It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO video from Suwanee, Georgia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

I know that Peter Davenport (nuforc.org) was working on something like this, and I believe he presented it at a MUFON proceeding. Not sure if he ever mass produced the device or not. But that would be awesome to be able to gauge distances. Not sure if that could get a person in trouble with the FAA or military though...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
reply to post by merryxmas

I wonder if a range finder scope (used in hunting)would work?But they can be pretty expensive.

I checked a few models and even the more expensive ones seem to cap out at like 1000yds. If these are truly objects in the upper reaches of the atmosphere I can't see them helping out all that much.

I'll look at the mufon site.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

interesting. I live VERY close to this youtube poster and last night I did see something quite fascinating in the sky.
It was a very bright orb? looked like a big, bright star but at times it flashed a red light. I watched it for about 15 minutes untill it moved completely out of my field of vision.
During the 15 minutes it would get brighter and dimmer with the red flashes/glows coming from it. It moved, not like zoom, zoom but just a little up, down, left, right, like a hover with slight movement. The red light, bright and dim and movement was quite noticable but I called my husband over to just to make sure my eye's were not playing tricks on me and he saw everything I did (in fact I think he was and still is freaking about it)
I have noticed other moving stars out here in the last 6 months but this 1 was by far the biggest, brightest, redest and most obvious.I kept thinking while I was watching it that it HAD to be outside of our atmosphere, I even mentioned this to my husband, I don't know why I think that I just do.

I was going to post about it on here this morning but I feel kind of foolish since it is not like I saw the classic UFO with aliens, it was just this very odd star type object that had a red flash/glow at times, it would get bigger and brighter and smaller and dimmer and it moved, I swear it moved and within 15 minutes it was gone. But it wasnt like it zoomed away it was a very slow almost...I don't know how to explain it was just gone.
I thought maybe the wind might have caused my eyes to see movement BUT there was no wind last night. It was a VERY clear, windless night.
I don't know what I saw but it was signifigant enough to me to wake up my husband at 2AM and he is quite freaked out by what he saw.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by eaglewingz

interesting. I live VERY close to this youtube poster and last night I did see something quite fascinating in the sky.
SNIP>>

Thanks for the info, glad you decided to post what you saw

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yep, if more people from this area can corroborate, and hopefully get cameras rolling, perhaps this might turn into something large. Thanks for sharing what you saw SEEWHATUDO! Keep your eyes peeled to the sky as much as you can.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have tried in the past to take pics or videos of "stars" at night and they never come out. either it is completely black or a small smear, nothing like what I am actually seeing. I thought about taking video last night but A. I was afraid if I stopped watching it it would disappear and B. I don't really know what I am doing so the pic or video would be useless.
I have a sony cybershot 5.5 megapixel camera that shoots digital video as well.
I have a motorolla rizer which shoots pics and videos but even up close in good light blurry
I have a panasonic old school video camera.
What do I do and how do I do it? I just know that if I was watching video of a bright orb? it wouldnt show what the naked eye sees, it wouldnt show the slight weaving in movement, you might be able to see the red flash and maybe the bright to dim but even then if I was watching it on video I would say "nope just a star, lets move on". I am assuming whayever I saw is outside of our atmosphere, I think for solid proof I would need a high powered telescope with attached video, which sadley I dont have.
I think solid proof is going to be hard to come by unless a UFO lands in my backyard and Mr. Grey poses for the camera.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just wanted to also say that I don't know what I was watching last night, I am by no means educated enough on this subject to say "yep that's a UFO" bu I know what I saw was significant none the less. As far as I know, stars do not have red flashes and they don't move they might get brighter and dimmer but as far as I know not in a 15 minute time span. And do they just go away? After 15 minutes it just disappeared, not like blink and it was gone but just gradually disappeared.
I live in a more rural than not area, no bright city lights around so star gazing is clear and solid. I am amazed at times when we are stargazing, amazed at the beauty and how crystal clear the sky is.
Northeast Ga., looking North from my backyard, we live on a hill (one of the highest points in our town) and there is only pasture behind us, the "star" was not directly over head it was a little above our tree line (oak trees) , it was 2AM EST and it was gone around 15 minutes later give or take a few minutes. It was moving, moving enough that I would have to move to keep it in visible sight, it would move enough that the tree's would block it and I would move to see it again and then it would move again above the tree line. Like I said I really feel that this object was outside of our atmosphere and if thats the case this thing is HUGE.

This is not the first time I have seen something like this out here but it was the most significant. About 2 months ago or so my son and I were out star gazing and looking at comet holmes, my son asked me what how a star could move, I told him they didnt he said they did, look mom and there was this star that was moving/gliding going extremely fast and then it just disappeared. It wasnt a shooting star/meteor, it went parallel, it glided, It was NOT a regular event could be easily explained but not by the standard explanations. I think it is why I am not as freaked out about last nights sighting as my husband is.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
She responded but didn't exactly invite me up there. I requested again and hopefully she'll be more direct about it. From what it seems from not only the youtube poster but also from SEEWHATUDO that it's an anomoly that happens very late at night. SEEWHATUDO saw this around 2am and taralynne the original video poster said she sees them around 5am. That's incredibly late at night. If she invites me I can try for it on the weekend but I can't make it during the week as I work exhaustive hours during the week.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In the first video about 1/2 way through you can clearly see she is videotaping bushes with lights in em . "SS" added.
imagepile.net...

