It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Cycle 24 Begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

This is big.
A new solar cycle has started as predicted by the Mayas and its predicted to get to it's max in mid of 2012.
I hope it will be mind altering especially for all of us who are very sensitive to the suns electromagnetic field.

Enjoy the first pictures taken by Tom Eklund of Akaa, Finland of the solar wind hitting the electromagnetic field of Earth.

spaceweather.com...

From www.spaceweather.com (1/4/07)...
SOLAR CYCLE 24: Solar physicists have been waiting for the appearance of a reversed-polarity sunspot to signal the start of the next solar cycle. The wait is over. A magnetically reversed, high-latitude sunspot emerged today... It marks the beginning of Solar Cycle 24 and the sun's slow ascent back to Solar Maximum

This image, created using data from the SOHO solar observatory, shows the location of the first sunspot of the Solar Cycle 24. Credit: SOHO.

For reasons explained in a recent Science@NASA story, this marks the beginning of Solar Cycle 24 and the first step toward a new solar maximum. Intense solar activity won't begin right away. Solar cycles usually take a few years to build from solar minimum (where we are now) to Solar Max (expected in 2011 or 2012). It's a slow journey, but we're on our way!

Goro Dachi coonects this new cycle to a lot more then just more solar power if interested read his blog on www.goroadachi.com...

I would love to hear your thoughts about this new cycle.

Nando out!

[edit: title - All Caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Here is a nice picture.

From SOHO, a UV-wavelength image of the sun and a map showing positive (white) and negative (black) magnetic polarities. The new high-latitude active region is magnetically reversed, marking it as a harbinger of a new solar cycle. Credit: NASA

Nando out!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I am going outdoors to enjoy the sun here in Valencia were its unusual hot for this time of year 25 degrees celcius!

Definately something changed from last week temps compared to todays.
Global cooling my A*S

Nando out!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi PPLwakeUP,

Just in case you was not aware, there is already an ongoing thread here that is covering the SOLAR CYCLE 24 event.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
pplwakeup, I think you had a very positive OP. That said thanks for the link here to Damajikninjas thread it is really informative. I found your's first while looking at the ats google search bar. Hope to see you over there!

sty

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
new sunspot with reversed polarity emerged as shown on www.spaceweather.com of 11/jan/08 .

this sunspot is a mistery ! take a look - the sunspot that indicate the start of a new solar-cycle. What is wrong with this ? well , the sunspots like this should appear at 30 degress north or south , but this one is right on the ecuator. Aslo , it seems to be too much solar activity for the beginning of a cycle.. something IS wrong . Indeed , cycle 24 will be very unussual. I do not know if the planet X is the cause, or maybe this is a natural super-cycle, but I know it is going to be big. Good for the governments to claim more global-warming tax !

[edit on 11-1-2008 by sty]

top topics

join