It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear terrorism top fear, survey says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nuclear terrorism top fear, survey says

www.upi.com

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 4 (UPI) -- A survey by the non-profit Saga Foundation, based in California, says nuclear terrorism is the top fear for Americans. The nationwide survey conducted in a series of focus groups for the Saga Foundation by Luntz, Maslansky Strategic Research found that the top fear for 74 percent of those surveyed is the belief that a terrorist strike within the United States is likely to happen. Forty percent of that number say the attack will involve a nuclear device.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I found this interesting. Curious as to what ATS'ers fear the most. I can't believe that most Americans still think that Al-Qaeda is our biggest fear. I definitely think that our own government has elevated our fears so much about Al-Qaeda that we are straying further from other bigger problems that face us. It blows my mind that people still believe that. All those terror threat levels are a bunch of BS.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Definitely looks as tho the US regime has done a sterling job of sufficiently terrifying the population over the last 5 or so years...

And yeah,I can imagine how much this stuff blows your mind being right where the action is, so to speak..

Just do the best you can and live life to the fullest and don't spend too much time dwelling on this kinda stuff, eh ?

Chin up

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just shows the constant fear mongering by the government, the press and "experts" with books to sell is working

The likelihood of Americans dying from a terrorist event pales into insignificance when compared to random shootings, natural causes or vehicle related accidents. Of course, those things don't sell books, newspapers or taxation and spending policy

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I doubt half of the people who were asked know what a nuke is

You need the knowledge and expertise, the ingredients, the factories to enrich and purify, the weapon systems etc to make it of which Russia and other countries already have. How many terrorists are nuclear scientists?
they were probably given a multiple choice question and they just chose
whatever. I would like to see the questions asked and the number of people asked etc

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I fear Huckabee more than I fear Nuclear terrorism....

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSonic

You make a good point. The wording of the questions asked can often lead to a specific answer. For instance:

Q. Would you fear a terrorist more if he was armed with:
1. A tin of Spam
2. A pointy stick
3. A pointy stick with a dog turd on the end
4. A 100 Kiloton nuclear bomb

It's sheer manipulation and I have seen instances in the past of surveys where the questions were pretty much loaded.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

no doubt one of these days muslim extremists will get their hands on a couple of working nukes either courtesy of iran/n.korea/pakistan or even syria----the building israel leveled in north east syria was not a reactor---it was an assembly site for nuclear weapons--how many syria made before the facilities were destroyed is anyones guess.

if terrorists were going to go it alone to produce a weapon of mass destruction by paying for it out of their own pockets--it would be cheaper to re-develope bird flue so it spread easy person to person and an antidote for themselves and their allies and then spread it around where they had a hate on for those that dont want to become muslims like themselves.they could clean out most of the rest of us and have the planet all to their own kind

once we are gone they would start murdering each other as they do in lebanon and gaza and syria and iraq etc. etc.----its just their nature to have to kill someone apparently ?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
huh who called me?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would have to say my biggest fear is losing my wife and child to a drunk driver. That, too me, seems to be an ever rising occurrence over Al-Qaeda terrorist attacks. There are just so many more things I fear over this that I can't even see an end to the list.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclear_terrorism

Dude, you're scaring us!

Go away!

People, he just posted here, run!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wonder if this fear has been deliberately disseminated among Americans
so we our reaction will be more predictable and manageable. Given the current situation in Pakistan, I believe we are closer to a nuclear terror incident than ever.

Nuclear Terror Imminent?
Special forces on standby over nuclear threat (Pakistan)

top topics

join