It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY Higher Self = OUR Higher Self = Collective Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I am glad you had such a powerful meditation.

Its quite amazing where you can go in other states of mind...You can literally travel across the universe and beyond.

The 'collective' involves every piece of consciousness, not just humans remember...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

The 'collective' involves every piece of consciousness, not just humans remember...

Yes, I agree with you. If someone would to say the collective consciousness of the universe is just humans, that person would be incredibly ignorant.

I get tired of hearing about human spirits (of course I hear about them, I live on planet Earth), but I want to know more and how many more intelligent beings there are. There must be thousands, millions, of types of souls out there in the seemingly empty (but full) universe.

Just remember, there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. (Now that's mind-boggling
)

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow what a great experience! I have been stuck lately.. as a child OBE's were quite frequent and I didn't have to even try.. I would become lucid in my dreams very often and take it from there.

I know I'm doing the right things when I attempt an astral projection because I get all the tell tale signs and sensory experiences, but it becomes so intense I feel like I'm about to be shot out of a cannon into the darkness of space, thus my heart rate jumps and I have to re-focus. Its really quite annoying! I am so excited to achieve the OBE that I can't seem to just "let it happen" like people say. For anyone else trying, I can say the best method is to set an alarm for roughly an hour or two ahead of when you lay down and go to sleep. When you awake, shut off the alarm slowly and begin your meditation. It saves you a lot of time as far as relaxation and focus goes. Good luck to all, good post!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
reply to post by MystikMushroom

If I was a moderator or administer for ATS, I would of given you an applause for your post.

But since I'm not a mod., I just gave you what I could, a star.

And I also agree with what you have to say, even though I've never had those types of experience in my life.

I chose to quote your reply, instead of just "reply" to it--because I feel in shorter posts it gives a better sense of "context".

I am humbled and appreciated by your enthusiasm for my experience.

I rarely share verbally with people of whom I do not know my experience. For one, I don't want them to think i'm insane--and two--I understand that we each are all different levels of awareness (this is not without design!).

Some us are meant to understand the larger picture (think Jesus, the Dali Lamma if you will)...and others, simply here to experience living in a trailer.

The "one-ness" (as I have coined it) wants to experience it ALL! I mean, if you had the power to be anyone/thing/anytime...what would you do?! You'd choose to be every possible infinite permutation!

And that is just what each one of us is...just a "shard" of that one universal mind...You've already been that rock over there before, and will be again someday...and you've already been that guy over there...

Does any of this make any sense to anyone besides myself here?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

While I do agree consciousness wants to be everything, it ever seeks 'perfection' or higher evolved forms.

I think everyone who has reached a 'higher' level of consciousness at some point resided on a much lower plane. However, that does not mean we will go back down to that level. I think we ever reach towards bigger and better things, and when everything is said and done...Poof, we start all over again, yet maybe with a different set of rules.

By the way, you made perfect sense! You're not insane, or some of us posting in paranormal forum are #ing nuts and should be locked up for a long long time

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Let me make an additional point:

The paradox that the universe has no "beginning or end" in the mind of a human is really impossible to comprehend.

Do you think a red blood cell in your hand right now understands that it will be recycled back into new blood cells after it dies? Do you think the atoms that make up your chair know that they are part of something called a "chair"?

I think that everything, every object stems from the collective "one-consciouses"--however, not all thought-forms are "self-aware". I doubt my cup is aware that it is a "cup"--but it was formed via the same "one-ness" that I am.

We really just understand but a bit of what we are given. Man, what a wonderful existence!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you follow my line of thinking, then you will see that even the imagination, dreams and "hallucinations" are just as real as what we perceive day to day.

This is due in part to the fact that all potentials are real. Somewhere, someplace--I have green skin and funky Elvis glasses. See, I just used my imagination to "dream up" a situation. . .

So perhaps we ought to take our daydreams and dreams with more weight--thank ourselves and our surroundings for providing us with such a rich and beautiful opportunity!

We're all connected--just connect the "dots"!

