It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing will take 10 years to fulfill orders made this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

in 2007 boeing delivered 441 aircraft and have a further

to deliver and they make jus 14 747`s a year - so next time there`s a discussion about airbus and waiting forever to get aircraft - rememeber that the big orders this year won`t be seen before 2017

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm glad for the aircraft industries in general and all the workers that worked in that industry (I'm one of them, not at Boeing), but...

For all in-land travel (example New-York to Boston or L.A.), it will be nice to have a 21th century rail road system (like the TVG, Train Grande Vitesse in Europe), for several reasons (pollution, speed (if you take into account the wasted time in airport, train can connect downtown to downtown, airport are often located far from downtown), more room to stretch, could even have a gym inside, etc.).

If price of oil goes sky-high, it will not be wise to rely only on commercial aircraft for long distance travel.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
I'm glad for the aircraft industries in general and all the workers that worked in that industry (I'm one of them, not at Boeing), but...

For all in-land travel (example New-York to Boston or L.A.), it will be nice to have a 21th century rail road system (like the TVG, Train Grande Vitesse in Europe), for several reasons (pollution, speed (if you take into account the wasted time in airport, train can connect downtown to downtown, airport are often located far from downtown), more room to stretch, could even have a gym inside, etc.).

If price of oil goes sky-high, it will not be wise to rely only on commercial aircraft for long distance travel.

Ditto in every single respect.

I think its nothing short of a crime that supposed developed countries like the UK, the US or many others in Europe do not have proper high speed rail links built on maglevs or similar.

A train can do so much more than an aircraft - as long as the track is there.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh, and in other news the FAA are not happy with the 787 as it currently stands and:

Boeing spokeswoman Lori Gunter said the FAA has issued eight special conditions on the Boeing 787, but that not all of them pertain to the plane's computer systems.

here

top topics

join