It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is a call to intellectual arms.

I have been an observer of this site for several years because I appreciate the logical and academic approach to what most would not consider mainstream news. I have recently begun posting my own topics for scholarly discussion. I wouldn't have done this if I didn't respect ATS and its members and expect them to provide serious feedback.

Recently, however, I have read a lot of posts that rely on subjective experience as the basis to validate rather outlandish claims. "Open your eyes" they say. "The proof is in ." This is not the tradition of ATS.

I call on you to use fact and logic to quell these posts. Respond in U2U to ask for references. ATS members are so proactive that these substandard posts are propelled to the main page due to so many members calling posters out on weak arguments. Enough with indigo children and the US's deal with Satan. Lets get some academic discussions up and make sure everyone who happens by this page is as impressed as I was four years ago. Ignore posts that don't warrant discussion.

This is the best alternative topic forum on the internet. Lets clean it up and keep it that way.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here, here mate. Totally agree. I have also noticed the quality of "some" post declining. I think it's just a matter of the site becoming popular. At the end of the day the people that are not serious will drop off in good time. I thing the mods need to step in a bit more too. I understand that it's hard for them but i think it gets a little out of hand sometimes.

new topics

join