It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BaseballHistoryNut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this or even if it's appropriate, but I feel compelled.

Many of you might remember BaseballHistoryNut from the old SportzTawk forum. His name was Jim Fahey, and he was an attorney in California specializing in death penalty cases. I'm not sure I ever encountered anyone with more baseball knowledge or just raw intelligence. He was one of those scarysmart guys that I don't encounter very often, much less have any kind of meaningful interaction with.

We struck up a friendship and although he never really made the transition over to ATS/BTS, we'd exchanged email addresses and had kept up a regular correspondence. He was truly a fascinating guy.

Awhile back, he'd been diagnosed with a large benign tumor on his pineal gland. Apparently, the doctors had never heard of a larger one. The prognosis was good, given the level of care at the facility at which he was treated, and he was looking forward to a big jump in his quality of life.

The surgery was a week ago last Friday,and we exchanged several emails leading up to it right up to the night before. He came through fine, and he had his niece provide email updates to everyone on his list. I was honored and privileged to be included in those updates.

About an hour ago, I got the latest report stating the worst possible news. Jim had been up and walking around, but when he went back to bed, he had a heart attack. Even though he was in one of the finest medical facilities in the world, with some of the best doctors, they were unable to save him.

For those of you who knew him through SportzTawk, you know what I'm talking about. He was one of a kind.

God bless you, Jim. You'll be missed.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Sorry to hear this unfortunate news yeahright, it is obvious that this goes way beyond a love for a sport, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and to you on your loss.

I don't like to get all spiritual here, but I am sure that your friend will always be with you, he is only a thought away.

Once again, my condolences.

join