Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What is love?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

As for Amuk, I believe that he was talking about ownership in that it became his resposibility to take care of her, when life interfered.

You were right life interfered I had to go for a little bit.

But what I was talking about was not just about women but your kids, your car, whatever Love is the wanting of someone or something and this is only bad if you are a nut.

Wishing to "have" someone, to care for them, to see the happy, to grow old with them is good.

Wishing to chain someone up in the basement against there will and keep the as your love slave or whatever is not.

And as for questforsafety I may be a caveman but at least I am not afraid of being a man. If thinking that a man should be responsable for taking care of and protecting his family makes you sick I am sorry

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I do not possess my wife, but I take it as a reponsabillity to take care of her, as I do my children. A person rapes my wife, he dies. A person hurts my kids, it is dealt with accordingly. The posesion we are talking about is, standing up and not letting outside forces affect your family. I think that this is what Amuk was talking about. I think that you should find a better therapist, this is not a flame, you have issues that are not being met. No shame in therepy, one got me off drugs.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Taking care of one's family is fine, posessing them is different. If you feel taking care of your family is controlling every aspect of their life, and dominating over them, then that is wrong. Believing you posess or own them is also wrong, like a piece of property. I am sure you hope that if you become an invalid your wife will not think she owns you, since she is the one protecting you then.

"Oh hello, yes come over we can have some tea, just let me put my husband away in the closet, and maybe you can help me feed it as well." When you look at it from how those you think to 'posess' may see it, the situation may seem different.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i think love is magic that cant be explained.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I do not possess my wife, but I take it as a reponsabillity to take care of her, as I do my children. A person rapes my wife, he dies. A person hurts my kids, it is dealt with accordingly. The posesion we are talking about is, standing up and not letting outside forces affect your family. I think that this is what Amuk was talking about.

Thanks I couldnt have said it better.

Yall have to overlook me a little I got two absessed teeth and am taking lorecets so some of my posts might not be clear

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i think love is magic that cant be explained

so innocent....

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Quest, I can't wait for you to be old enough to be able to understand English. The male of the species, in nature, takes on a female, or family, he does not own them, they own him. It's his responsibility to take care of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just went through a failed relationship. I blame it on that darn women!

Men complain they dont understand them, Women complain men dont understand them!

Freinds with benefits! Go with that!

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That is rather innocent is it not?

Well, you should not make up lies about people, such as that they need a better therapist, simply because they have a new view that you do not understand.

The way Amuk first explained his thoughts seemed to indicate the Bad posession, which I clearly explained. Were he to explain more fully such as you did, perhaps I would not have been angry.

Now, I do not need to see a therapist just because I stand for equality. The way Amuk says things though, just irks me sometimes, as if he thinks he has the right to posess women. However, perhaps I was wrong about him, since he agrees with what you said. If he meant posession as protecting only, then that is appropriate, as long as one does not get too swelled of a head. As in, protection is a loose term, so seeing the words he used I imagined protection being things like taking food away from a person so they do not get fat, which is just controlling them, when they have the right to make their own decisions.

Now, perhaps you need to wipe a bit of wool from your eyes yourself, before accusing me of being unable to understand English. We are advanced, and Not savages for a reason, as in we do not just act as animals do, lest the world be an unfair place. As it once was, not so long ago. Unless you want to go back to those old ways? In that case it is you who should be seeing a therapist in my opinion.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As in, protection is a loose term, so seeing the words he used I imagined protection being things like taking food away from a person so they do not get fat, which is just controlling them, when they have the right to make their own decisions.

Wasnt you the one that said a guilty person would read something bad into something innocent? I think you just told on yourself

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I do not possess my wife, but I take it as a reponsabillity to take care of her, as I do my children. A person rapes my wife, he dies. A person hurts my kids, it is dealt with accordingly. The posesion we are talking about is, standing up and not letting outside forces affect your family. I think that this is what Amuk was talking about. I think that you should find a better therapist, this is not a flame, you have issues that are not being met. No shame in therepy, one got me off drugs.

Someone rapes your wife he dies? What a primal, thought-free, instinctive, hormone-induced defensive reaction!

What if someone rapes your neighbor's wife, and your neighbor won't kill him. Will you?
What if someone rapes his own wife on a street corner outside your house, will you kill him too?

If you say no to any of the above, what makes YOUR wife special?

Now think about it... it's your attachment! Your service-to-self idea that "She is mine" and overprotective posession. You will violate the free will of anyone who takes that "posession" away from you.

