It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring around the moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Wow, it was on the news.

That's just proof right there that optical illusions such as moon halos are not very well known and can be mistaken for something paranormal or just something very abnormal.

Because one was on the news? Is this Sarcasm? If so please explain.
Hard to understand how someone would be put off because of what I've said.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kthulu

Still, nobody have told me yet: what planet is the yellow planet on the pictures? Maybe the other spots are camera glitches but the yellow planet: is it Mars or Venus? Just curious

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Which do you mean? The big yellow spot that seems to be in different positions in every picture, and is usually accompanied by a big green spot and a big magenta spot (at least in the first two pictures), plus seems to have its own red and green halos?? If you mean that spot, then that is simply camera lens flare. Definitely.

If you mean that pinkish-yellow dot that is in the 10 o'clock position relative to the Moon in the first photo, and is in the 11 o'clock position in the second photo -- then that could very well be Mars or maybe Venus. It's probably Mars, because of its pinkish color in those photos.

It's very hard to tell without any other context; or the direction, time of the night, and location that the photo was taken. The Moon is of little help, since it is in a different part of the sky, relative to the other stars and planets, every night.

[edit on 1/13/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
IMHO, and I dont now much about space, the yellow "planet" whas there, the rest of the coloured dots could be a camera thing.
I do not exactly remember anymore but I know there was a big planet next to the moon.
I have more of the same pics.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

I saw that exact same ring that night. Tried to take photo's of it, but they didn't come out good.

And yes, it is ice crystals.

Btw... Are you also Arubian?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by TheBandit795]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join