It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears kidnapped, held, humiliated by so-called doctors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ms. Spears is no longer in the hospital.

Another nut, Dr. Phil, went to see her and they were soon demanding Mrs. Spears right to leave the hospital.

They were granted that right and immediately vacated the hospital.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
She's not in the hospital anymore. In a world where anyone even cares about this piece of trailer trash and her family, it is only fitting that she has met with Dr. Phil and is going to be under his care which, I"m sure, will be televised and shown for our sick, twisted viewing pleasure.

maybe they can get the 16 yr old pregnant daughter, the wonderful, nurturing parents who allowed these two kids to become what they are and, perhaps, we can that Lohan clan in as well.

they are, all of them, pathetic and not worth our time but, for the record, there is no conspiracy here. she is not being held against her will, nor is she being humiliated by so called doctors. well, not until Dr. Phil puts her on tv for a "very special Dr. Phil."

edited to add the link
www.ctv.ca...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthrocks
She may not be a fit mother, but that is not a crime and does not call for medical intervention.

1 - It IS a crime not to be a fit parent.
2 - She did not return the children after her visitation - another crime.
3 - She is in DEFINATE need of medical intervention.

If she has committed a crime she should be in jail, not a hospital.

Wrong again. She committed crimes BUT she was in immediate need of medical care. Therefore - her medical care comes first and THEN the state looks into the crimes.

P.S. Haven't you ever heard of prison hospitals? Psychiatric units where the criminally insane are held AND treated? She can be taken care of for both her crimes AND her mental illness.

Originally posted by antar
OF COURSE she was out of control the other night! She had just lost her Children!

She threw the children away. She hasn't shown up to depositions and she has failed to show for mandatory drug testing. She has shown that she doesn't give a rats-back-end if she gets them back or not.

Originally posted by FredT
Britney has managed to make that deadbeat Federline look like father of the year

Yes. It's pretty darn sad when he's considered 'the better' parent. :shk:

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
she's been committed because of rampant drug use and intoxication while caring for a toddler and a newborn baby.

Ras is 100% correct.

Psychiatrist's ...it is an outrage that a profession that is clearly not itself capable of responsible conduct or independent thought ...

As a person with a degree in psychology I have to say ..
1 - you are displaying rash judgement.
2 - you are displaying a severe lack of understanding of the situation.
3 - you are displaying a severe lack of understanding of the fields of psychology/psychiatry.
4 - you are displaying a severe and aggressive emotional reaction that is out of place and the target hasn't earned that response.

In this instance the determination of committing her, is made more out of a desire to exploit Mrs. Spears' celebrity status than out of regard for her well-being.

Riiiiiiiiiight. The people at the hospital, in a town full of mega-superstars, are star-struck over this has-been and are using this because of some bigger bad-agenda? You are displaying some paranoia here.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It just does not add up to me, I am suspicious of this entire situation, there is the fact that she is using , but then with all of her money she could easily hire a first rate nanny to care take her children while she parties, California was born of those types of professional parents.

Remember the Movie Amadeus? It is sometimes the people that you hold closest to you that would harm you the deepest.

I am not on some ol poor Brittney kick, nor have I ever been a fan of her genre, I just 'know' how it works in LA.

Drugs will make even the sanest person insane, but with the right help at the right time, she can survive this intact.

As for her being an unfit Mother, perhaps in her attempt to party while raising young children and keeping the wrong company she screwed up big time, and it is the saddest situation possible for all of them. Yet it can be healed, a lot worse has happened to children, much worse irreparably damage has been made, and they can survive and life can be restored to normalcy for all involved. I just hope that it from the heart of the ones that love her that she is being forced to detox and remain under supervision.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Very much agreed Crankeur. This vomitous Cali, Tmz, OJ, Brittaney swill is enough for anyone to gag. Who in reality gives a rats patoot about coddled, enabled vermin anyway. The MAD TV skit hit it right on the head.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it is only fitting that she has met with Dr. Phil and is going to be under his care which,

apparently Dr. Phil 'built up' the meeting and the outcome. story here . TMZ is also reporting that Britney refused to see him and didn't really walk to the car with him and that they were together less than 15 minutes - and all that time she spent complaining that he was there.