You do not possess the other people, nor are you attached, so you will probably just report it to the police without reacting too badly.

If you said yes to those 2 questions, then I must ask, what gives you the right to violate the free will of someone and take their life? I understand they "raped" someone and it's against the free will of the woman, but what do YOU have to do with it?

In fact, would you kill someone AFTER they raped your wife? I mean, she would already be raped, it's over, so now it's simply revenge? Do you indeed understand the psychological working of revenge?

It all comes down to free will. Millions of people die every day, get raped, get sick, abused, jailed for no reason, etc... does that get you mad and make you want to kill every single person who harms someone in this way? If you say no, then you could re-evaluate your stance of "posession" and "attachment" towards your wife/kids as your property. Revenge is more of an instinct, out of hate/anger that you cannot rationally explain. It's a huge emotion that controls your mind, because it is weak and you submit to such emotions.

Otherwise you wouldn't say you'd kill someone for any reason, at all. If you ever do, you are necessarily service to self and are very much controlled and weak-minded.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I never said exactly that, however the meaning was somewhat simillar. Now, analyzing an unclear statement as best you can is different, from jumping to a conclusion about what you would imagine doing in a situation. I clearly did not do this.

Yet I may have been to harsh on you, if only for a moment.

Oh, Lilblam, you are a golden light in a dark sky to me, perhaps I should look into your religion, for you seem to have a certain wisdom about you. Though you may apply it somewhat brashly, to people who you have seen are very defensive and harsh to react.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Someone rapes your wife he dies? What a primal, thought-free, instinctive, hormone-induced defensive reaction!

What if someone rapes your neighbor's wife, and your neighbor won't kill him. Will you?
What if someone rapes his own wife on a street corner outside your house, will you kill him too?

What makes her so special is the fact that " she is his wife" !.

This is not obssesive, agressive, primal.

What If I were to rape your wife? How would you react?

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Because she is my wife. and if you and your little invisible playmates dont like my reaction to an assult on her.......... tuff #

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lilblam, interesting points. There are more than one thread on this. On the other I deal with politics, on this one I deal with the way things are. It is not my job to take care of a neighbor, it's his. I am not talking about society here, I'm talking about my family, which includes 2 girls under 10. Anyone fu(ks with my family, Pray.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How wrong you are ZeroDeep. It is undisputably agressive. This primal act of revenge killing serves no purpose, except to reinforce the fact that you are angry someone has used what you believe to be your personal property.

If one truly cared for their wife or family, they would COMFORT her after being raped, not skulk around looking for bloody murder. This is the actions of a Savage, who cares nothing for their wife, they are only angry their personal property has been used.

Not one of you thought to comfort your wife after she was raped. How savage and cruel, definately something a therapist could work on.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
...Oh, Lilblam, you are a golden light in a dark sky to me, perhaps I should look into your religion, for you seem to have a certain wisdom about you. Though you may apply it somewhat brashly, to people who you have seen are very defensive and harsh to react.

I don't have a religion. I simply understand that emotion clouds rational thought. Acting on an emotional basis often yields a result that one may later regret. For example, killing someone who rapes your wife puts YOU in jail, and leaves your wife alone with your kids if you have any, and actually made things worse. But this is always a personal choice... I simply state that one should think before one acts!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

How savage and cruel, definately something a therapist could work on.

That would be me

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

What makes her so special is the fact that " she is his wife" !.

This is not obssesive, agressive, primal.

What If I were to rape your wife? How would you react?

Deep

I can never have a wife. That means I need to attach myself to someone and tell them "I love you" and lie through my teeth. Love is knowledge. So I would have to say "I am attached to you, and you give me physical, psychological, and emotional pleasure. Let's have the government make it official.". Then I'd have to submit myself to a form of control, as she would expect me to have certain "responsibilities" to HER, when there is no such thing. Wife is a 3rd density ignorant human concept, no wonder many civilizations and societies never adopted this idea...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It truly is sad that you are so savage and cruel that you would not even think about comforting your wife, as the first thought, but instead to kill the one who touched her. Definately posession brewing here, the bad kind. It may be time to stop, and take a look at yourself. Enough fun and games about being what you think is a man, try to have compassion once in awhile if you truly love your family in any way.

Oh, Lilblam, I meant your organization of Cassiopaeans. I merely expressed it as religion, though I am pleased to hear it is not known as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join