It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Will Deny U.S. Operations to Hunt Al Qaeda on its Soil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Pakistan Will Deny U.S. Operations to Hunt Al Qaeda on its Soil

www.foxnews.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Pakistan reiterated Sunday that it will not let American forces hunt Al Qaeda and Taliban militants on its soil, after a news report said Washington was considering expanding U.S. military and intelligence operations into Pakistan's tribal regions.

The Foreign Ministry dismissed as "speculative" a story in the New York Times on Sunday saying U.S. President Bush's top security officials discussed a proposal Friday to deploy American troops to pursue militants along the Pakistan-Afghan border.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I guess thats what you get from an "ally" after you have send them millions of dollars in aid!

My real question is, why the US administration even bothers to ask them for authorization?, I mean is not like this administration hasn't breaken any rules when is stand in the way of them accomplishing their goals?

And doesn't Turkey goes in to fight kurdish rebels inside Iraq and the US doesnt say squat? I get it, we afraid of Pakistan and Turkey?? Is that what it is?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think that the Pakistanis would tear Musharraf apart if he allowed US troops in the country. He's barely able to keep the country from being overthrown as it is.

Sometimes you've just got to keep the status quo.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

And that would imply that this administration has finally learned that invading other peoples countries sometimes JUST sometimes might not be a smart move after all.

At least they learned something.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think the reason FOX got the scoop on this was in retaliation for snubbing the Democrats

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

I guess thats what you get from an "ally" after you have send them millions of dollars in aid!

its actually Billions of dollars in aid..10.5 billion to be exact.

My real question is, why the US administration even bothers to ask them for authorization?,

i was wondering the same thing, why is the US so weary when it comes to pakistan? arn't we used to pushing middle east countries around?
i think there must be something going on behind the scenes because Pakistans ISI have been involved in several terror attacks including 911 and they havent been touched. And i read an article a while back that said bush decided not to destroy the poppy crops in afghanistan because alot of the drug lords are pakistani and they dont want to destablize pakistan by pissing off the drug lords... how retarded is that? !!
why would Pakistan even have the balls to tell the US they couldnt carry out operations in pakistan? they are supposed to be an ally on the war on terror. well if they arnt going to go into the tribal areas and knock out the terror groups like we paid them to do, we should.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Those are all great points and I think they can all go back to the 911 attacks.

What we have to fear in Pakistan? Do they have the know in possible attacks that can take place in the US and are holding the info in order to keep us from intervene.?

I don't know what's going on but for some reason I found that unbelievable from this administration that they will put the "national security" of this country on the line, because country A or B don't want to comply to our request!

What happen to "your either with us or with the terrorists"?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What happen to "your either with us or with the terrorists"?

The absolutes of that only apply to poor defenceless countries and US citizens. They enter grey/white areas when the US has limited/no dominion or influence over nations of military might and economic independence. Can you imagine Bush going to Beijing or Moscow and saying that. It's just playground bully rhetoric, nothing to take seriously.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How would the Americans react to Pakistani troops carrying out operations on US soil?

It amazes me how Americans only ever see one side of the coin.

CT

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is only face-saving rhetoric coming from the Musharraf regime, he could never officially sanction any US military involvement in Pakistan.

Cambodia ring a bell?????

I have more to say but I will bite my lip in support of the troops who have had nothing to do with the decisions being made concerning the region.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
this is propoganda.

We do not want to go into pakistan to aprehend Osama + Alqaeda, because while alqaeda still exists, terrorism still exists in the sheeps mind.

Also,
This is meant to re-enforce that idea, that ALQEADA killed bhutto.
Because, Your now meant to perceive.

'' alqaeda didnt want bhutto in, becasue she stated she'd get teh MI6 and FBI in to investigate the government and its ties to terrorism ''

so, alqeada MUST of assasinated Bhutto, because she's more of a american puppet than Musharraff.

I mean... we activley invaded and occupied a nation, against stirn warnings from many of our long time allies.. .we still did it.

you think the US president will let Musharraff boss him around?
HUH!

Its a game, and both sides benefit with such a statement.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Musharraf don't want Bin Laden to be found in Chitral. That should be pretty clear by now.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw on fox news today that the U.S. is still considering going even without permission, and stating that we already have CIA assets in the A.O. they are looking into putting troops in..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's interesting that when the Taliban didn't hand Bin Laden over and told us we weren't allowed to come get him, we invaded their country and ousted them from power.

But Musharaff does the exact same thing and not only do we let him stay in power, we actually HELP him stay in power.

The mission to capture Bin Laden and destroy Al Qaeda is just another fairytale from the Bush administration, which after nearly two terms in office has yet to do one single honest and intelligent thing for America.

new topics

top topics

join