It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier “Caesar” killed three American soldiers as they kicked , beat a pregnant woman

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

I'm still working on reading this thread, but since you refer to it so often to this point I have to tell you that Wikipedia is in no way, shape, or form a reliable and valid source of info for discussions like these.

Sure, Wikipedia is great for general info about something but the reliable facts are not there. Give me an hour and I'll probably have Wiki changed to say that I am the current King of Antarctica.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
people ALWAYS deny that US army does not murder innocent people
this is disgusting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
if this is what truly happened i applaud this man, wartime atrocities are not to be allowed...i quite frankly don't care what the situation is, human beings are human beings just because you're in a country you're occupying militarily doesn't mean everyone is you're enemy and deserves to die

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AgnosticX

Right, you applaud a man for committing murder.

Murder that was a summary punishment for the crime of assault.

Let's see, you applaud a man for acting as judge, jury and executioner.

His crime (that would be murder) is categorised as more severe than theirs (asault) in every jurisdiction I know.

Tell me, would you applaud a cop for doing the same thing, or would you demand he be punished for clearly breaking the law?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Seems suspicious, y would he shoot the translator too... And why would it take 3 men to kick one pregnant woman. U only need one person.

Probably a insurgent who inflitrated and try to make up excuses.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
And why would it take 3 men to kick one pregnant woman. U only need one person.

You say that as if its some sort of efficiency test.
Who decided the allowed number of people it takes to beat one person?

Have you ever heard of anyone being "jumped"? You haven't ever seen a mob attack one person?

I've seen it before. Five people beating one person. Now you can say that it would only take one person to sufficiently battle another but that isn't the point. The point is to overwhelming abuse an individual. Inflict the most harm.

The worse thing I've seen...and I will never forget it...was a group of women beating another outside a nightclub. I was young and my friends and I had just left a pizza joint in the city when outside across the street a fight erupted between one woman and five other women. It was so brutal a crowd gathered just to watch.

I thought they were going to kill her.

Just then gunshots rang out and everyone fled. Turns out some guy fired his gun to scare everyone away and save the girl. I never went to that part of the city for pizza again.

So no, it doesn't take three people to beat a pregnant woman.
However three people could beat a pregnant woman anyway.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

His crime (that would be murder) is categorised as more severe than theirs (asault) in every jurisdiction I know.

Not necessarily JUST assault. There are varying degrees under the law.

Considering that the woman was pregnant and was allegedly beaten by three men this could be deemed as "assault with intent to kill". That would be a far more serious charge than simple "assault" and the perpetrators can be given a much harsher sentence. Some states have looked at bringing up murder charges on a person that attacks a woman and as a consequence her unborn baby is killed.

I am not saying the soldiers deserved to be shot if they actually did attack this woman, nor am I claiming this story is true.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
And why would it take 3 men to kick one pregnant woman. U only need one person.

3 Adults, 1 Teen Charged With Attacking Pregnant Woman In Gibsonton

Deputies arrested three adults and a 14-year-old boy on Tuesday in a Gibsonton mobile home park after they assaulted a pregnant woman, according to arrest reports.

TBO.com

Here is a case where it took four.

So you see, your argument that the story is a hoax because it doesn't take three people to beat one pregnant woman is absurd. That or you haven't been paying attention to the darker aspects of human nature in the world around you.

You are trying to add rationality to an irrational act of violence.
With irrational acts of violence there are no set of rules. No guidebook. Anything goes.

Things like this happen all the time in the real world.

This story is possible, although I have no way of telling if it is true.
Possible? Yes.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Where are the English sources, as I cant read Arabic.
I cant even find ANY LEGIT new stories about 3 American soldiers who were shot dead by an Iraqi carrying a gun.
[edit on 5-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

No and you know why you can not find any source???? since US military prohibit any bad news around US soldiers getting killed, since it will raise the questioning around the invasion. Try to search for articles around US soldiers getting killed in general, and do not take those articles where is "propeganda" from enemy side (ie. the ones where some soldiers was brutal burned to death) but take those articles from the US magazines and newspapers.

On topic, i think this man did a heroic thing, it resemble much the situation where a psychotic man kicked an infant to death in US and the police shot him dead. So this Iraqi man is a hero in my eyes.

Best regards

Loke.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I agree with you about levels of assault, but it doesn't change the fact that murder is a "higher/greater/worse" crime than assault. Any of the "assaults" - with a deadly weapon, with intent to kill, occassioning actual bodily harm, vehicular etc.

However, Geneva handily removes the specifications and instead labels them "war crimes". Murder is a War Crime, so is assault. Sentencing is what tends to mark the difference.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
No and you know why you can not find any source????

Know why you can't find a source? Because this story is BS! If it were true, the US troops would have been brought up on charges and an investigation done.

And Holy Necro-post, Batman! This came from Jan 2008.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
I agree with you about levels of assault, but it doesn't change the fact that murder is a "higher/greater/worse" crime than assault.

No no, I agree with you.

I wasn't trying to sat they were the same. If I saw three men beating a pregnant woman I would assume they intended to kill her and her baby if I didn't stop them. You're right though stopping them beforehand would make it simply assault.

If no one stopped the alleged attack it is likely that her and her child could have died from the beatings, or she could have miscarried as a consequence.

To me that would be attempted murder at least.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
to the great 'defenders' of USA war crimes , there were people talking about haditha murderers being tried .... they have been set free...
disgusting

HADITHA, Iraq — Khadija Hassan still shrouds her body in black, nearly three years after the deaths of her four sons. They were killed on Nov. 19, 2005, along with 20 other people in the deadliest documented case of U.S. troops killing civilians since the Vietnam War.

Eight Marines were charged in the case, but in the intervening years, criminal charges have been dismissed against six. A seventh Marine was acquitted. The residents of Haditha, after being told they could depend on U.S. justice, feel betrayed.

"We put our hopes in the law and in the courts and one after another they are found innocent," said Yousef Aid Ahmed, the lone surviving brother in the family. "This is an organized crime."
www.mcclatchydc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join