect... and I mean PERFECT opportunity for HAMAS to assasinate the US president.
since Jan 2000, theres been the perception that cheney was the real president..

Is it out of the realm of possiblity that cheney will have a black op performed, assasinate bush, blame hamas, thus forcing our hand to strike IRAN?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well when he visits the west bank he will be relying on his secret service and the Abbas security forces. If Hammas or one of the other groups attack they may have to fight long and hard till the Delta force and IDF teams get to him and get him out. I bet money a whole bunch of terrorist are gearing up for this one. Bush is crazy for going there. The Palestine state would be a pipe dream if a group tries to kill the President. The IDF would be given a green light to take back all the territories. I'm more worried about the president trying to visit the Temple Mount and having all the Arabs flip out.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

# 2 seems a real possibility. Thats a very scary thought, It does seem like he is on a suicide mission.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think that if anything happens during his visit, then the situation would most likely be used as a reason or excuse to attack Iran or other country. That would make the perfect excuse, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As I said in my thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would seem old Bushy boy is writing his own news reports now.

The first president to visit Jerusalem since Clinton eh?

And pray tell, how many other presidents were there between Clinton and Bush?....

Sounds like everything is being done to ensure the safety of Bush at the exspense of everyone else.

And for what?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Sounds like everything is being done to ensure the safety of Bush at the exspense of everyone else.

Like it or not G. W. Bush is the President of the United States, and his safety is very important. The safety of each and every President of the United States is very important, even that POS Clintons safety was important.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

www.guardian.co.uk

No. He does not.

Look beyond "security" and you see a Post Industrial society of the West doing a Military Parade.
ITs simply nationalistic parading .. it goes right in line with re-painting the streets, cleaning marks off walls, and leaving lights on to illuminate the greatest sights.

They are just trying to show pride in their country. 10k police wont be doing the actual security. Now granted there will be extensive security, especially since this is not a surprise visit.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Well, you figure thats about 1 policeman for every 100 people that want the man off the face of the earth. I'd say his security detail needs to be vamped up a little.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If someone wants you dead, they will find a way. I wouldn't want to be him.

But he will return safe from his journey. I'm sure the amount of security on him no matter where he is, is very large.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to suggest Cheney would plan for G Dubs assasination or anything but I would suggest that they may have an assasination attempt planned. Ya know; the Prez survives but they discover evidence (from Mossad Intel) that the perps are from Iran (and state sponsored to boot) and before ya know it we're dropping bunker busters over Tehran before the Super Bowl.

Go Pats!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Even as a conspiracy, I can't believe that there would be any set up by Cheney as a power grab. Now, a near miss on the other hand..... could be a possibility

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is definatley an alterior motive here. The US has had a steadfast relationship with Isreal for quite some time but something feels wrong about this one. What we aren't told about is Cheneys meddling in the issue. Reliable sources have stated that Cheney is pushing Isreal to attack Iran thus allowing America to jump into the chaos to aide their great ally. War at any cost seems to be on the agenda... and this one will be huge! If this starts we are in trouble and all signs point to the fact that preparations have already begun in the Mid East... newsweek reported:

"In Iran, preparations for war are underway. "Crisis committees" have been established in each government ministry to draw up contingency plans, according to an Iranian official who asked for anonymity in order to speak freely. The regime has ordered radio and TV stations to prepare enough prerecorded programming to last for months, in case the studios are sabotaged or employees are unable to get to work. The ministries of electricity and water are working on plans to maintain service under war conditions. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has also sent envoys to reach out to European negotiators recently, in the hopes of heading off further sanctions or military action.

The question may not be whether America is ready to attack, but whether Israel is. The Jewish state has cause for worry. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vows regularly to destroy the country; former president Hashemi Rafsanjani, considered a moderate, warned in 2001 that Tehran could do away with Israel with just one nuclear bomb. In Tel Aviv , former deputy Defense minister Ephraim Sneh concurred. Sneh, a dovish member of Israel's Parliament and a retired brigadier general, took a NEWSWEEK reporter to the observation deck atop the 50-story Azrieli Center. "There is Haifa just over the horizon, Ben-Gurion airport over there, the Defense Ministry down below," he said, to show how small the country is. "You can see in this space the majority of our intellectual, economic, political assets are concentrated. One nuclear bomb is enough to wipe out Israel." "

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

No way...10,000 police?
Cant imagine why he would need that much protection unless hes done something incorrectly

bless his heart

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
If someone wants you dead, they will find a way. I wouldn't want to be him.

