It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of a Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is a picture taken in the High Uintahs. My fellow researcher didn't think we would get a shot, considering it was across the valley. I agreed. Luckily I was able to snap this picture at that far of a distance after setting up a Nikon D-80 with a 500 mm zoom lens. After a quick left the creature was gone. Some say it is a bear walking up a hill on it's hind legs. Hmmm

Notice the length of the arm. And weight, not to mention torso size as compared to waist.
This is an extreme zoom for detail.

Click on picture for full shot

[edit on 5-1-2008 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
wow cool shot! at first when i saw the picture i didn't see anything then i saw this dark figure in the far right my first thought was that it was a gorilla... how did you manage to track it?
good pic

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How about this .. A Brown Bear doing his thing in the trees ??
I can't say that this is fantastic news. Why didn't you take more than one picture ?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Im pretty sure it wasn't a bear. We were doing woodknocks and calls and the person I was with actually saw it first. It didn't look anything like a bear at all in it's actions.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Actually as far as the tracking. We didn't do much. Other campers in the area said they had heard loud wooden crashes, like wood knocks and yelp like screaming the night before. We went on another completely different tip. So there was actually something going on. What exactly it was, I guess I will never know. But whatever I got on camera was definitely large!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have to agree with tep200377 - why didn't you take more pictures? With a series of photos we could at least see that the object was moving.

Frankly, theutahbigfoothunter v the (one) picture you've shown us could be anything - a brown bear, as tep200377 has already mentioned, or even something as simple/uninteresting as a plastic bag stuck in a tree.

I'll agree with you and say that I very much doubt - however much my personal opinion is worth - that what you caught on film is a bear walking uphill on its hind legs. I can't imagine why a bear would do that, and a bear on its hind legs is unsteady enough on level ground, to say nothing about walking uphill. But I don't see any discernible arms (or any other appendages) in the picture you linked to.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by PhloydPhan]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Utah,

Agree. Without series of photos or at least that same spot with no dark image, have to conclude it's a darkened tree stump.

Got any other concurrent images of that area?

Edit: Just took another look and think PhloydPhan might be right on the plastic bag stuck in a tree.

When you play with the gamma correction on that photo the surface of the dark object looks very reflective - in fact just like black plastic garbage bag.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If nothing else, I'd say it's a nice surprise to see a possible Bigfoot picture in which the subject is actually CENTERED! I can't count all the times I've read rants about photographers who seem to lose their ability to point and click with relative accuracy whenever something mysterious is on the other side of the camera!

Beyond that? I don't really have an opinion. I think we're already at an immediate disadvantage when these new pictures show up, since the suggestion of what they might be is planted in our minds as soon as we read the title of the post. It's just like listening to EVPs after you've been told what they "really" say. We tend to see (or hear) what we were already expecting.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Whats funny, is I honestly thought I would get a lot of flack for posting. I probably should have taken photos of the area with nothing in it, although it seemed irrelevant at the time. All good, so my next pictures, if I am that lucky, will be a in a more acceptable format. Thank you. It seems even when you post on an open minded website, there will be some who offer however skewed, although entertaining reasons of why possibilities can not exist. But I never considered anyone would honestly say it was a plastic bag....That is just great.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I didn't mean anything personal by my comments, theutahbigfoothunter - and I'm sure none of the other posters did, either.

However, I (for one) take issue with this comment:

It seems even when you post on an open minded website, there will be some who offer however skewed, although entertaining reasons of why possibilities can not exist.

There's a difference between being open-minded and being gullible and/or willing to believe anything, regardless of how little evidence is provided. I don't read anyone's comments in this thread as saying that what you photographed is not possibly Bigfoot. Some of us are just pointing out that the object in the picture could be any number of things.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
At first glance, my immediate thought was "grizzly". Then looking at the proportions, I realized that the hind-quarters were smaller than the shoulders-Most bears structures are the opposite that I've seen.

Interesting pic!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think that its very hard to distinguish what that object could be at such a long range. But, its great to have members like you and hii on the forums, people who go out and do research for us. Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow, nice pic. It sure looks like it could be a Bigfoot to me. The only thing it seems to be missing is a head? But it could be looking down.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Whats funny, is I honestly thought I would get a lot of flack for posting. I probably should have taken photos of the area with nothing in it, although it seemed irrelevant at the time. All good, so my next pictures, if I am that lucky, will be a in a more acceptable format. Thank you. It seems even when you post on an open minded website, there will be some who offer however skewed, although entertaining reasons of why possibilities can not exist. But I never considered anyone would honestly say it was a plastic bag....That is just great.

We are all human beings (well most) Utah BFH… It is in our nature to be sceptical of things that we are shown but have not seen…

I believe that you have seen something alive, not an inanimate object. I can only look at the picture with my own eyes, so I see what could be a bear… sorry. To those who say they can manipulate the photo. Fine do so… but don’t tell… show your evidence at least Utah is brave enough to show his.

All I can say is thank-you for sharing, please, please, please do not let human nature stop you from sharing anymore photos/information that comes your way.

I hope you have luck in the future and the creature reveals it’s self to you… if you are so lucky then please just shoot off a few shots not just the one. At least that way the ‘’but there is only one photo crowd’’ will be silenced.

Happy Hunting… P

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
It seems even when you post on an open minded website, there will be some who offer however skewed, although entertaining reasons of why possibilities can not exist. But I never considered anyone would honestly say it was a plastic bag....That is just great.

Don't misunderstand, nobody, AFAIK, is saying it IS a plastic bag. It's just that without sequential photos, there is that possibility, or that the photo analyzed as a stand-alone piece of evidence has that appearance.

I presume at such a long distance you weren't even sure how the photo would turn out?

Yes it would have cleared up a lot of controversy if you had taken a series of shots, even for the purposes of bracketing (iow, in case one photo didn't turn out).

However, I do applaud you for getting out in the field and trying to get evidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's a bloody Moose, going up the hill..
It's obvious. I immediately recognized it...

100% Moose

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, in my un-expert opinion,(how can anyone be an expert in such topics?) I feel that if you look at the creature and imagine it's facing toward the camera, it looks like a bear. You can make out a snout shape and the ears.
If you look at it as though it walking up the hill, then it could indeed be a humanoid shaped creature. You can see the ass and the arms and the whole of the back.
Intriguing.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I could be wrong, but that seems like a very steep hill!

You said the 'creature' veered to the left and was no longer in sight.

Was it still going up the steep incline or did it look to be venturing back down? I know If I saw something that I truly believed was a BF, I wouldn't take my eyes off of it.

Nice pic & good hunting.

Is it the deciding picture of proof... I'm thinking no.

Thumbs up
on being out there looking. Take more pics next time.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Kinda hard to say for certain. Pictures don't always convey what we're seeing in reality.

It really is hard to say for certain what it is...I want to believe it's the big fella, but I don't know...

None of us can say with any great degree of certainty, other than UBFH, of course; what it is...

Keep on huntin', guy...sooner or later, you'll get the picture...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
One thing that strikes me is why would it be going straight up a steep incline like that? Most animals will take the same route as a human and that is to say the easiest one. The only reason I can see for an animal to take that route is if it were spooked badly or it was chasing prey. That is if it is indeed alive and moving.

I am not going to guess as to what it is but I do appreciate the pic and post.

Keep it up hunter!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join