TMZ even sounded like they sided with HER. Apparently her dad called him in - while the mom and sister jetted off someplace else.

Dr. Phil (whom I can't stand) built up the story to be more than it is.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OK I stand totally corrected, any of the news I have accidentally caught on this she was fighting for the children...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Britney's just probably bored outta mind and is doing crazy things.

I can't believe I'm seeing the name of Britney Spears on the website, called ATS!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
any of the news I have accidentally caught on this she was fighting for the children...

No biggie antar. Some folks are reporting that she's fighting for her children. They ASSUME that she is. BUT .. if she really were, she would have shown up for depositions and she would have shown up for the court ordered drug testing.

She's obviously a woman who doesn't want them back.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
" and Dr. Phill says 'How that working out for yooooooo"

And Britney cries, runs to the closet and snorts a line.

The best thing we can do for her is ignore her. Stop reading the gossip tabs STOP watching the crap on TV etc. She is done and truly needs to bottom out and then we will see if she is willing to turn it around.

None fo this speculation or media attention helps at all. She is a druggy, mentaly unstable and UNFIT to be a parent. period.

Its funny, you cannot fly a plane without a certification, nor drive a car, nor practice medicine. But pop out a few kids? Nothing required, not even a class :shk:

We have a saying int he ICU the least desireable you are as a parent the inversley more fertile you are. Deadbeat parents pop out kids as if they were a giant pez dispenser

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is a prime example of how alcohol/drug addiction can completely destroy a person and their life. Unfortunately, she has children and they have to suffer along with her.

Having worked with women for 15 years as a therapist, I can tell you that the best thing for ALL of them is to take her kids from her. If that doesn't motivate her to get treatment and start sobrity, nothing else will, at least not for now. She may have to lose alot more than her kids to get some help.
Kudos to the Dad for trying to get his daughter and grandkids some help.

And, FF, yes, a hospital is the best place for her, either that or a treatment center for addiction. Jail isn't nearly as effective as treatment is, for addictions. Even many judges will tell you that.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by FredT

If she were anyone else, say a welfare mother, she would be in jail!!
You should be glad they hospitalized her rather than having her thrown into the drunk tank......

The report that I heard, was that she refused to return the children to KF when her time was up....that is defying a court order, and will get you jail time in itself. Then when the police were called, she fought with them, again something that will get the rest of us jail time.

If she does not take full advantage of some of this 'unwanted' help, I predict she will wind up like Anna Nicole......

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow that absolutly makes my heart sink, its not about Brittney, its for her children that need their Mommie so much at that age. I will not judge her as I am not the judge, yet for the sake of her family I pray and hope all will be worked out and she will learn to love her children as the uncertanty of life and its fragility is so real.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
FF, yes, a hospital is the best place for her, either that or a treatment center for addiction. Jail isn't nearly as effective as treatment is, for addictions.

I agree with ya' 100%. I don't think the author of this thread understands this at all. She has committed crimes, BUT BUT BUT the immediate need is to stabilize her mentally and to get those kids away from her. A 5150 out there means she was an immediate danger to herself and/or others. The hospital was exactly the place she needed (and still needs) to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
in a way i feel sorry for her, her parents pushed her into the limelight as a child and now the limelight is part of who she is, she is a caricature of herself and the media have built her up and up then almost scathingly knocked her back down for the enjoyment of the millions of celebrity starved leeches who delight in seeing this particular car crash of a life, yes she is wealthy and that opens lots of doors but the very nature of fame means many doors close, she is in her 20's and been labeled a has been, i take no pleasure in her public demise and i wouldn't wish fame on my worst enemy ( though i'd certainly take the cash it provides )

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
I predict she will wind up like Anna Nicole......

A lot of the talking heads agree with you. I agree she could easily end up dead. You mentioned Anna Nicole .. I have some conspiracy theories about that lawer/boyfriend of hers keeping her drugged up. I think Britney is keeping herself drugged/drunk.

