It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama...a closet Muslim?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If we were to take a deep, honest look into our very soul would we as Americans (no party affiliations mentioned) would we as Americans vote for a Muslim for president?

A few BHO facts:
1. his mother was atheist and married a muslim man (BHO's dad)
2. His mom remarried another muslim (BHO's step dad who raised him)
3. he attended a muslim religious school when he was six.

He was born of a Moslem father, raised by a Moslem stepfather, and received his first education at a Moslem school. That he subsequently went to a Catholic school in Jakarta before living with his mother’s parents back in Honolulu makes no difference. In the eyes of Moslems, he originally was a Moslem. How can he not be in those eyes, with a Koranic first name and his middle name that of the grandson of Mohammed?

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham,
ntroduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi
school in Jakarta .
Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim
terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.
Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking
Major public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has
joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
background.
Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential
candidacy.
The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the
inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through
the President of the United States , one of their own!
ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office - he DID NOT
use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran (Their equivalent to our
Bible, but very different beliefs)

Could we honestly look a ourselves in the mirror and say "self, I think BHO is above that pettiness and I will vote for him"

I stand here today and can honestly tell you that I could not vote for him knowing the possibility that he may be Muslim at heart.

I do not apologize for this, it is who I am at this time in my life.

What about you?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Dont Hate Rats]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

There are numerous factual errors in the OP. I do not say this as an attack on the OP, and I do not apologize for saying this. It is the truth.

Here's a little clarification on the misrepresentations in the OP:
Facts about Obama swearing in...

[edit on 5-1-2008 by lifestudent]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by lifestudent]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Who the hell cares what religion a party candidate is? Your thread is a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifestudent

There are numerous either errors or lies in the OP. I do not say this as an attack on the OP, and I do not apoligize for saying this. It is the truth.

Hello, would you like to clarify which errors I have made because I will gladly edit the OP if I made a mistake on something.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Who the hell cares what religion a party candidate is? Your thread is a waste of time.

I care what religion he is and I assure you thousands of Americans like me will not be voting for him because of his Muslim connections.

Muslims have made statements that they want to defeat the US from the inside and what better place to do it from than the President himself.

Oh and your post is a waste of time since it didn't contribute anything at all other than your ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
Hello, would you like to clarify which errors I have made because I will gladly edit the OP if I made a mistake on something.
Thank you.

Hi Don't Hate Rats,
Sorry if my post was a little strong. I just finished another post earlier today clarifying this smear campaign on Obama, started by some political operatives, intended to portray him as a Muslim for obvious reasons.

In fact, he swore his oath of office on his own bible, not the Quoran (sp?), and while he did become a Christian as a young man, I do not believe anyone has ever proven he was previously a Muslim, a claim that his campaign committee denies.

I have said in a post quite some time ago that my mother actually knew his mother and babysat him as a young child. I didn't even know this until hearing a speech he gave when he was a senator and not a candidate. I was impressed with his message, heard him on the radio, didn't know his race, but told my mom "this is the kind of person we need to run for president". She told me about her experience with him and his mother, and later on, he actually ran.

IMO, he's the best candidate to come along in this country for some time, and whether you agree with his political platform or not, promulgating unconfirmed rumors that were started by political liars who knew how dishonest their statements were/are is playing right into the hands of the people who would continue to drive our country into the ground for their own personal gain. I am not saying you are doing this on purpose, but please look into this more deeply and see what you come up with. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

God why are people so ignorant? So what if he's Muslim? BEING MUSLIM DOESN'T MAKE YOU A TERRORIST. Just because terrorists use a modified version of islam (much like christians have used modified versions of christianity to wage wars in the past *cough..the crusades, the IRAQ WAR..cough*) to wage wars against their enemies..that does not mean he's a Terrorist.

I don't support him because of the Oreo political stance i've seen him take on many issues..but that's beside the point. Even if he was a Muslim..so what? Islam is a peaceful religion. The biggest lie these christian devils would have you belive is that Islam is a religion of violence.

Stop spreading fear and stupidity.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Does any of it really matter?
The current and wannabe leadership hardly qualify as paragons of Christian values after all. Wars for profit, death and destruction and propping up brutal dictators for corporate gain and influence are hardly in keeping with the supposed teachings of the Bible.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

I have edited the OP to reflect this new information.
Thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He isn't a closet muslim. He's a not-so-closet RACIST His 'black power church' blames whitey for everything wrong on the planet.... and he sits in the pew nodding his head like a bobble head. :shk:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hi OP, I see that you've edited the post, but it still seems to sensationalize issues that seem to have no real bearing on who the man is.

