It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Hot Spot on Saturn's Chilly Pole

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

Well it's just my view of it. It's not really a original concept by any means. but it seems obvious when you look at nature, we do live in a fractal universe, I think that's self evident.
Plasma is scalable so I suppose you could say it's an Electro-fractal universe.
Just my take on it though.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Squiz - I think I know what you mean. It makes me wonder if we will ever have a free energy system based on that model.

I have heard interviews from The Thunderbolts of the Gods - last one was on Coast to Coast AM 11/26. On this link I have included is a 1 hour free video of a lecture from Wallace Thurnhill. I will have to watch it after work, but for anyone that can, here it is :
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As for the voyager stuff (and Pioneer), here's some more stuff from Wall.

www.holoscience.com...
www.holoscience.com...
www.holoscience.com...

There's probably much more on this at Thunderbolts.
Thanx for the link.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by squiz]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Yes, I think the simplest analogy for the Sun is the anode cathode pair, the Sun being the positively charged anode and the heliosphere acting as the cathode

Let's assume for simplicity that the Sun is spherical, and the heliosphere is a spherical shell around that central sphere. You are saying that the heliosphere has a net negative charge. What particles are responsible for carrying that charge?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
As saturn and jupiter are not massive enough to collapse and initiate fusion, if a fusion bomb was ignited in on of them and caused a chain-reaction, wouldn't they do a good impression of a nova? That would not be good for the earth

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by martpjones

Unfortunately, for a Nova to occur there needs to be the presence of a white dwarf with a companion star. I really don't know where you were going with that one.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Perhaps it is the same mechanism at work in all these scales from planetary, solar, galactic and beyond and perhaps on the micro scale as well who knows?
Just a thought.

And not an original one, it goes back tens of thousands of years.
There's an old saying "As above so below" and it refers to
the mirror of every system at the micro and macro cosmic scale.

You can look at human relationships over a period of time and see
the "star", its satellites, system events and periodic visitors.

Look at an atomic model, or a galaxy, and they look like each other.

Look at a planet, like Jupiter and its 100+ moons!

I believe Jupiter could be a star, if the sun blew up and shed all its material back into the solar system. Would it be possible if Saturn exploded and shed its material?
I'm sure thats a math problem someone could solve.

The hexagonal patterns around the poles, its a matter of frequency yes?

Earth loses its ozone at the poles.

These hotspots are the gases of interior atmosphere being lost in a similar fashion, only rising up through a much stronger magnetic field, and being warmed up like getting rope burn. The material coming out is the rope, the rest of the atmosphere is the hands.

I hope they manage a way to see inside of these planets atmospheres before I die.
I don't believe gas giants don't have something solid inside of them, maybe 1,000
something solids. Mini solar system indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay, the black spot on Jupiter (which is there and no one bothered to ask NASA if this was caused by the plutonium detonated but Galileo) was a prerun that didn't take in my eyes.

If you read what I sent you it says, Cassini plunges into polar region in hopes to increase acceleration of gravity before impact. This is to give the Plutonium pellets a better depth then if Equator was used. They say the polar area is less likely to have storms that brew. Days to weeks later these Plutonium pellets are to reach crush depth and implode 15-25% into Saturn and igniting it into a star. They are betting NASA will never be asked did Cassini did this. They say that Saturn allows this because of less density then Jupiter and less of radius by going in at pole.

They admit that Jupiter was a precursor --try/test-- to Saturn, (the black spot) They are saying Saturn is safer then what Jupiter would have been as far as the ejecta disturbing Earth's atmosphere.The ionized hydrogen will be less then if with Jupiter still risky. They are saying the ionized hydrogen will average .015 kg/m2/day for every sq. meter/2weeks at high speed last days with heavy elements in smaller quantities.

Did any of you read fully the link I put up? Read the timeline of events and check how they list it, conspiratorial theory.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Dropping plutonium pellets" on Saturn ain't gonna do jack.

If ou theory is that this is supposed to prime a thermonucelar reaction, the very least that's required is that you have a fully functional nuclear bomb. I just don't see it happening; and it won't be able to reach anywhere near the dense region of the planet -- will be destroyed in the process... And blasting the clouds isn't helpful.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Not dropping the Plutonium on Saturn shooting it into the pole then having it travel up INTO.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well the black spots you see on Jupiter were from Shoemaker-Levy 9 crashing into the planet. It had 34.5 pounds of Plutonium-238 on board. The giant black spot was caused by a fragment that released 750 times the energy of the entire worlds nuclear arsenals. 34.5 of Plutonium is nothing compared to that.
The Cassini probe, if plunged into the polar region would already be past it's terminal velocity (it's moving at 8km per second now) - it would be crushed...it's not like it can ride the vortex down untouched.
Interesting timeline though. If you have any proof that will support your theory, please post it. The storms at the poles are violent and as to a gateway to the center of the planet, we really don't have the tech or ability to do that to Jupiter or Saturn (or Neptune). But Mercury, Earth and Mars are do-able.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good Lord, haven't you read the link I provided in full, it explained everything.

Read from top to bottom please
cyberspaceorbit.com...

Is this possible? I don't know. Top Scientist seem to be trying look at what Galileo did to Jupiter....

Good question for NASA when they are open to public television don't you think?

