It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Perhaps I should add that I have no way of being entirely certain of my opinion, but I have in fact seen this before. It is an odd appearance noetheless.

If I may, I will add a short anecdote. One bitter cold night, I became quite unnerved when I observed the sky. Behind the patchy clouds, there was an eerie glow. The color of the space ship shields in Independance Day. An aqua blue-green. Was it the moon? No. No moon that night, yet the sky was lit up as bright as a full moon, but in this eerie sci-fi shade. A short time later, I went back out and the clouds had mostly cleared up. But now the sky began to glow red, with increaing intensity. My heart began to race. I wondered what was so large entering our atmosphere, that it could burn the night sky with this shade. I really though that maybe an asteroid or something was about to crash through the sky. Maybe I just couldn't see it byond the horizon, but that it was burning up the atmoshpere.

Well, long story short, it was something we have all heard of before, though pictures do absolutely no justice to the Aurora Borealis. I live in New York, but the neon gases reacting with particles of solar energy had never traveled this far south from the areas where the Northern Lights are more common. If you have never seen the show, put it on your bucket list.

[edit on 1/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Pshhad, JIB, aint buyin' it. This event is truly unexplainable. Any attempt to liken it to a high atmospheric jet trail is madness, madness I say.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hi, i think why I had doubts it was a contrail is because of the way it seemed to start, it was quite broad at the start, and it seemed that it appeared suddenly as their was clear sky and then what appears smoke?

I have not seen contrails that start with such an 'impact', they tend to dissipate into nether as the plane continues forward.

In light of no official line coming forward, I suppose we add it the list of unknowns? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
THat looks very convincing. There is no doubt there is something there, just determining what it is is the hard part

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, theres no doubt that something is shown in the video, but determining what it is is the hard part.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The last time i saw a something like this, is when a friend in florida saw the
space shuttle launch and sent me some pictures that looked like this!!
These are not that picture but it looks same.

These are called contrails.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrojanNutzConspiracy

So the bottom two images are contrails? Different to what I have ever seen, thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They are caused by the exhaust from the solid rocket motors on the booster engines from the launch of the space shuttle.

from a distance in the sunset.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrojanNutzConspiracy

I agree to the similarity, and as I have never personally seen a shuttle launch I am unable to comment.

But on the basis of what you have shown, since there are no Space Shuttles launched at where this was taken, what other type of craft would give this type of contrails?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Is it possible that this is the exhaust from a pulse jet/rocket type engine that's also running a little rich?
I believe the Earthlings are still experimenting with this kind of propulsion system among others.
Just a thought, as it looks to me like a pulsed type exhaust stream as opposed to a continuous burn.
Come on you experts out there, somebody must know.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It is an interesting trail. I can only think of three, chemtrail but I don't think it's that, Aurora which they say doesn't exist??? or UFO.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Found this article on Journal Pioneer:

Experts stumped by video
Falling aircraft, flare, waterspout, tornado ruled out
JIM BROWN
Journal Pioneer

Officials with Environment Canada and the Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSBC) say they don't have an explanation for what a couple saw in the early evening skies above their North Tryon home on Boxing Day.
"It's very difficult to say exactly what it is," said Yves Jolicoeur, investigator with the TSBC, based in Gatineau, Que.
Jolicoeur said the Canadian military and Coast Guard were contacted about activities that day, including aircraft flights and search and rescue training operations.
There was nothing happening on Dec. 26 to account for the sighting of a funnel-shaped, spiral phenomenon captured on video by Tony Quigley and his wife Marie Ford-Quigley.
The object was visible for approximately 30 minutes and they captured 10 minutes worth of film.
Jolicoeur saw the entire video Friday. But prior to that, he thought he might have a theory, based on hearing there appeared to be a great deal of black smoke.
"Initially I thought it was some sort of flare fired during military operations," he said.
But that was discarded after he saw the video because flares give off a white flash, something that was missing from the film.
"It's almost like a flashbulb (in a camera) going off."
Jolicoeur checked anyway and there were no exercises held in the area that would involve flares.
Likewise, there were no reports of jets or other aircraft in distress, including those from CFB Greenwood, N.S., so that avenue of inquiry appeared to hit a dead end as well.
However, he didn't rule out unusual light conditions.
For instance, contrails from jets flying overhead can appear darker later in the evening, said Jolicoeur.
Environment Canada meteorologist Herb Thoms said a couple of weather events are extremely unlikely - waterspouts and tornados.
Usually, when those phenomena occur the clouds are "dark, deep and towering". The skies were definitely not threatening above North Tryon on the evening of Dec. 26 and the winds were light.
"It's very unlikely that it's a tornado or waterspout."
There's a possibility smoke could be an explanation, but that's only a guess, said Thoms.
Jet contrails seemed an unlikely bet, he said.
"Most of the contrails I've seen don't look like that. They're much smaller and white."
The mysterious object appeared to form above the clouds and extend to the ground.

Sorce: Journal Pioneer

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Fabulous bit of detective work internos.I heard this story when it first broke. Although unusual in nature, I do not believe this to be a UFO crash.
In my humble opinion, the title of this thread is misleading.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I agree. It's not black at all, it's just unilluminated.

A red flag here was the witnesses' estimate of distance. Such an estimate is impossible for a true UFO, and if the witness fails to understand that, then it has misinterpretation written all over it.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok, err, what did I miss?

I saw the video. 'Unexplained' trail of smoke in the sky.

What on earth do we have to be able to say this is a 'UFO Crash' as the OT, and thread title says?

Yeesh ppl. Please, investigate properly, not sensationalise.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

I have no idea what it is.....sure is exciting to think about the possibilies though. Nice find. Thanks for posting!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I found this interesting claim under the commetns section of the story. It could back up the satelitte claim

I remember seeing something almost identical to what the couple saw near the Confederation Bridge. At that time (during the 70's) what I and other Ottawa residents saw over the Ottawa skies turned out to be a Russian satellite burning on reentry to the earth's atmosphere. It was on a similar angle of descent and heading in a westerly direction.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, UFOs are certainly possible but we're being asked here to believe something interesting happened in Canada....

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PersonFromPorlock

What ? Nothing interesting happens in Canada?

How about this...
www.ufocasebook.com...

www.hbccufo.org...

www.canada.com...

And of course..this..
ufos.about.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-1-2008 by AccessDenied]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join