It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe Bush Must Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com

Nixon Was Bad. These Guys Are Worse.

By George McGovern
Sunday, January 6, 2008; B01

As we enter the eighth year of the Bush-Cheney administration, I have belatedly and painfully concluded that the only honorable course for me is to urge the impeachment of the president and the vice president.

After the 1972 presidential election, I stood clear of calls to impeach President Richard M. Nixon for his misconduct during the campaign. I thought that my joining the impeachment effort would be seen as an expression of personal vengeance toward the president who had defeated me.

Today I have made a different choice.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Remeber George McGovern ... ???

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I guess old idiots are like old soldiers - they don't die, they just fade away. In this case, the old idiot McGovern just can't fade away fast enough.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
George McGovern? George McGovern!?

He's relevant how?

Mr. Bush is going to be gone in just over a year. For better or worse, his eight years are almost up. Someone else is going to take their stab at it. George McGovern?
Oh my god, George McGovern? When was he last a player on the political scene? I think I was still in Elementary school.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hal4511

Next you're going to tell us:

Mike Dukakis
Geraldine Ferraro
Al Sharpton
Tom Daschle

Are all mad at GW as well. It pretty much comes down to who gives a ****!

Becker

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I voted for George McGovern way back in 1972, I guess it was.

I wasn't exactly anti-war, but I felt there might be a better way of conducting the war.

Certainly, the outcome under Richard Nixon was nothing to gloat about.

This statement seem kind of odd:

How could a once-admired, great nation fall into such a quagmire of killing, immorality and lawlessness?

www.washingtonpost.com...

I supported the war in Vietnam, but this quote from McGovern was pretty much the mantra of the anti-war crowd who supported McGovern.

It's even stranger to see McGovern romanticizing the Nixon administration.

McGovern is a man who has spent a good deal of his time flip-flopping on the issues and abandoning his friends and his convictions.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's hard to imagine an administration more disastrous than Nixon's, but maybe a McGovern administration might have actually been worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In 1972, I was in the third grade. His abandonment of his running mate, Eagleton?, was low; even I, a nine year old, thought that. I've always thought, that particular incident, more than any other, cost him the election. My opinion, true.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Whats I enjoyed most of his letter, McGovern tells of a Jefferson quote he has repeated many times in recent years:

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

This quote was used numerous times by Hunter S. Thompson, the man many people credit for giving McGovern a chance to beat Nixon in 72. In fact, this quote begins the 3rd chapter of HSTs book Hell's Angels.

How true it is...

new topics

top topics

join