[edit on 7-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While admitting I haven't read any of the posts (seems like a waste of time) since...I saw this same 'announcement' on the NASA website this morning!!!! (Monday, 7 January 2008 at approx 0200 EST)

Now...when I have time, I'll take a look at what has been posted...guessing it will be illuminating....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I read up to the Space.com reference from Oct. 23. The anomoly they spoke of was noted on Oct. 19. The Galileo orbiter crashed into the planet a month earlier. With all the cameras, telescopes and other equipment trained on that planet, this should have been noted on Sept 22, not a month later. Those black spots have occurred before and after. Here are some links from Space.com.
www.space.com...
www.space.com...

I stopped there to do some research. It is an interesting topic, but it is off topic. I will continue to read cyberspaceorbit slowly as I have time over the next few days, but from what I see it is highly speculative. Not a problem, just off topic from this recent discovery that seems to be another thread of truth for the EU.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Let's assume for simplicity that the Sun is spherical, and the heliosphere is a spherical shell around that central sphere. You are saying that the heliosphere has a net negative charge. What particles are responsible for carrying that charge?

Good question.
The interstellar particles, A protective Langmuir plasma sheath will form where the total separation of the charge exists across the double layers, separating the interstellar plasma from the solar plasma. The Earths magnetosphere is the same separating the charge of the earth with the solar plasma. So it's part of the circuitry. Similar to biological plasma that forms protective cell walls. The Heliopause and the magnetosphere are actually tear drop shaped or have cometry tails so to speak, not because there's "wind" in space but because there are flowing charged particles or in other words electricity.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Ummmm....huh?

squiz, could you try to restate your last post in English?

Just to clarify my question re: that post...are you saying that cosmic radiation will not harm organic cells? I realize Earth's magnetic field generates what could be called a 'magnetosphere'...but, actually, it IS NOT a sphere, the effect of the magnetic field that protects the Earth from most cosmic radiation.

If you understood it properly, you would know that the lines of 'magnetism' of the Earth's 'field' curve from pole to pole. Hence, the 'Aurora Borealis' effect seen in the Northern (and less rarely, since fewer people live there to see it) in the Southern hemisphere.

Oh dear...it seems that no living thing could possibly exist in the vicinity of either pole, since all of the cosmic particles are deposited there...much as some say the Moon's surface MUST be radioactive!!

Oh...wait...Aleuts...polar bears...salmon...penguins....whew!! What a relief!

Guess I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

As far as the hexagon goes, I think I can help with that.
Rotating Polygons

The same principles as cymatics, where frequency creates geometric structure. A little secret to the universe right there.

Whether it's electromagnetic or acoustic or as in the above example I don't know but definitely related to the frequency of the polar vortex.

Sweet. It's been awhile since I learnt something on ATS. Thanks for introducing me to that term, "cymatics".

As for the topic at hand, yeah, I think it's possible it has something to do with plasma flow. I wouldn't attribute plasma flow to hollow world theories though
(this is the over attribution that annoys me which I spoke of in the other thread...)

Differing termination shock boundaries, yes, possible (being at the boundary of different plasma systems)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What you said is correct, it's just recognizing it from the realization of a plasma universe. No I'm not saying that cosmic rays are harmless, All you have to do is understand what a plasma double layer is and you can replace the words magnetosphere/magnetotail or helioshere/heliopause with the word double layer and have a better understanding of their purpose.

en.wikipedia.org...(plasma)

As you can see in the link the Moons predicted double layer was confirmed in 2003.

Hannes Alfven wrote

"Since the time of Langmuir, we know that a double layer is a plasma formation by which a plasma–in the physical meaning of the word–protects itself from the environment. It is analogous to a cell wall by which a plasma (in the biological meaning of the word) protects itself from the environment.
…If a plasma is inhomogeneous so that the chemical composition, density, and/or electron temperature differs in different parts of the plasma, the plasma may set up double layers which split the plasma into two or more regions, each of which becomes more homogeneous." [IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. PS-14, No. 6, Dec 1986.]

Hope that clarifies, I'm by no means an expert so my explanations are fairly simplistic.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Now that's amazing! I can't wait to see who the first university in the US will be that will teach Plasma Cosmology.
The hexagonal pattern is really cool. Nature seems to leave us hints. That was a big clue that something else is going on in the universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I saw someone wonder, earlier on this thread, whether Saturn could become another 'small' sun. Well...Jupiter is much bigger than Saturn, so it (Jupiter) would be the first logical choice. However, it would need MUCH more mass.

The understanding, as I've been reading and watching, is there are many, many systems observed to be either double-, or triple-star systems. Given a different set of circumstances 4.5 billion years ago, 'Jupiter' may well have coalesced into a massive enough size to ignite into a star. I daresay that would have had a profound effect on the eventual evolution of life on the planets of our Solar System.

Even our nearest star, Alpha Centauri, is a double (in fact, I think I have read that there is a smaller 'companion' as well, in a very eccentric orbit around Centauri 'A' and 'B').

In the last few years, simply by using better telescopes and better computing power, read that as digital analysis, we have confirmed somewhere around 100 extra Solar planets. Most, of course, are Jupiter-sized, or larger, since their detection depends upon the observed 'wobble' of the star they orbit...that 'wobble' is the telltale of an orbiting body massive enough to have an effect, but not massive enough to have ignited into a fusion ball that shines with its own light.

This is basic science, and cosmology. Some will tend to discount this 'mainstream' view of physics as quaint, I expect. If I might draw an analogy...I am guessing there were many who thought the Wright Brothers were quaint, and that their invention would be of no use to anybody......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join