It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have love in your heart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i think i am a very caring person, but infact, i am not!

if a tramp/ homeless/heroin addict etc etc, knocked on my door/begging for help i would shut the door in his/her face. and i live alone i have spare rooms.

how can i call myself a christian?

i honestly can not!.

i am one bad #!!

you know the sayiing

"that could of been jesus"

this is not a mind gazumping thread,

all i ask is do we really have love?

and for one do not at the end of the day!!!

sadly yours MM

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

pmsl

at least yer honest hun

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Oh a bet you've got a little bit... What about pie, everyone loves pie. I ain't never heard no-one say "hell no I don't love no pie"

You see the problem is that love actually is conditional.

Actually

MonKey

My love is conditional. Conditions may vary as and when I jolly well say so!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
you mean phi monkey???

oh yeh i justa love phi and chips...mmmmmm

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sometimes when I see the new morning dawning, with the little birdies chirping away, and the puppies in the yard, and my beautiful wife blowing me a kiss as I go off to work.

I'm so filled with love that I feel like I'm gonna pop!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Hell no I don't love no pie.
There, you'v heard it. I don't like any kind of pie. Seriously.

As to the OP, no.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I have love in my heart yes. Unconditional and unfaltering love? No.

Regarding your first example, turning someone like that away doesn't mean that you are being cold-hearted or unloving. Sometimes in those situations, you letting them stay there would not help them. I mean, giving an addict a safe haven will most likely make them more of an addict.

It is a matter of tough love.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have unconditional love in my heart, but I do understand what the OP is saying.

There is quite a bit in the New Testament about that contradiction within ones self about what you have within you and what you actually do.

Everyone is under the curse that they cannot do what they truly want to do.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

mine just pumps blood around my body
keeping me alive. no love there

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Sometimes when I see the new morning dawning, with the little birdies chirping away, and the puppies in the yard, and my beautiful wife blowing me a kiss as I go off to work.

I'm so filled with love that I feel like I'm gonna pop!!

I forgot to add that the above was sarcasm.

but I do have a little love in my heart for a few people because they love me. No general overpowering love of creation except for dogs.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Meremortal,
Welcome Meremortal.
Don't beat your self up.
We re human, you are human.

I have been where you are and to some extent I still put my self in situations where I should have chosen self preservation.

But we must take care of our selves, learn to discern. It does contradict the teachings of many holy scriptures.

Listen to your heart very carefully, at times you will find that you have chosen wisely, but always choose so you can stand to look your self in the eye.
Others may disagree, just stand tall and be proud of your self.
WIS

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a lot of love in my heart to fill a stadium. That's not to say that if a bum comes knocking at my door i'm going to open it. I might slide him through the window a sandwich and tell him to go.

I am a faulty human being. But i can honestly say when it comes to the heart, i would just about do anything to make someone happy or help someone in need.

I do have faults, though. I think it has to do with Adam taking the bite of the apple.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the OP's question is a faulty one. Are you saying that Christians are SUPPOSED to love unconditionally? I disagree. Even God Almighty does not love unconditionally. He loves a lot more than I do but the scriptures mention quite a few things that God HATES. He loves according to His mercy, justice and will, not according to our version of what it should be.

Doing something fool-hearty like letting a crack-head into your home (especially since you live alone) is not reflective of lack of love but of common sense. You can show love for your fellow man without being stupid about it.

As to your question: I have quite a bit of love in my heart but I have zero tolerance for BS, game players, self-indulgent manipulators who want to use your value system against you to get their way. Those kind of people aren't interested in love or at least not in what I define as love.

top topics

join