It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to brief George Bush on options for Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

IRAN WWIII coming soon .

www.timesonline.co.uk

ISRAELI security officials are to brief President George W Bush on their latest intelligence about Iran’s nuclear programme - and how it could be destroyed - when he begins a tour of the Middle East in Jerusalem this week.

Ehud Barak, the defence minister, is said to want to convince him that an Israeli military strike against uranium enrichment facilities in Iran would be feasible if diplomatic efforts failed to halt nuclear operations. A range of military options has been prepared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed title and added sourced material

[edit on 1/6/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Look like Israel has george bush eating out of its hand. George Bush even said he will defend Israel if Iran attacks .

www.haaretz.com...

Israel has some Evil plans in the works and George is following them around like a lost puppy dog wagging his tail.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Considering Iran has no nuclear program to strike at, I think the Israelis have a pretty poor argument and the "brief" will be little more than them presenting a list of targets they want taken out.

WWIII? NO thanks, a world war is a total war.

Thanks for posting, and flagged, bit brief snippet though.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
To be fair, it's not just GWB pandering to Israeli wishes and eating out of their hands. Nearly all the US presidential frontrunners and current politicians (congress) receive Israeli money for influence and you only have to look at the way they ALL pander to the Israeli / Jewish lobby putting Israel first.
Public criticism of Israel by any politician usually is enough to end their political career

The Israelis know that GWB (and whoever likely occupies the WH after he is gone) has pledged to assist Israel militarily if attacked, even if it's Israel that launches any aggressive acts against another state. Quite how that benefits the American people is beyond me but it's only right and proper that dumb gentiles should die to protect Israel and many of it's rather bigoted occupants from their own actions - apparently!

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Britguy]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
mmm, interesting post. I am a gentile, and I for one support Isreali people. The Government of Isreal I tend to flip flop on. Some things I like, others I don't. You have to keep in mind though, that Isreal is the only true democracy in the middle east. The US will always protect it because of that.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nothing like a good, shock title to grab people's attention.

I followed the links given by the OP and found no mention of a WWIII.

What I did find was;

www.haaretz.com

An Iranian attack on Israel isn't imminent, but the U.S. would defend its ally in such an event, United States President George Bush told Channel 2 television just days before he begins a Mideast visit.

Would not the US also defend any of its other allies if asked?

TimesOnline

Israel to brief George Bush on options for Iran strike.

Israeli security officials believe the only way to prevent uranium enrichment to military grade is to destroy Iranian installations. Many Israelis are eager to know whether America would give their country the green light to attack, as it did last September when Israel struck a mysterious nuclear site in Syria.

Bush refused to be drawn when asked whether he would support an Israeli attack. “My message to all countries in the region is that we are able to solve the problem in a diplomatic way,” he said, “but all options are on the table.”

So the news item is one about options on how to resolve Iran's alleged Uranium enrichment programme.

I'm sorry, but the thread heading is not consistent to these news items.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Looks like Israel has George Bush eating out of its hand. George Bush even said he will defend Israel if Iran attacks.

Once upon a time
I was an ardent supporter of the State of Israel. See Note 1. I now believe the momentum for a just and peaceful accommodation between Arabs and Israel underwent a sea change after the 1967 Six Days War. That was 40 years ago. Two generations in the prolific Middle East. We can argue over WHEN but there is near unanimity of opinion that the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin on November 4, 1995 shut down the pro-peace Israeli LEFT. That ended any prospects for a genuine peaceful fair resolution of the Arab Israeli issue. All that remains is a straight-forward power struggle who will occupy all of the old Palestine Mandate.

Rabin was the last of Israel’s politicians who had fought in the 1948 War of Independence - the Israeli name - and thereby had a built-in authority that no other politician now has. After his death hard liner no quarter given Ariel Sharon become prime minister. See Note 2. On January 6, 2006, Sharon suffered a stroke that has rendered him unconscious. He is not expected to ever come out of the coma he has been in since the ‘06 brain hemorrhage.