[edit on 9-1-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Let me make an additional point:

The paradox that the universe has no "beginning or end" in the mind of a human is really impossible to comprehend.

I think the reason for this is because we as humans use "memory" -- AKA a sequence of linear events to track "progress" that seem to all start at a certain *point*....

Who remembers being in the womb? Not I currently..."reality" for me began at about age 2 or so.

We are brought into reality with a definite "beginning" (the formation of "memories") and we end it with death...the converse as birth.

So to entertain an existence that never was "started" or will ever "end" is so alien to us we thrust it from our minds as "impossible".

Well, it's not only possible I tell you-- but quantum physics seems to be making this a reality!

[edit on 9-1-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

While I do agree consciousness wants to be everything, it ever seeks 'perfection' or higher evolved forms.

I think everyone who has reached a 'higher' level of consciousness at some point resided on a much lower plane. However, that does not mean we will go back down to that level. I think we ever reach towards bigger and better things, and when everything is said and done...Poof, we start all over again, yet maybe with a different set of rules.

By the way, you made perfect sense! You're not insane, or some of us posting in paranormal forum are #ing nuts and should be locked up for a long long time

I agree with you!

I feel that there is some "inherent" want withing the collective "one-ness" to somehow "discover itself" over the eons and millennia of pure "human awareness".

This is why we have great figures in history like Jesus, Ghandi, H.H. The Dali Lamma.

I do not in any way feel that any adulterants (chemicals/drugs) *ever* need to be used to connect with the higher self.

Notice I call it "THE higher self". LOL

I wanted to make that clear, because my name does include a plant that could be considered by skeptics as being an influence for my beliefs.

Currently, I use brainwave manipulation via "Brainwave Generator" software--as well as Crystals and Stones to achieve states of pure-white bliss.

It helps re-assert to myself that "death" is nothing at ALL to fear. It's just the end to a "game level" (to help those that play tons of video games)...

The "essence" of yourself still carries on...marinates, co-joins and becomes more in the "soup" of all-that-is....(once you are in that state of all-existing-as-one!)

Man I really need to stop before I get booed off this topic. My bad, I just feel that I was meant by something to post what I just did at this time.

Forgive my lengthy diatribe.

Go Carefully.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Lately I have almost avoided meditating because I find myself 'slipping' into higher thought even in my normal waking state of consciousness. I know that something has happened on the earth, I've heard that the 'crown chakra' for the entire planet has been opened and we are all free now to start raising our vibration and seeing behind the veil. There is some kind of universal will calling us to turn into our minds and plug in to the same place... maybe I need to stop procrastination and pick up on my daily meditations. Maybe I will finally be able to astral project... I just feel that things have loosened up.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You have a lot of good things to say or just interesting IMO.

We are multi-dimensional beings, but experiencing a 3-D reality right now. We can go into the astral once we die (born in the physical is death in the spiritual, as death in the physical is being born in the astral). We reincarnate and learn life lessons on the way, but some lives are wasted and we have to be born again and again and we choose who we are going to be in the physical.

I believe that your personality/emotions/thoughts (non-physical or soul) stay with you with each incarnation and you look similar to your last physical vessel (body, but primarily the face). The soul expresses itself via the facial features (entire face), but that can get hard to understand and I don't expect people to believe me.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I would agree with you--our "spiritual development" via multiple "runs through" a static, event-consequence series of events sticks with "US".

This explains to the old saying that someone is an, "old soul".

I have experienced it myself, actually. I have met a person and instantly "knew" that they had not been in "human form" before. They seemed to be like human infants, dazed and in wonder by the world around them -- and they they looked/were actually 24 year olds.

I have conversely met 24 year-olds who you can just sit in total silence for tens of minutes because they hold such an immense "presence". Each word they say, move they make seems "calculated, thought-out..." --little seems to "surprise" these folk. They seem to be to be "old souls".

[edit on 10-1-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This could describe why people are different when it comes to personality and how they think of things and people and events.