But he will return safe from his journey. I'm sure the amount of security on him no matter where he is, is very large.

I agree, he will return home safe. You can be rest assured that his security is the best in the world, but as you mentioned, I wouldn't want to be him either.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
10,000? would'nt that give more of a chance of there being dodgy people in the security to make the assasination possible?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Safest thing Bush II could do is just stay home. Makes no sense for him to go over there at all. His visit will constitute the disruption of many peoples lives at an astronomical cost, and for what?

The OP posed an interesting question. "Does he really need that much security?"

I would say he's going to need every last bit of it. He will be virtualy surrounded by millions of people that would like nothing more than to see harm come his way. I highly doubt anything will happen, but if in fact something does happen you can be damn sure the only people that will suffer are the people who are just trying to go about their daily lives over there. And again I ask.. for what? Why now? How much does this cost? What is the goal? Will his visit change anything for the better, and is it worth it?

He's putting alot of peoples lives in danger. I think this is a very bad idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I imagine when large numbers like this are sent for security, its to keep the general area in control.

Most will likely never even see the face of the President. The ones with access to the President most likely have been with the President for years.

Can you imagine if the President ordered up some Hells Angels ALA The Rolling Stones for security.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wouldn’t put it past him.

''We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order '' - David Rockefeller.

9/11 was the ultimate crisis, and it was allowed to happen with the soul intention of leading to a Middle East dominated by America.

I believe we should have been in Iran by now, Iraq was meant to take 'months'...

The powers that be, in my mind, believe the current administration (primarily Bush) has stuffed up the GOLDEN opportunity with his clumsy media appearances, his complete lack of intelligence and his inability to stick to the agenda.

Cheney is a key component of this ' powers that be ' arena.
Why else would he elect HIMSELF to the position of Vice President?

Secretly, President Bush lost authority over Cheney, primarily because of their choice of legal reps. Cheney's office become independent of Bush, and outside his realm of control.

I believe Cheney has a big stake in Iraq... directly through Halliburton and other corps...
and his 'friends' have a major stake in the future operations of the middle east.

At present, the administration has LOST its ability to attack Iran, and claim negligence, ignorance of intelligence failure.
Imagine if the intelligence community came out in Feb 03 and stated Iraq has NOTHING, it’s all faulty..... Would we of gone in?

Well, after Iraq we can’t make another colossal mistake.

So, that leaves the neo-cons in a very stick situation.
The foundations were laid, at great expense to have a launching pad into the middle-east.
The original game plan, devised with partnership of Israel, has just totally collapse around them, primarily because GW Bush couldn’t keep his intelligence community on par with the agenda.

So, they have re-hased the situation, have taken a broad look at it , and.. Personally.. I believe they have come to the conclusion, that the only remaining entry point into the middle east, is through a MAJOR incident, resulting in the loss of the most embarrassing component of their plans..
GW Bush.

Cheney, is a heartless, soulless 'thing' whom has no worries about murdering innocent people. he's perfect to take the driving seat.
He's been lying from day dot, and can perform this task superbly.

The constitution puts him in power immediately.

Now, ponder for a second.

3am, Eastern time ( When most Americans are asleep )

'' BREAKING NEWS - Presidents hotel hit by a series of bomb blasts ''

In the next hour the news report reads

'' 5 separate VBIEDS believed to be involved, no word on the president’s condition or wether he was in the hotel at the time ''

Around 4:30am The president is declared deceased as a direct result from the bomb blast. VP Cheney has been rushed to a secure location to take the oath of office

( Remember, most Americas are STILL Asleep )

6am - Video released by HAMAS claims responsibility for attack

Who knows what happens next, but its a very, very precious situation.
Do you honestly think that the 'correct - moral and righteous ' steps will be taken to handle this situation?

There's a VERY real possibility it could happen..
Its very very possible..

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join