It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking retiredafb - The apollo 20 hoax and the STS 107 tapes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hi everyone. First of all happy new year everyone! I'm a believer but I do not support hoaxes in any way before anyone jumps to shout "sketptic". This is actually my first thread in this forum so bear with me for a second please. Many of you remember the Apollo 20 hoax that came up in youtube in 2007 where a supposed mission to the moon was carried out to explore a mile-long UFO. I've been trying to debunk this Apollo 20 hoax for quite a while with help of many people around the internet. So far, many things have been very successful such as debunking the video of "The City" which happened to be a horrendous composition of two Apollo 15 photos stitched with a crappy "city" superimposed and of course, the real identity of retiredafb aka Thierry Speth.
Well, in the las 24hrs retiredafb posted new tapes supposedly secret from the STS-107 flight. I'm afraid this is only in youtube:

www.youtube.com...

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever seen these tapes somewhere else. I'm pretty sure they were/are available from some space exploration-dedicated website and if we can find them we could probably help to debunk the whole hoax. Maybe John Lear could comment on this topic?

I appreciate your help and your time. Thanks a lot guys and keep the good work

Springer: Hats off to you mate, best owner/moderator of the internet!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh, I will have to learn to read! I googled the names of the astronauts which are visible on the tags of the video and found out that they all shared the STS-107 mission... Only then I found out that that's what it says on the video's title!

Anyway there's this NASA site with *lots* of videos of this mission:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Also this, which I think it has better quality (judging from the size of the files, although I can't see them because I don't use RealPlayer):

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

I think that, considering that the Youtube video doesn't have sound, it would be easy to copy/paste parts of all these videos.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Radiobuzz]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am assuming you are talking about these as they both seemed to have been added on January 4 2008.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are a couple of threads about rutledge/retiredafb

Here is one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the search function and by the way the Thierry Speth thing has not been conclusively proven.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
For anyone not aware STS-107 was the tragic Columbia re-entry accident.

STS-107 was a space shuttle mission by NASA using the Space Shuttle Columbia, launched January 16, 2003. The seven-member crew died on February 1, 2003 when the shuttle disintegrated during re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere. The cause of the accident was a piece of foam that broke off during launch and damaged the thermal protection system components (reinforced carbon-carbon panels and thermal protection tiles) on the leading edge of the left wing of the Shuttle orbiter, causing an extensive heat build-up. During re-entry the damaged wing slowly overheated and came apart, eventually leading to loss of control and total disintegration of the vehicle.

Source

Source

Clearly there is nothing secret about the existence of the mission but I am afraid I do not no if the videos were available before sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here is what retiredafb called a ..."spaceship":

From the high resolution original Lunar Orbiter Scans.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by linuxman2k3
Hi everyone. First of all happy new year everyone! I'm a believer but I do not support hoaxes in any way before anyone jumps to shout "sketptic". This is actually my first thread in this forum so bear with me for a second please. Many of you remember the Apollo 20 hoax that came up in youtube in 2007 where a supposed mission to the moon was carried out to explore a mile-long UFO.

The video may be faked but photos of the object are on NASA and NASA related sites.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Careful, you said "object", yet it has not been proved it is actually an object. The high-res photos show surface continuity and it looks more like the effect of shadows the cause. If you check out the supposed videos of the ship close-up you will see it is completely different from the lunar photos.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
interestingly enough, on

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

there are some STS-107 videos in MUCH LESSER quality with FEWER FRAMES+RESOLUTION, and some sequences overlap / 2 cams were used at the SAME TIME (football, girl with paper) for the SAME SCENE

I doubt that NASA transmit this respectively someone saved this for "further purposes"

My 2 cents ...
the videos ARE real
the ship is not
2012 threat is REAL
retiredafb is Gov/Alien/..

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well guys I dont know about William anymore. However I believe he isnt lying about the STS-107 videos. Earlier this year me and William exchanged messages over youtube about footage he has.

He replied to one of my messages with the following:

Sent: June 09, 2007
Subject: Re: apollo 20
hello richard, i will post some russian and american footage this week end. About nasa pictures, most of them are unknown or have been airbrushed, i don't know why but sts 107 footage are also classified, i have some videos unknown from sts 107,onboard films with kalpana chawla, i will post them if i put the hand on it.

Best regards

William Rultledge

I have the original message still on youtube incase you want a screenshot.

/rich

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
man thats crazy ... would be great if you could post a screenshot

so ..

What is really against his story? The Cityfake and the Apollo scans
What is for his story? Everything else ..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So, do you think the Apollo 20 liftoff was faked too?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I just found this information on ATS today. In another thread here a poster mentioned that RetiredAFB was posting his videos on revver.com now instead of YouTube. So of course I went over and watched them and I was of course blown away. The pictures in this thread look like lower res versions of the ones he posted on revver.

