It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TO ALL SKEPTICS: READ IT AND WEAP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have read thread after thread of supposedly "scientific" types categorically disposing of ESP because....? Because they can't get their in-the-box thinking to wrap around the truth it seems. So for all you skeptics, read this and weep. For it seems some scientific types, like Professor Josephson who won the Nobel Prize for physics in 1973 (and where are all your Nobel Prizes being displayed?) for proving that some materials could act as switches operating close to the speed of light, and could revolutionise computing and power transmission. He has said that he deliberately used his booklet to redress a serious imbalance in reporting paranormal research work. �I think journals like Nature and Science are censoring such research,� he said. �There is a lot of evidence to support the existence of telepathy, for example, but papers on the subject are being rejected - quite unfairly.�

Here is the link:

arxiv.org...
-NEMISIS

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ahh, but then without a sense of skepticism, you will believe anything. You need to find the happy medium, where you can be convinced, but not just pushed over. I'll always question people. If they have enough evidence to convince me, I'm convinced.

It's all part of the scientific process. You have to go into it with no feelings one way or the other to find the true result. You can't want to believe, and you can't not want to believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not going to read anything until you learn to spell weep.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good find, though i agree with jake. You still have to maintain some level of skepticism when dealing with paranormal activity. So many people are out to get famous/make money from faking or deceiving - and some are just plain looneys :-)

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow, I feel this is directed straight at me.

Anyways, science is a ever evolving structure and ESP along with many other issues about humans is certainly not known and most likely will not be. The point is to have a theory that can be proven consistently and no one has been able to find a theory on ESP that can be proven this way. Sure some things will happen now and then, but without it being repeated numerous times with the same results the Skeptic will win all of these battles because quite frankly the issue cannot be proven. One it is proven then many skeptics including myself would have no problem leaning to the side that believes more deeply in such issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
LOL sorry *WEEP* I tend to get excited when an interesting topic comes along.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Read it and weep? So some scientist won a noble prize for this and I'm suppose to cry? Tisk Tisk Some People
. Also George Bush + Tony Blair have been put forward for the nobel peace prize so basically enough said.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I read... I didn't weep...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
You still have to maintain some level of skepticism when dealing with paranormal activity. So many people are out to get famous/make money from faking or deceiving

I would also suggest it's necessary to maintain some skepticism about professional skeptics, since the people they work for stand to lose a helluva lot more money than the believers.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
plus its an abstract, it really doesnt prove anything in itself, but it is very interesting, similar to theories myself and my team have been working with

top topics

join