It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice...please help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have been trying to deal with this predicament for a few weeks now. I am very concerned as to what will happen when the NWO takes effect and things start to go from bad to worse. The problem I am having is explaining to my wife what my concerns are. She is open to hearing me out, but she just can't grasp the extreme possibilities that may lie ahead. I try telling her of the preparations I want to make but I do not feel she is completely understanding what I am trying to get through to her. I am looking for some advice on ways that may help her understand what may lie ahead and how we can be ready for it. I am also concerned about the rest of my family as they seem so oblivious as to what our current global situation is. How can I let my loved ones know that I want them to at least be ready for the worst even if absolutely nothing happens at all?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

I have the same trouble. I tried telling my family, but they just dont seem to care.

There like "that is stupid, nothing like that is going to happen". I cant even get through to them anymore. Everytime i try and mention it, they just cut me off.

At least your wife hears you out. My familiy dont give a rats @rs$.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I understand exactly where you're coming from. I have the same problem. All I did was tell them that they might think I'm mad but I just wanted to let them know what was on my mind and what I think may be on the cards.

At the end of the day, they love you and know you're not a complete lunatic so tell them what you think. My loved ones don't quite grasp the extent of what is coming but at least they have SOME awareness. This will help.

I now get mocked by my other half's little borther about it (not just NWO, but UFO disclosure) but remind him - remember who warned you.

Don't be too intense and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck to you , bro.

edited for creating new compound words

[edit on 5-1-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This seems like a good forum to post my thoughts on it, i agree with you it is hard to convince family/friends what is about to happen it seems inevitable now that it is going to happen, just how do you tell someone that this is going to happen?
I jus hope that my children dont see this happen in their lifetime, but if they do i hope they have enough fight in them to stand up and be counted and fight for their beliefes, and hope that humanity rises againts the NWO.

Keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Make your own preperations. When the poop flies they'll come running to you for bottled water and bullets.

Or they'll be lost in the tide of ignorance and play the role of slow-boiled frog right up to the end.

Kinda reminds me of the US Civil War really. Family vs. family.

And keep in mind, you can't save everyone.

[edit on 1/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

That's certainly one way of thinking. But would you really want your loved ones to bricking it and come running to you or be prepared and kinda expect it, knowing what to do for the best?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Id sooner my loved ones come out fighting, i know sure as hell that i will be, but this nwo, do we know who the so called "leader will be" i have read stories that people believe that satan may be the puppet master, but iam unsure who the puppets are.

Keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I feel your frustration, palehorse23. Unfortunately, you can't make anyone understand and/or believe anything they aren't ready to. So, I would suggest you make preparations the best you can and leave the rest in God's hands.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What do you suggest we do? do you have any tips on what we can do to prepare for this?

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Eh just approach it from a "If this happens we will do this...." approach. My fiancee already knows that if the proverbial crap hits the fan what she will do. Although she probly thinks I am a little looney.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
lol i think it helps to be a little looney, my father has the belief in the NWO will eventually be here so thats one less person to convince..my girlfriend would probably believe me after a few drinks and all my friends think im the typical "fox mulder" of the group the ufo and conspiracy hunter, personally i think its scary that people arnt aware of the world that surrounds them, its either that or they are jus to afraid to believe in what is right infront of them, still i think thats why they have people like us, to try and help people who dont understand to finally understand whats going on, the saying goes " you can take the horse to water but you cant teach it to drink" i think this is true when trying to explain to people what you think, i guess all we can do is be prepared and hope for the best.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I guess im lucky where this is concerned, ive sat with my wife and explained what my fears where and although she is not convinced by a lot of it she does realise there is a problem and she understands that the future could be taken out of our hands unless we act ourselves,

we have gathered together camping equipment as much as we can while thinking of practicalities and need, we have spares and extras obviously for backup, we have discussed options and places to go ETC. and when this would be wise to do so depending on current events,

First option is to bug out of the cities and head hopefully where not a lot of others are going, our oldest daughter is aware of what is around us without being terrified we just explained that if we got afraid for ourselves we would pack up and go. ( not tellin where
).

and these plans are for my immediate family only myself , wife, kids, sadly it boils down to every man for himself and i cant afford to worry about other family members who would want to bring the dishwasher and the budgie.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
unfortunatly where i live their isnt much in the way of places to escaping to i live near the centre of liverpool with nothing but water surrounding us, so i guess your right it does boil down to everyman for himself.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I make plans based on their level of interest. If they wanna think I'm a nut, so be it, too bad for them they weren't listening when I told them where I was running to and what I was going to do. Sure I'll feel bad, but what else can I do really?

If I had the means, I would stockpile and such. Probably enough to equip and supply a platoon I would say. Wether it was family or just like minds, 40-50 individuals can be a formidable force against both man and nature.

I don't have the means to do this now though, and I don't really worry about it either. The best thing to do is get yourself a good survival book. Everything else can be procured when the time comes.

The most important thing to do is set up a rallying point for family in case communications go down and everyone leaves on their own in a big hurry. There should be multiple locations actually. Different places for different emergencies, and alternates in case one or more places become unsafe before the followers meet up.

EDIT to add:

And you can set up these rally points without sounding like a nut. Just call is disaster preparedness. There are even government sites you could show them. Legit plans for being prepared.

[edit on 1/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkepticSway
unfortunatly where i live their isnt much in the way of places to escaping to i live near the centre of liverpool with nothing but water surrounding us, so i guess your right it does boil down to everyman for himself.

keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

You could always look into underground shelter...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
that is very true, theirs alot of underground train stations around this place that i never really thought of until now, cheers for the tip

Keeping The faith
TheSkepticSway

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSkepticSway

One sentence of advice for you my friend. Buy a boat. =)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The "NWO" doesn't take effect until the antichrist rises to power. The Antichrist rises to power from the muslim people and marks "the united states" as "the great satan", you've got to enjoy the irony there.

Thus, the USA is near automaticlly made an enemy of the NWO.

Any american's with fears of NWO are fearful about nothing. Americans should be more conserned with the rise in attacks on us from outside the "NWO" rather then fearing their rightous governmentship.

Because it is that which is the reality.

Ready or not, here comes 2012.
get ready...
or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I really don't worry about the NWO, but I do warn family about it, just so they know about it. I trust in Jesus and God and The Holy Spirit. I don't really think I have been promised a life free of strife and trouble. But I have been promised a life everlasting. In this I put my faith. I will react as needs be when the NWO, antichrist, or whatever comes around. Will turn the other cheek? I don't know, just like I didn't know how I would react when I went to a war. But I rest assured that in Christ I have been forgiven for my sins even before I perform them.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't bother talking to my family about it. They would nod, etc. but not really listen. Or call me a radical terrorist. (Seriously)

I live near the moors though. Not much cover, so it'll be death by Helicopter for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join