She is also displaying what could be some bi-polar behaviors. No one can analyze her long distance of course .. but I hope someone is keeping track of what she's doing ... I wonder if she can be committed long term without her consent? That is probably the only thing that will save her life - IMHO

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Without really knowing the girl, she does seem to have control issues, whatever they are. In a way it almost seems as if she has alternate personalities or um, a chemical imbalance. Maybe it's related to postpartum depression or like ADHD. Regression hypnotherapy or whatever might help. Or maybe she's really just Bipolar?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Now I have been corrected, but I have to say I agree that detox and intensive therapy is what is needed here, but if you have worked w/ women then you know it has to start with Brittney, no amount of jail time or other people prodding will help. It is never too late, but for a Mother suffering drug abuse and even possibly postpartum deppression, its going to be difficult to discern correctly exactly what her true condition is.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

She may not be a fit mother, but that is not a crime and does not call for medical intervention.

1 - It IS a crime not to be a fit parent.
2 - She did not return the children after her visitation - another crime.
3 - She is in DEFINATE need of medical intervention

She may well have committed crimes. That is not the issue here. I conceded that if she has committed crimes she should go to jail. Also, I am not familiar with her and cannot say whether she needs medical help. All I am saying is that she should not be forced into a hospital against her will. If a person with cancer decides he or she does not want treatment he or she is not forced to get it. Same thing here, Spears should not be forced into treatment she does not want. Of course that does not mean that measures should not be taken to protect her children as necessary.

I am not trying to excuse her conduct, only saying that she should only go to a doctor if she wants to.

Wrong again. She committed crimes BUT she was in immediate need of medical care. Therefore - her medical care comes first and THEN the state looks into the crimes.

P.S. Haven't you ever heard of prison hospitals? Psychiatric units where the criminally insane are held AND treated? She can be taken care of for both her crimes AND her mental illness.

Again, I think people who commit crimes should go to jail, but they should still only get medical treatment if they want to.

Psychiatrist's ...it is an outrage that a profession that is clearly not itself capable of responsible conduct or independent thought ...

As a person with a degree in psychology I have to say ..
1 - you are displaying rash judgement.
2 - you are displaying a severe lack of understanding of the situation.
3 - you are displaying a severe lack of understanding of the fields of psychology/psychiatry.
4 - you are displaying a severe and aggressive emotional reaction that is out of place and the target hasn't earned that response.

I welcome having this discussion with a person having a degree in psychology, but I encourage you to keep an open mind. If you do you may make contributions to a field that is in bad need of being reformed.

First, my judgements are not rash. For instance I criticized the practice of defining diseases purely in terms of behavioural symptoms. In practice this often means that behaviour that many people find disagreeable is called a disease, even though persons 'suffering' from the disease sometimes don't want it cured. For example, homosexuality was considered a mental disorder for a time not so long ago.

Second, I concede that I don't know much about this particular situation, but I am still against involutary committment on principle.

Third, If I demonstrated a lack of understanding of psychology/psychiatry in the few words I wrote above you should try to use arguments and logic to prove your point.

Fourth, I have not discussed this incident 'secerly', 'aggressiely' nor 'emotionally'. Just because you may have studied these terms in psychology does not mean you should apply them randomly.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

She may well have committed crimes. That is not the issue here.

It has to be part of the discussion. It's part of the situation.

All I am saying is that she should not be forced into a hospital against her will.

Well .. there was a lot of stuff said against psychologists/psychiatrists in the opening post ... but we'll move on and just focus on this statement of yours.

When a person has a mental illness they don't know what their own 'will' is. They aren't in their right minds and they aren't able to see their own situaton clearly. They aren't able to see their own injury.

If a person has a clear mind and rejects medical attention .. that's their right. The problem with rejecting medical attention when you are mentally ill is that you don't understand what the situation is or what your condition is.

The shrinks don't just look at behaviors when making a diagnosis. They look at many things. There are MANY physical things that can be wrong, and that can be corrected with medication. There are chemical imbalances as well as brain tumors, etc etc.

It could also be just a case of her whacking out on drugs. Self induced. And yes, that would be illegal, especially when she's doing it while the two little children are around.

In the end - a person has to have a clear and stable mind in order to reject medical care. A person who has mental illness, or who is high on drugs, doesn't have the clarity to be able to do so.

Please note - I agree that someone with a drug problem needs to be in a hospital and/or dry out center for a while instead of a jail. But the law is the law .. and if she's putting those kids in danger (which she appears to be doing) ... then the law WILL put her in jail - mentally ill or not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join