I don't know how much genes play a role in personality, but I've always wondered how someone's past life experience, life between the physical and genes all connect to make a person's emotions and whole personality.

I'm a guy who really thinks about the science of the mysterious and paranormal. There has to be some sort of a observable science there, it's just that we don't know of it yet or it exists at a higher dimension. Trying to prove the astral realm is just about impossible in this physical dimension, because we can't perceive it--just like a 2-D being can't perceive 3-D (see Flatland for more info.).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK. Sorry if I sounded like I was just rambling on in my above post.

I was just trying to state that I wish we could incorporate more science into the paranormal/spiritual (not religious) things.

Hopefully it will become something people will study in school one day, but that date could be a long ways away because we need more proof to make the ignorant skeptics change their mind about the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

'Old' and 'young' souls are everywhere it seems.

A grandparent could be a younger soul than the grandchild.

Like you, I can recognize a fellow old soul instantaneously. There is a much deeper connection between those who have been around for quite some time than the younglings we have running this country.

You would have to try pretty hard to surprise me...Even my younger brother who is 11 years old happens to have an old soul; He is infinitely wise beyond his years.

There was a tv show on National Geographic or Discovery channel a few nights ago about IQ tests. A 14 year old British boy was a musical prodigy, and he described his process as something quite similar to my own: a sort of flow where the music (or idea) comes from inner enlightenment and understanding...If you step into the flow, the process is very easy. However, if you fight it (as much of the world does) and let the ego take over, the process comes to a screeching halt.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hi Thurisaz,

I read your post with a great deal of interest.
I think you are very lucky to experience such unique feelings.

I have a question for you if that is okay,
I notice you said you were 'careful not to' allow yourself to have an oobe
and how you experienced the next level, the spirit level.

I was wondering what do you believe the astral realm to be considering you
also experienced the higher levels through your meditation?

Is the astral world just another level?

Considering you mentioned chakras and energy and so on, do you perceive
an oobe to be a journey into the spirit world or is it just another level
which is that bit harder to achieve/access?

Thanks.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Do you consider yourself psychic or just have a higher level of understanding of souls/people?

IMHO, I would just consider yourself intuitive and understanding.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
I have a question for you if that is okay

Of course it is!

Is the astral world just another level?

Yes, I believe it to be another level from things I have seen. I asked a question to the Spirit "Why can't I chat on the first level = astral"

Spirit didn't answer but I immediately saw myself back there with the Spirit and there was too much interference and it is not pure like in the HS Realm. That is what I saw but never 100% absolute about anything as I may meditate and see something else that gives me some more insight into it. So process of evolution or knowingness

Considering you mentioned chakras and energy and so on, do you perceive an oobe to be a journey into the spirit world or is it just another level which is that bit harder to achieve/access?

Oh well, this is something that I am not certain of. I have out of bodied and the first time I came back I felt exhilarated but had this tremendous feeling of the need for caution. The second time I felt that I could quite easily get lost. Perhaps it means I would get lost in some parameter of my brain? Who knows really. But, I did feel light and in spirit and was conscious of flying about like light. I felt like I could zip off anywhere, like destination was only a thought away sort of thing.

Perhaps the OBE and the astral level is what I am fearful of? I just feel that I do not have complete control while in that state so that is the caution for me. I think the interference I saw, might hold an answer to that.

cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

ALLisONE responded to another thread but brought up a very interesting point so I wanted to add it here.

He mentioned that mass telephatic messages were being sent out... I just wonder if the messages are from the Higher Self place that I saw in meditation? Our own thoughts become telepathic to reach others?

But, with any thought, message, it has to originate at some point, from somewhere, establishing that would be dandy...

The Spirit said to me that the Spirit "was there to do important work" so I feel there must be Spirit influence of the collective consciousness.

Well I feel but don't know for certain

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have come across some great information!

And great meditation techniques and guidance:

Meditation and the Art of Merging

Exploring the Higher Self

The 18th Breath and the Higher Self

top topics

<< 1   >>

join