You can view all the videos here. I'm no video expert so I don't know what to think, but my gut tells me they're real. I'm not sure about the city, but the ship on the other hand...the detail and reality of one of the videos was blowing my mind. I've been reading all the threads on it I can possibly get my hands on but I've yet to see anyone debunk the videos themselves. There has been much chatter about the credibility of RetiredAFB and Rutledge, but I have yet to see anyone debunk the videos.

Even if they're hoaxes...they are damn good.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Let me start by saying .
i have never seen these video's in my life.
Or every heard of this dude good or bad..

that ship was tight!!!!!!
the city looked like the wizard of oz .emerald city

but still unless i was a total video examiner...i couldnt come close to debunking..

only thing i did notice that made me wonder...

why is there a low res version and a high res version of the ship?

one the video is well nasty........
the other is like a clip of stargate the serie's...
but they both look intresting...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I agree Malynn! Most of the moon shots claiming stuctures etc, I just don't see it, but these are awesome. I haven't found the debunk on the videos either.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

It does look like a city to me in the video, but that video itself to me looks ...not right. There is something weird about it, other than the fact that it's supposed to depict a city on the moon. I can't put my finger on what is wrong with it exactly. The closest I can get to describing how I feel is: it didn't look like reality.

The second video of the ship, however. Now that was WOW!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yknot
So, do you think the Apollo 20 liftoff was faked too?

You mean the really low quality CGI video which some people believe to be real? I don't know, it's only "faked" if there's a group of people who actually believe it's reality.

Oh wait! Shoot.

Yes, it is faked.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The liftoff of the Apollo 20 is a clear fake. He didn't even put much effort into it. The trail looks fine but the ship itself never moves. You'd think it would at least be spinning a little bit, not sitting perfectly still.

The city video is another bad one. Some of the shadows near the city don't match up and when the camera first zooms in, you can clearly tell it's zooming in on a flat, 2D surface. The biggest structure on the left looks very familiar, but I can't think of where I've seen it before. the entire city looks like drawing compared to the rest of the area. Like he layed a drawing over another image to create the effect.

The other one called "APOLLO 20 launch feed stage 1 and interstaging unit separation" is another bad one. Up until the 1:03 mark that ship never shakes once. Earth in the background stayed perfectly still. Every video by NASA showing these stages shows the Earth in the background shaking because the camera on the craft is shaking.

Look at the colors of the sparks and look at what I pointed out with the red arrow. The sparks come from nowhere. Also notice they are very pixeleted compared to the rest of the video. I've never seen multi-colored sparks in the other NASA videos showing these stages.

Here's another one. Watch that part of the video. The piece coming off gets hot then cools pretty quick. He went crazy with the particle system in that part.

It looks like he took one CGI video and added a couple cheap effects to it to create another video.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Being a new member here, it takes a while to catch up. That first spaceship video was pretty good - it had me going. The city does look suspicious. And the launch is just bad... OK - debunked. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This had me going as well for a bit. I tend to believe first and then debunk later because I don't lie and can't see why someone else would.
When retiredafb first hit youtube, I was on it and couldn't find really anything wrong but after time and after broken promises and after proven fakes, this is just a plain ole crapola.
when the newest vid of the stage separation hit the net on revver, I immediately said I thought it was cgi as well for the same reasons Nightmare_David pointed out.

I can't tell you how hard it is for me to not type stuff that wil get me a warning or post banned for several months over this issue.

retiredafb will not "give it up' even after his vids have been %1000 been proven fake. While I can agree to the fact that there might be something on the moon, this guy has by no means given any info whatsoever that hasn't been faked for some reason or other.

----

The sts 107 vids.
this makes me sick.
these people are DEAD.
He posts vids on the net for WHAT reason?
After stating last JUNE that he had tapes that were being processed by "friends" he had given the tapes to, he still hasn't released what he says he has. instead he give a Nibiru tape, a vid of a spaceship that has a spring behind it and STS 107 tapes that don't make any difference whatsoever in ANY grand scheme... he has un-released tapes of dead people floating around..??????????????????
SIGH.
--

If retiredafb reads this thread, GO KILL YOURSELF from lack of ANY humanity.
If for some unknown reason I am wrong, PUT UP or realize you have crossed a line that is unforgivable unless you give it up NOW. Even then for thousands, if not millions of people, it would be too late still.
Humanity already deals with enough than to tolerate a persistent virus that shouldn't be embedded within the skin of society...

b

top topics

<<   2 >>

join