Sharon and his successor Ehud Olmert are both right wing hard-liners who have no intention of accommodating the Palestinians. In fact, I have described their policies as blatant ethnic cleansing of the West Bank. Bush43 may or may not be influenced by the Evangelical fundamentalist belief that the Jews must be “called home” to Israel BEFORE the Rapture, and that will be followed by the Battle of Armageddon and then will come the triumphant RETURN of Jesus Christ. Under this ignoramus theology anyone helping the Jews will be rewarded and any one hindering the Jews will be punished.

Back to the real world. It is said that Israel has no fewer than 50 and likely no more than 300 nuclear weapons. Nukes are expensive to maintain. It seems most likely the Israelis got the required fissionable material from France which in turn got it from the US. Regardless, the Israeli citizen who blew the whistle 35 years ago is still in an Israeli prison. So much for Old Testament mercy. It is reliably reported that in 1973, the Israeli prime minister warned Egypt that should Israel be overrun by Egypt, the Israeli’s last and final act would be to “blow the Aswan High Dam.” The ensuring rush of waters would probably drown 25 to 50 million Egyptians and wreak havoc all along the Nile River to its exit into the Mediterranean Sea at Alexandria.

Let me close this overlong discourse with two observations. The first is that the Jewish occupation of the Temple Mount which is the Number 3 Holy Site in Islam will continue to be an open sore and an endless source of Muslim recruits from around the world until it is restored to the Arabs. The Dome of the Rock and the al Aqsa Mosque are on the Mount. “Temple” is the Jewish name referring to Solomon’s Temple. This seemingly simple move is complicated by the fact the Mount is supported on one side by the West Wall or Wailing Wall, the Most Holy Site in Judaism. The apparent archeological fact that there never was a Solomon’s Temple is of no import to the faithful Jewish persons.

My second observation is this: The best possible solution would be to offer the Arabs the 2 ancient provinces, Galilee and Samaria, known today as the West Bank. In toto. Sans all Jewish persons. Throw in East Jerusalem. Add to this the one place nobody wants, the Gaza Strip. A grade separated connecting road should be provided so the Israelis cannot continue to harass the Arabs. Obviously, the Palestinian state must remain unarmed other than what Is usual for police.

Only the United States can enforce a solution on Israel. No other country gives a dam and none would go to war over this arid place known best for “growing” rocks. The US would have to furnish 10,000 men to guard the new borders for perhaps 10 years. The US would have to give $6 b. a year to each country to develop their economies, for at least 5 years. Then there could be peace in the Middle East, Osama bin Laden could go back to Arabia, we could settle in on repairing our own infrastructure and cancel this stupid WoT.

Note 1.
Like a lot of young people in 1948, I cheered when Truman and Eleanor Roosevelt rammed through the UN General Assembly the creation of the state of Israel. At last the Jewish people would have a homeland where they could be safe from Christian persecution. Although Jews and Arabs have no irresistible love for each other, they have gotten along much better than have Jews and Christians. In fact, the longest and best time Jews had anywhere outside of old Judea was in Moorish Spain, from 711 AD to 1492 AD. When the last Muslim Moor was expelled from Spain, the Most Catholic King immediately instituted a Jewish pogrom which ended with forced conversions to Catholicism or death for Jews. Christians of all stripes have contributed mightily to Hitler’s Nazi Holocaust by labeling Jews as “Christ Killers” for 1,000 years.

Repentant and sorrowful Christians GAVE half of Palestine to the Jewish survivors of World War 2, but failed to ASK the Arab inhabitants if they had any objections. And here we are today. We have never asked the Arabs.