Since your edit left the primary message intact, that you will not vote for him out of fear of an accused, unproven, and flatly denied participation in a religion, does this mean that even after seeing that some of your original information was clearly slander intended to provoke the fear you claim, that you have the same opinion as when you thought that information was true? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn

Islam is a peaceful religion. The biggest lie these christian devils would have you belive is that Islam is a religion of violence.

You have got to be kidding? Islam a peaceful religion? Ok tell that to the teenage girls that are strangled to death by their own fathers in honor killings.Or tell that to the rape victims that get sentenced to 200 lashes.
Or ask a Muslim what Muhammed has said should happen to them if they convert from Moslem to another religion.

yeah..real peaceful religion.

Please don't enter a debate if you are ignorant to the topic at hand.
thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lifestudent

Hi,
yes I still believe that he is Muslim in his heart. To put it bluntly and please don't take offense.
"You can put lipstick on a pig but she will still be a pig"

In other words, what he has done to gain political office is what he needed to do, not what he truly is.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

christians have made statement like "god hates america"
but that doesn't represent all christians.
the most patriotic person i knew growing up was a muslim. his father was a palestinian immigrant, but he loved this country more than anyone i've ever met.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The OP is still a biased smear that promotes false assumptions. The sources pointed to make false statements. The simple fact is that he is NOT Muslim, never has been. While a child of only six years old, he very briefly attended a Madrassa ( Muslim based school of learning) but was never a devote Muslim. He has long been a Christian and his deep faith can be observed when one looks at the truth and not the negative hype spouted by his political opponents.

Threads like these only serve to promote such hype. Negative politics is dirty and ATS should hold a higher standard. Before making such postings, please verify the accuracy of the source material. Passing on someone else's lie, is much the same as telling the lie oneself.

Personally I am undecided at this time, but I would not rule out any candidate simply based on their supposed religion. For the record I am neither Christian nor Muslim. Islam is not evil. Politicians who lie are.

Hillary loves to make the false claim that Obama has no experience. She points out that she was the first person of importance to enter Bosnia, but the truth is that she was not there on any important diplomatic mission, she went there with Sinbad the comedian. Truthfully, would anyone know Hillary Rodham, if it wasn't for her husband??? Her Staff have been helping to spread the politics of FEAR by promoting the idea that Obama is not a safe vote because me may be Muslim and therefor an ally to terrorists. I call BS.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well that is another reason he will not get my vote but I wasn't going to bring up the racism issue.
Have you seen this most excellent thread ?
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi Don't Hate Rats,
I don't take offense, but I simply see no evidence whatsoever to support any claim that he is a muslim, and I have enough reasons to believe that the claim is an intentional smear campaign, kind of like the FOX News anchor sometime ago trying to tie him to Osama Bin Laden because of his name.

He is a threat to powers that currently control our country and that have been leading us down a very dark path while they and their friends steal the fruits of our labor. As such, he will be smeared. He will be slandered, and if he gains too much support because people learn that he is not lying and has good intentions, he will likely be in real, physical danger.

I am sorry that you feel the way you do, and I hope for the sake of our country that you are a small minority. All that said, you are probably an upstanding person, and we simply disagree. Based on this thread, you have a cool and appropriate avatar, BTW.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Islam is not evil. Politicians who lie are.

I posted this above but I feel that you need to hear it also:

Not evil? Ok tell that to the teenage girls that are strangled to death by their own fathers in honor killings.Or tell that to the rape victims that get sentenced to 200 lashes.
Or ask a Muslim what Muhammed has said should happen to them if they convert from Moslem to another religion.

by promoting the idea that Obama is not a safe vote because me may be Muslim and therefor an ally to terrorists. I call BS.

Well I call it playing it safe. I don't want to wake up one day and have to say "I pledge allegiance, to the Koran..."

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

the most patriotic person i knew growing up was a muslim. his father was a palestinian immigrant, but he loved this country more than anyone i've ever met.

So you have a muslim friend? how nice, well I have American friends and they also will not vote for BHO.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I remember when something happened to me few years ago....

When I was in school, there were guys who were probably muslims, and they threatened me with death, like I was in washroom and they came, held my throat against a wall and so on. I didn't even do anything, and I'm surprised that I haven't died, I really thought I would've been murdered already.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by TheoOne]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join