It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independant Order Of Oddfellows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
you seem to have omitted them from your lists

as old as the masons and in the hey day was the LARGEST fraternal organization in the world

membership is still active and worldwide

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rokerijdude11

The Oddfellows are mentioned numerous times in the archives. Is there perhaps a comment or question you would like to present to help stimulate conversation about them?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My grandfather was an Oddfellow (lol). I have his Oddfellow's sword.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
All of the IOOF members I knew are dead. The were all extraordinarily fine Gentlemen and pillars of their communities, many of them decorated WW2 heroes. They dont make men like that anymore and we are all poorer for it.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Besides my various Masonic memberships, membership in the Knights of Pythias (KP) and the United Ancient Order of Druids (UAOD) I am a member of Jurisdiction Lodge #1, Grand Lodge of Missouri, Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF)

Sadly, there aren't many of us left in this fine order, but at one time the IOOF was very strong in the U.S.

We've discussed the Odd Felllows here a few times, but I'd be glad to try and answer any questions I can.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am an Oddfellow I belong to district 21 in northern illinois where there are 6 active lodges currently with 3 new lodges in the works. While Oddfellowship Numbers have dwindled in previous years there is currently a resurgance in many parts of the country

we are a Secret Society with a degree system similar to that of masonryas i stated we were at one time the Largest Fraternal organization in the world even surpassing Masons in numbers of membership

as i stated we have lodges and membership worldwide not just the US and England. the Order is still alve and well.I find it interesting at times the things i hear others believe we and the masons stand for

we have levels above a 3rd degree as well

I will check the archives i was interested what many here had to say about the Order I have held many elected positions in my oddfellowship and continue to do so to this day always looking to elevate the character of mankind One man at a time

the IOOF has been very good to myself and has allowed me to pay back for some of what i have taken from life . i will be an Oddfellow until i die

yours in FLT

The Reverend Roker J. Dude

new topics

top topics

join