Note 2.
During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Rabin directed Israeli operations in Jerusalem and fought the Egyptian army in the Negev. In 1949, he helped draft an armistice agreement with the Arab countries that was signed on the island of Rhodes. In 1964 he was appointed Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Under his command, the IDF achieved victory over Egypt, Syria and Jordan in the Six-Day War in 1967. In 1992 Rabin was elected as chairman of the Israeli Labor Party. Rabin played a leading role in the Oslo Accords which created the Palestinian Authority and granted it partial control over parts of the Gaza Strip and West Bank.

Prior to signing the Accords, Rabin received a letter from PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat renouncing violence and officially recognizing Israel, and on the same day, September 9, 1993, Rabin sent Arafat a letter officially recognizing the PLO. Rabin also oversaw the signing of the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace (1994). End of notes.

[edit on 1/6/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We're at WWIII already.

When there was WWII, after it was over, the media officially declared it as WWII.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The main advantage our real adversaries have is they are ahead of the curve when it comes to exploiting the logistical ability of a religion.

/ayjyf

The corporate democratic unionist of america and Europe are trying to tap into the Catholic and christian religion but it is as least ten years behind the emerging Arab corporate theocratic Monarchy the real force pushing the east and west toward oblivion.

Without the ability to manipulate the network support of a global religion when the nukes go off and our technology that we depend on for survival becomes a cement block around our necks we will loose miserably and the first truly functional global state will emerge as our new boss same as the old boss.

Check mate in the words of Jesus it is finished.

If I am correct someone on the world stage is going to have to make a move toward some diplomatic solution really they are no different than the warmongers it is just a move to promote themselves based on ego.

My selection for the peace maker of false hope is the french president Sarkozy but there are a couple other possibilities that might see the situation as an opportunity for self promotion.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Israel have a first use policy and please read `the samson option` - germany is a target for israelie nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Did you notice on the tv today, when Pres. Bush spoke with PM Ohmert in Jerusalem - we used to refuse to go to Jerusalem - both speakers stands bore the Seal of Israel, whereas when Pres. Bush went to Ramallah to speak with Pres. Abas that the President's speakers stand bore the Great Seal of the United States as is the universal custom?

Israelis Yes, Palestinians No.

Peace? On whose terms. No way Josea.

[edit on 1/10/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would never underestimate the Likhudniks' willingness to defend Israel to the last American soldier

Make no mistake, Israel is "briefing" us because they want us to do the job for them. And scarier still, there are plenty of people here, especially in the current administration, that think it's a great idea.

The Israeli's are desperately in need of a reality check.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

thanks for that historical outline donwhite...

but the thread is 'Israel to brief George Bush on....'
(a major influence on the peoples of 'Israel' is the NGO which is still in
formulation.... known as the 'Sanhedrin', a group of Jewish personalities
who can sway the temperament of the religious elements within the
nation/erstaz Israel community with their ""Authority""...
and the Rabbi leader of this NGO Sanhedrin composed this affadavit
as a proclaimation to GWBush =aka the leader of the part of the world
known biblically as 'The Prince of Mesesch and Tubal'...

it seems the Jewish Sanhedrin views America & the 'west' as part of the Gog-Magog Empire............... fine state of affairs, huh?

imo, the fact that the re-established [ethical law making body] called the Sanhedrin officially presented to the world (and media) a document
known as the "Bush Scroll"
see the 'html' link on the 10 January update link on the www.stevequayle.com...
menu of information... (hey i'm not a troll butt...)

oops -
the paragraphs got mixed up, one before the other--ya'll figure it out

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So the Bush43 War in Iraq has come down to this. I learned today we are paying the young Sunni men $300 a month not to kill or maim an American. Each month you don’t do that - kill or inure one of us - we give you $300. (That’s 3X the average wage of an unskilled Iraqi). With 50% unemployment in Iraq, it’s no surprise we are getting takers.

I wonder how much we are paying the Sunni LEADERS to let their young men take our $300 a month stipend? $10,000 a month? More? Much more? Well, war has finally come down to who has the deep pockets more than who has the better SURGE plan. Yes Mr Gates this is better than Herr Oberfuhrer Rumsfeld ever did.

top topics

join