It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief Biographical Sketch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
To: Members, Administrators, and Lurkers of the Abovetopsecret network.
Re: Brief Biographical Sketch

My name is Derek Falken, and I've recently decided to add a measure of online interactivity to my exploratory research into the phenomena addressed in your forums. This introductory post is a compressed biographical sketch with the intent to reveal and identify my areas of knowledge and fields of study.

I've chosen to keep specific personal details vague, due to the fact that there are many people out there with various mental disorders who might decide, for one reason or another, to harass you or use personal information for their own nefarious schemes.

I reside in the United States of America.

I am strictly an amateur investigator into these phenomena, and to this date I am unknown on any public discussion forum, website, or community. I have remained as a non-registered lurker on many sites over the course of five years.

While I have a university-level education, I have gained most of my knowledge through personal research which includes speaking to certain individuals and amassing an extensive library on a variety of subjects. I am not an expert in any one subject, and I've chosen an inter-disciplinary approach to reap the benefits of examining the intersection of all sets and subsets of my fields of study.

I've had many personal experiences with certain aspects of the phenomena. However, because I recognize the tendency of the brain to confabulate, distort, and otherwise alter memories and experiences, it's unlikely that I will share them. No matter how much I declare my objectivity, I cannot trust the faculties of my brain to be absolutely objective at all times.

I have made a formal decision to begin writing my perspectives and publish them. Hopefully I can benefit your community, and gain benefit from our interaction.

Current Focus: I'm re-evaluating some of my theories regarding ancient myth and their parallels to the UFO and abduction-related phenomena.

I look forward to the exchange of ideas.

Thanks,

Derek Falken

Professional:

Currently I work as a technical writer, computer graphics artist, and account executive.

Fields of Study:

Grand Unified Theory

Adult Psychology
Child Psychology
Social Psychology
Evolutionary Psychology
Hypnosis

Post-Abduction Syndrome
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Psychology of Victims of Rape and Abuse (verbal and physical)
Relationship and Marriage Counseling
Human Sexuality

Biology
Microbiology

Sociology
Para Linguistics
Linguistics
Semiotics
Philosophy (To wit: Phenomenology, Epistemology, Ethics, Religion, Metaphysics, and Aesthetics)
Information Theory

Ancient Religion
Ancient and Classical Myth
Ancient, Classical, and Modern Literature

Photographic Analysis
Digital Image Analysis
Video Analysis
Digital Video Analysis

Speculative Fields of Study:

Abduction Phenomena
Xenobiology
Xenopsychology
Xenosociology
Xenotechnology

[edit on 6-1-2008 by DerekFalken]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. We are glad you found this site interesting. With the wide variety of interests that you have listed, I'm sure you will find ATS a virtual (pun intended) cornucopia of delight.

May your stay be pleasant and long.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
With that resume Derek, you'll fit right in here at ATS. That interest in psychology will be put to use here for sure.

A have a question if you please, why did you chose Above Top Secret as the forum you signed up to and not the myriad of others out there?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekFalken

Welcome, DerekFalken!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome everyone, and the information Grady.

Why did I choose ATS as a starting point?

Other forums often use it as a reference in their own threads. ATS seems to be a nexus for information sharing and collaborative analysis and speculation. ATS has a balance of hardcore believers, hardcore skeptics, and those that remain neutral.

There are those who identify with the group and readily agree with or defend the opinions of others in the group. There are those who maintain a more individual stance.

This canvas makes for good (if not always civil) cussing and discussing of the material.

Finally, the level of activity here is consistent. On other boards, it's more or less intermittent. I see new items appear here before appearing elsewhere.

Keep Thinking,

Derek Falken

[edit on 6-1-2008 by DerekFalken]

top topics

join