It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee displays his knowledge of Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This clip was from a few years ago. One would hope that a presidential hopeful of the US would have maybe a little more knowledge of his neighbours. Oh well if your current president is any indicator, intelligence isn't a pre-requisite for the job.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
One would hope that a presidential hopeful of the US would have maybe a little more knowledge of his neighbours.

That's why I don't understand why Iowa choose Obama and Huckabee. Neither has the understanding or experience to be POTUS.

Richardson, Clinton and McCain are the ones who have the most international understanding and experience. Biden also has the understanding and experience but he's damaged goods - he wouldn't be a good president.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ever been to Iowa? It's pretty self-explanatory.

Trouble is, the initial primaries always seem to be held in conservative, low-population, whiter-than-an-Irishman's-ass states. So we naturally get the most boring Democratic candidate (Kerry? For real?) and the most nutball Republican (Bush? Huckafrickinbee?) out of them. Who then go on to dominate the races.

We need primaries early held in Texas, Florida, California, and New York. That's half the nation's population right there in those four states, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

This clip was from a few years ago. One would hope that a presidential hopeful of the US would have maybe a little more knowledge of his neighbours.

Stop pretending there's a "Canada."

Every American knows there's only 4 countries. Us and them, and two of them are Mexico. Making sense is for Democrats. To hell with it.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox
We need primaries early held in ...

I don't understand why primaries aren't held all at once. Get EVERYONE done in February. Otherwise, the rest of the country has to suffer with who is choosen in Iowa, NH, S. Carolina and Michigan. The rest of us don't get a say. (and by the choices these idiots have been giving us .. I'd say we are smarter!)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The primaries are something that I have never truly understood about American Politics. I understand what there for but the need to stretch them over such a long period of time just doesn't make sense to me. Here in Canada, and I believe most places outside of the US that have democracies, we hold leadership conventions to decide who heads the parties. It takes place over a weekend and the ballot's keep going till some one is declared a winner. Usually after the first ballot, if there isn't a clear cut victor: people start to drop out and put their support behind one candidate or another. Takes a few hours of actual voting and is all very exciting. I just don't get the need to stretch this over an almost two month period

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There's a lot of issues with the way our voting system is set up. For instance, the five western states - California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawai'i might as well stay home because the race is almost always decided by the time these states' voters can reach a booth. Ever seen a candidate go to Hawai'i to court voters? Nevada? No, it's all Atlantic and midwest. Howard Dean broke hte mold on this, which is a good thing, whatever your opinion of him as a politician may be.

The reason the primaries aren't held all at once? "State's rights"... Funny how these state's rights things only ever serve to make people's lives more difficult...

top topics

join