It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier “Caesar” killed three American soldiers as they kicked , beat a pregnant woman

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Midav

My bad. I got off topic.

I responsed to Flyersfan back a ways and 4thDoctorWhoFan responsed back instead. I believe he is just trolling so I'm not gonna respond to him any more.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
reply to post by GT100FV

www.yaqen.net...

You seem awfully anxious at the prospect that Americans may have been killed- thanks for your objectivity.

nah, waiting to see when americans learn to stop killing others

A simple misunderstanding! It happens every day.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

NP. Let's ALL just get back OT =)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
The OP is just nonsense. This story is total propaganda and did not happen....The OP should be ashamed for spreading such propaganda which is obviously false.

What makes it obvious? Simple question. OP is citing a source...you are citing an opinion. I repeat, wishful thinking doesn't make it so. Period. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
What makes it obvious? Simple question. OP is citing a source

Umm.....linking to someone's blog is NOT a source.

Unless you can read arabic, the other link is useless.

you are citing an opinion.

Yeah, an opinion based on no reputable source and these sort of misleading things have happened before.

I repeat, wishful thinking doesn't make it so. Period. Grow up.

Sorry, but I think you are wishing its true. If you want to believe a blog and a website written in arabic then go ahead but I will wait for some REAL sources. PERIOD!
BTW, Instead of growing up, perhaps get your head of the sand.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Such hate towards Americans that they will blame us for everything that happens, including making up reasons why some iraqi decided to go and kill innocent American troops.

www.cnn.com...

Nothing about any pregnant woman being kicked. That part of the story is obviously being made up.

It's amazing that in an area of the world where violence is a way of life that there are people here who chose to single out the US as the cause for the violence in the area when the fact is that these arabs have been killing each other for centuries before the US was ever discovered.

Here's to hoping that Iran does get the bomb, then when the arabs start there war with them they will get nuked.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
Such hate towards Americans that they will blame us for everything that happens, including making up reasons why some iraqi decided to go and kill innocent American troops.

Exactly!
It's also sad how quickly some here are willing to believe any story which is negative towards the U.S. military or America in general without any proof.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

What makes it obvious? Simple question. OP is citing a source

Umm.....linking to someone's blog is NOT a source.

Unless you can read arabic, the other link is useless.
If you want to believe a blog and a website written in arabic then go ahead but I will wait for some REAL sources. PERIOD!
BTW, Instead of growing up, perhaps get your head of the sand.

All I'm saying is that it's tiresome to watch people state their opinion as fact. There's a difference, and further, just because a statement appears in a language other than English, that doesn't mean it can be automatically dismissed. I'd wait til all the facts are in before I go out on a limb and say anything is obvious.

But, that's just me.

I think I'll fall back on my signature line at this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

All I'm saying is that it's tiresome to watch people state their opinion as fact.

I get tired of reading thread titles stating fact when there is none. Actually, it was not my opinion, it was a logical deduction considering the so called sources, the tone of the OP and this same sort of story which has been done numerous times. Oh, and lets not forget the articles from CNN and Yahoo which mentions nothing about an American soldier doing anything wrong much less kicking a pregnant woman.
But if you want to believe a link to a blog and some misc arabic website, then go ahead.

I'd wait til all the facts are in before I go out on a limb and say anything is obvious.

I guess the OP should do the same right?

I think I'll fall back on my signature line at this point.

Sorry you are annoyed by my singing.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Propaganda in brackets should be added to the title of this thread.

Cos that is what it is....

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
you know this thing has boggled me all day,

i read about the happening in questing first here on ats , this thread , and then a swedish news paper and then a a finnish , and i thougth , how can ats be faster then my local paper, i just couldent get it to sink in..

and then the fact that there was no mention of the woman in queston but about an " ambush " in the papers , nothing more , just an ambush ,

and I thougth , wich one am i to belive , reuters whos been constantly blamed for fraud or a blog i found via a website wich i know nothning about ?

a blog that was faster then reuters who evolved it in to msm,

i bet you we will read about this in the future , about how an iraqie soldier snapt at a bunch of soldiers for prancing abit to hard,....but it wont be on cnn or bbc or faux

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
I am against racism and nationalism. If I see person beating a pregnant woman I could not care less about his religion, country, race, and so on

And the US military agrees with you 100%.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What one needs to ask is it on the individual level or institutionalized?