When she says " i need to steady the camera" or whatever you can see the light coming out the other (left) side of the bush from the lights on the right side of it.
The other stuff looks like street lights through trees.

If you really pay attention and follow the camera angel you will see the camera isn't pointed up its pointed more on a down/straight angel.

Or so it seems to me.

[BTW i have never claimed hoax. But this one ...man i have taken video of bushes before lol]

www.youtube.com...

And streetlights do weird stuff
www.youtube.com...
I tried posting a comment there but it wont let me . What crap .

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Mindless]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

Your post says what i'm thinking. This is a video of lights at a house/building being shot through some trees or bushes. So far this has to be the worst video of 2008.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I live a mile away from Suwanee and I can confirm that there are strange lights around here at night. There is a small airfield near my home, but only single engine planes fly there.

At night, sometimes you can see a light in the sky that is as bright as any LED light, and always moving slowly towards the South. Sometimes it follows this flight path every night at the same time (at 8:20-8:30pm) from the North. The light does not blink, is very bright white, and moves at a slower rate than an airplane. If you did not keep your eye on it, you would think it was a star, because of its slow rate.

If any of you live near Gwinnett, go to the Georgia Gwinnett College campus at around 8 and you will see these lights.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ok... this same lady that posted these videos is now saying that she has video of actual ALIENS! She says that they made themselves appear to her or something and that they were of all different sizes and whatnot. She has yet to post any video that shows these supposed aliens, of course.

I'm not sure what this woman is filming. Supposedly it is being shot from her home. So if she is being genuine and honest, then I think she would know if there was a house or other earthly object in the exact area that she is filming at night. She claims these UFO's are hovering above the tree line, so if it is a home or structure it would have to be rather tall or at least up a steep hill. Either of which she should know about from living there and seeing these structures during the daytime, especially in the fall/winter when the foliage isn't that thick.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post, but here is what she said word for word about the "aliens".

I have more extreamly amazing video that i shot yesturday, in which i saw ACTUAL ALIENS. They are showing themselves to me for some reason i'm unaware of. I am currently editing the video so that it emphasizes certain still-frames where you can see alien FACES, they all are so diverse in their shapes its amazing.

This was posted 10 hours ago. If I had genuine footage of actual aliens, I wouldn't be on Youtube TALKING about it the next day! I would be POSTING the video right away! I would be running to the media and showing every single person that I know, and I'd be making tons of copies in case certain government agencies or individuals wanted to bury it!

This lady appeared somewhat credible until she posted this alien junk. Now I just refuse to believe her. Unless she's just completely clueless and is in fact filming some one's home without realizing it, and these "aliens" are just people moving around in their living room rather than creatures in a spaceship!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hey guys if you grab the video from you tube and convert it to an MPEG format and then take it to Adobe Premiere or some video editing program and mess around with the Values/Brightness/contrast you can see the craft.

It's very interesting and I think it's real.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Any screenshots you can post?

My graphics card naffed out on me a couple of weeks back and its now impossible to open video files in editing programs. Sounds interesting, I can't help but believe she is lying about the recorded aliens though. I guess we'll have to wait for the vid and see...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NJ Mooch

Im totally w/ NJM on this. You can clearly see the bushes and the lights behind the bushes....and the lights on a house....I can make out like a black lantern...its shape and all.

If you watch it just before and after 2:08, you can see the bushes better then my still/screen shot below.

I think she is hoaxing everyone!

OK. I will upload my screen shot, as soon as photobucket's maintence is over. grrr.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I think you should at least wait until the evidence is in before laying out the condemnation, sir. Saying you refuse to believe someone because they said they saw aliens is quite ignorant. You're willing to believe certain claims but once they become extraordinary you dismiss them outright without ever even seeing the evidence. It's sad when I see that type of behavior here. I thought this site at least gave people the benefit of the doubt instead of calling them liars and hoaxers as any Joe Shmoe would before they even viewed the evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by drunknmunky

Agree-If you can, post some screen shots! Has this gal put up the video of the supposed ETs yet?

Merryxmas-Any luck with setting up a meeting with her yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

If you watch it just before and after 2:08, you can see the bushes better then my still/screen shot below.

Here is the best I could do w/ the screen shot. Its had caturing a still from a video in YouTube LOL I dont have Adobe Premier.

If you follow the directions above then look at the screen shot, you will see she is filming at eye level (not the sky, nor the trees). It is clearly a bush and lights on the other side. Also, the lights never ever move. It is her and her filming that makes it look like they are moving.

And at 2:31/32 You can see what appears to be more lights that she conviently ignores. I think they are path lights - like you would place along your sidewalk...and the lights she is focusing on would be flood lights on the roof line of a house.

anyways, this is just what *I* see

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Something I've noticed about UFO videos generally; the image always goes out of focus when they zoom in. But heck, the object's at 'infinity' if it's any distance at all away, and zooms don't lose focus! Is there something about video cameras I don't understand or is this as suspicious as I think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join