It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should (YOU) Be Observing the Biblical Holydays?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It truly is impossible to keep the law.

I used to try until I realized what I was actually doing.

When you try to keep the law in order to save yourself you are rejecting the Christ and what he did.

Now, if any man can actually keep to the law he is clean. That said, NO MAN can keep to the law.

Because we cannot keep to the law, we require Christ, and to recognize Christ yet still try to keep the law is to say that his sacrifice WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, that you need something more.

Now if you want to observe Jewish holy days that is OK, but only if you do it to glorify the Lord and the things he has done and not to save yourself, because to think you can save yourself is a SLAP IN THE FACE OF CHRIST.

Think of the passion, of what he suffered for you! Every time you try to keep the law and fail you are another thorn in his crown, another tooth in the whip!

And when you come on here and try to preach an anti-Christ message about the law, you are causing some to sin by not only piercing their weak conscience but also by judging you.

Now, all that said, I still keep two portions of the law, but not because I think I must in order to be saved, but because I make the personal choice to. We all have foods we just don’t like to eat, even though the Lord has made them clean and given them to us to eat. Cat stew, anyone? We don’t HAVE to eat everything just because it is clean.

I don’t eat pork because the thought of eating a pig disgusts me, although I would never condemn someone for eating pork and I don’t think it would damage my soul to eat it.

I also do not eat cow milk with beef, because the thought of eating a cow and washing it down or topping it with the substance that is provided to nurture it into life disgusts me. I also will not eat a goat and wash it down in goat milk

I will not, however, starve myself to keep those eating habits of mine. I am here to do the will of the Lord and I am no good to him if my mind is on food, so I will eat what is available if I am distracted by my hunger.

I don’t condemn or think badly of those who don’t eat like me, however; I keep my peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

as long as we are human we will be tempted to sin but we are not to give up in hopless despair---we have to keep on trying to overcome---G-D doesnt expect us to become perfect in this flesh---just expects us to try.
the holy days of G-D are to be kept yearly to keep our minds focused on the plan of G-D.passover reminds us that Messiah died in our place and took the death penalty on Himself that we should have paid--firstfruits/pentecost symbolizes receiving a portion of G-Ds Spirit to help us keep the law--trumpets symbolizes the return of Messiah to bring world peace at last and an end to our wars--atonement our becoming at one with G-D and our sins completely gone .the feast of tabernacles looks forward to the 1000 year reign of Messiah and the kingdom of heaven being brought to earth---and the last great day looks forward to the resurrection of all the dead who died in their sins and never knew about G-D or just plainwell didnt care-----everyone that has ever lived will be brought to life again and be given the opportunity to decide if they want to join G-Ds family or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
part of post by yahn goodey:

Messiah told His disciples at His last earthly passover service to continue on doing the same.luke 22:19 do this in remembrance of Me.

Jesus was not talking about the passover, when he said that. Jesus created a new institution at his supper. That is what was obseved by the early christians. If some Christians were observieng the passover, they did not do it as the Jews celebrated it. The only connection is the hold-over of the name. Even the original Last Supper had no similarity to the passover.
To me, there seems to be more similarity to the marzeach, than to a passover meal. First off, there is no mention of a lamb. In fact it does not seem to be a meal, at all. It is purely symbolic. Another thing is they are reclineing, instead of sitting up with their staffs, ready to migrate from Egypt. It is more like the marzeach, in that they are reclining. It is more like Jesus is officiating at his own wake.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

A little harsh, IMO. There are plenty of posters on this forum who are in out-right rebelion against God. I am sure the people here talking about trying to obey God are not sticking thorns into Jesus. Some people are just raised to think that way. I was, and it took me fifty years to get over it, if I really have. You can rationalize theoogy all day long but you can not get rid of the fealing that God expects us to do something. I do not think anyone here is expecting to get to heaven on our own merits. Nice story about the pork thing, though.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
A little harsh, IMO. There are plenty of posters on this forum who are in out-right rebelion against God. I am sure the people here talking about trying to obey God are not sticking thorns into Jesus.

I am sorry, I wasn’t trying to be harsh or mean.

I didn’t mean in any sort of literal sense at all that I believe we can harm Christ.

The thorns in the crown and teeth in the whip are symbolic of what the Jews did to Christ 2000 years ago in rejecting him in favor of the law and mocking his act of salvation.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to cavscout:
Oh, you have to excuse me for being a little testy. A couple of things are bothering me at the moment. First this thread got moved. "Too much Preaching" Second, I got a post removed and a 1000 point penalty. This happened on a thread that I thought would be on a Christian topic, and turned out to be some sort of satanic rant. I made a comment on that thread about the reaction I had from looking at his post. Apparently it is ok, on this forum, to attack Christians, but if you even hint at being negative towards a satanist, you risk being banned from the forum.
Sorry, and do not take my reply to your post personaly. Just a little un-happy, right now. I hope you understand that I was making a not very successful attempt to put things into, what I consider, a proper perspective.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to cavscout:
Oh, you have to excuse me for being a little testy.

No big deal.

This happened on a thread that I thought would be on a Christian topic, and turned out to be some sort of satanic rant.

Can you link to that thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join