During my year over there the majority of our planning was based on preventing collateral damage even though it happens. At the base I was at 90% of the people treated at the hospital were Iraqis and the vast majority of them were not injured by Americans.

I have seen soldiers fall to their knees over the death of an innocent victim and I have seen soldiers risk their life many times for an innocent person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and these things out number any evil acts at the individual level by our military 10 folds.

Getting back to institutionalize…

If a guy walks into an open market and blows himself up and kills 50 women and children, or if 20 dead bodies with their heads cut off are found are these and so many other similar atrocities THAT ARE DONE EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK institutionalized by the people who are doing them?

I can fully understand IEDs and other attacks on the US military but how do you people fit this above in your little “freedom fighter” mentality?

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ever wonder why this guy posted the handle "Manson"?
also his lack of proof seems to be feeding on other peoples fears...

We all know that atrocities go on during wartime...lets not jump to conclusions.
I'd lay odds he's talking utter bull trying to get a rise out of people.

sorry mate, your crap doesnt wash over here

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Past occurences. American soldiers raping a 14 year old girl while murdering her parents, than murdering her and burning her corpse.

I'm pretty sure that's the kind of thing that gives America zero credibility when it comes to news out of Iraq. .

The fact that the story did come out of Iraq in a big way adds great credibility to what is coming out of Iraq in the same way.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

excellent post Legalizer!

that was some serious stuff right there.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

I appreciate your opinion you just have no clue what you are saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

reply to JohnnyCanucks statement "All I'm saying is that it's tiresome to watch people state their opinion as fact. There's a difference, and further, just because a statement appears in a language other than English, that doesn't mean it can be automatically dismissed."

I hope you are talking about everyone and not just the side you seem to be against

The other thing is just because it is in a language other than english and bashing Americans does not mean that it is true. Even though it works for you!

The bottom line is there is no verifying this story...but the liberal media is not on the tube bashing us with it...which they would be...who here doubts that! I think (notice I said I think Johnny) this is unfounded garbage for people like you to bash, on how tired you are of the US.

Another thing I can tell about this thread that I wish the MODS could do something about is PEOPLE ARE NOT READING the threads.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I will repost this for people who do not like to look back.

I will tell you a few things as I can tell you are not American. I was in the Middle East for two years + of my life living with Iraqis, Pakistanis, Indians etc etc... I have never seen an American beat any civilian or insurgents for that fact... and I do not know of one commander who would tolerate their soldiers conducting such activity. BUT

As far as the Iraqi soldiers go......America does not know who they are training and in fact at times are training insurgents themselves....because the Iraqi army is made up of volunteers and the US armed forces has a very difficult time determining who someone is.. I think it is more likely here that an interview might have been taken place and one of these insurgents shot them in the back in a cowardly fashion.

As for you many groups other than Americans kill. In fact insurgent Muslims kill each other all the time...and rape women....and rape little boys...and steal, and kill women and children. Even though they say this is against Allahs law but then they turn right around and praise him for their little victories.

I will tell you this I know many people in various areas muscat, dubai, bahrain, jebel ali, kuwait, iran and they are more scared of these insurgent types than they are any American....so perhaps your view needs to take everything into account before you accept what you read...besides Americas liberal bleeding heart media would be on this issue in a quick second to bash Bush if it were true... So there must be some other circumstances behind it.

ps Abu Ghraib was not a lie and Amercian people punished Americans for it, who will punish the atrocities the insurgents committed....NO ONE!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
here is another one

According to Brigadier General. Mutaa Habib Jassim al-Khazrachi, commander of the Iraqi Army 2nd Division, a preliminary investigation has indicated that the Iraqi soldier in question had alleged ties to militant insurgents and that there were no civilians involved and that the incident took place while a joint troop embarkment was establishing a perimeter in the Ninevah Province for a Command Post

I would say that this is most likely the truth. Once again, often the US military is unaware of whom they are training, including insurgents. Also the Iraqi commanders are not ones to defend US military action against their own people. So I think we are looking at a cowardly insurgent who shot three people in the back.

I would like to add to the OP...If this did happen I think most Americans would agree that these soldiers should be punished. I do not think there is any question about that. War is an ugly thing but the harming of women and children civilians is unacceptable, nobody is arguing that. People in America see our soldiers as people that are trying to do good for other people and are opposed to any atrocities commited against innocent people. So when you see everyone here debating this we are not saying we think that this is ok or that it could not happen....we are just looking at this particular case and weighing the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join