It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are NOT ready for disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As unfortunate as it might seem, the general public does not share the same mental capacities of the open minded UFO researcher. The public does not care about UFO's, or aliens. Even worse, the average person in the western society is completely brain washed by a very articulate and amazing campaign that has made UFOs and Aliens a terrible subject that brings about emotional fear or embarrassment.

Personally, I cannot wait for the day when everyone on Earth knows that we are not alone. But I've tried with every ounce of energy I have to persuade people to open their minds, and they don't want to. Nobody cares. Even when millions of people believe, the major media is still winning. The government directed campaign of lies is still more powerful than the truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hmm...I'm not so sure of that anymore. I am slowly but surely starting to see a shift in the general populaces attitude towards not only ET life existing in the universe, but to the possibility that we are being visited. Most of the people I get into discussions with nowadays appear to be curious and open minded, and most that I've spoken to feel that our gov has been covering the subject up for a long time.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i dunno man. we get frustrated sometimes but the truth is my people are starting to come around. keep trying but don't force anything. they'll get it through their curiosity. they want answers too i'm sure just not as bad as we do

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I beg to differ, we ARE ready of disclosure and are in DIRE NEED of it. You'd solve so many of our homegrown issues (at an expense, of course) and questions with one swift strike.

Don't expect it to happen though, we haven't discovered a single microbe off planet yet and before that happens (~50 years) there's absolutely no way anybody or any organization will bring about such knowledge.

Unless if SETI/SETI@HOME comes up with something, that is.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey guys I dont know about you but this is a subject that I refuse to open in a crowd or a room full of friends or strangers. I try so very hard to blend and something like ET or spirits just does not go very well in the digestion of the crowd. How do any of you start this discussion, I really would like to know. Where besides UFO conventions or web sites like ATS can you raise these issues without branding yourself a quack, tell me.
I just hope disclosure happens in my lifetime and I am able to hold my head up high in any crowded room and say those words "I told you so"
gwhint

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think that we just don't know until it happens. I think of myself quite open, but I have no idea how I would react at seeing an alien in front of me.

So there is no way you can aproximate peoples reaction. You might brainwash them with movies and propaganda in certain directions, but you still don't know how they will eventually react since once people know aliens exists, after lets say 10 years, things would look totally different. We only think about the immediate impact.

Judging this way the faster it happens, disclosure, the better. But if disclosure will get us into stupid wars between nations then better leave that for laters when humanity has the proper spirituality and culture to deal with such information.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I hardly think other people not caring about the UFO situation and finding it a laughing matter amounts to not being ready for disclosure.

I'm sure there are many millions of people out there who don't care that their government lies to them and spreads disinformation on a regular basis but I'm not one of them

[edit on 1/6/2008 by uv777bk]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have to side with supermuble on this.. Good post

As much as 'we' (those that believe in UFO's/ET's etc) want disclosure to take place, the sad fact is, the vast majority of people on Earth are still unaware or, purposely choose to ignore this issue simply because it still has that stigma associated with it. The more 'modern' the culture, the more this subject is played down to its people.

Besides,

What incentive is there for any Government to come clean?. Absolutely NONE. It has zero benefits for them to do so. Think about it, they already (allegedly) have all this alien technology and knowledge, so why should they come clean about where they got it and risk the wrath of its people for being kept in the dark all these years, when its much easier for them to keep denying the truth. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

Donoso, I agree we DO need the help of a benevolent ET to help guide us in our development, but as long as our governments (with their own secret agenda's ) speak on our behalf, this will not happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Most people cant even wrap their minds around what they are seeing on a daily basis. They are not the ones that have worked diligently for decades to disclose the the truth, so for those not ready, get ready! I 'know' that the non terrestrial craft are in abundance and that once seen with the naked eye it gets easier and easier to spot them. At first, it is almost like looking into a parallel dimension of disproportionate physics. Once your mind is attuned to the next dimension coexisting here with us just about ready to shift into our reality, it is very easy to see. Once you see you only look for validation from those that you wish were here to instruct and guide us, but it is the opposite.

new topics

top topics

join