It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier “Caesar” killed three American soldiers as they kicked , beat a pregnant woman

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
maybe, US soldiers would have a reason to attack

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And they only attack when needed.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, one thing to bear in mind with regards to blogs as news sources- Where are they getting their info? Is it first hand knowledge, or hearsay?
Can it be corroborated by a valid news source, and not quoting another blogger as substantiation?

As a soldier, I can assure you that if any of the MSM sources you mentioned got wind of Americans beating a pregnant women, and getting killed for it, they'd report it(including Fox News). You mentioned Canadian news too, as having verified the OP's claim. Which Canadian news source was it? Do they have first hand knowledge, or are they just reporting what Arab media sources had said?

I do thank you for keeping an open mind, rather than just jumping on the bandwagon of bashers.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CynCritter

One more time- there is no evidence that there was a pregnant woman in the first place. You're dealing with hypothetical situations, and imprinting your opinions based upon hearsay from conversations you've overheard.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PleiadianC
I say that he is trying to take power.
Its so obvious. When a war torn country has a week government some one will try to take power. But America is strong in Iraq so He will try to destroy the power to gain power. Its propaganda for him to gain power.

For the benefit of the rest of us, can you reword this in a manner that makes sense? For starters, it'd be helpful if you defined He/Him.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

And you don't know either!

Stop with the Patriotic nonsense!

They ALL volunteered for this knowing full well what they were getting into.

I have zero sympathy for people that buy into this Patriotic myth and then die for it.

[edit on 1/6/2008 by QuasiShaman]

Please explain how a bogus news story, and your thoughts on patriotism are related.

John Stuart Mill

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Need i remind you all.....
:Truth is the First casualty of war"

i forget the author,may he or she forgive me....

The amount of psywar comming out of all sides is getting to the point where we can believe nothing....absolutely not one report from al jezeera, the Goverment,the military,the militias,alqueda,or the press.

The best we can hope for is the truth from the vets who have returned from over there....
I would trust the grunts impression over Betraeus any day....nobody is telling the public about it,that isnt someboy`s stooge.....Maliki?hmph!
Bush?well.........
The Kurds?they want one thing....a homeland...
the Shia,they want control, and revenge,perhaps later ,alliance with Iran....
The Sunnis?they want safety guaranteed, a decent chance.....
The Neocons?they want it all....the whole lolly pop...
the country split or ineffectively governed,and maximum pilliage for the corporations...all the oil
all the profits
all the control
all the power.

It begins to apear as if America ,the world in fact,,is ruled by madmen.....psychpathic personalities who are perfectly comfortable with their own madness....every damned one of them....
bergle

)

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
the articles you refer to have no bias either , its printed by firms who are repressing info about ron paul aswell

Look, the liberal media here in the U.S. despise Bush and his administration. If there was any validity to this story, this would be their top story and they would not shut up about it.

we read daily about us soldiers and thier abuse of the iraqie ppl

No you don't!

Exaggeration much? And if you do, its all lies and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Look, the liberal media here in the U.S. despise Bush and his administration. If there was any validity to this story, this would be their top story and they would not shut up about it.

Liberal media?

90 % of all media (video, radio, print) owned by about six corporations.... all of which either spout the government lines, lie by commission and by omission. The myth of the 'liberal media' has had remarkable 'staying power' mostly because the people who repeatedly spout that nonsense have never seriously looked at just what our current 'media' is.

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Whether or not this is true, I don't know. I will say, however, that most American soldiers in Iraq are jerks. I have heard time and time again from people that I know in Iraq that the soldiers are abusive, rude, and show no respect to anyone.

It's not very surprising though that someone who lives in the richest country in the world chose to go to Iraq and kill people instead of getting an education. Most of the soldiers are ghetto trash and lack a good education, that's why they are so damn easy to be controlled and made to carry out dirty deeds by their officials.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Impreza]

Well buddy it looks like you are are wrong, and really just saying what you want to believe instead of the facts.

Educational level of U.S Military Recruits
Source

And also if by saying and I quote "Most of the soldiers are ghetto trash" you are stating that most of the American soldiers are African Americans then maybe you should look at this aswell
Decline in black inlistees

This is one statement of many that really annoy me here at ATS, people always saying a "a friend of mine" then make up some random story so that there personal twisted rant sounds more believable. Well I have facts here that say the complete opposite to what you are saying.

This Iraqi soldier took advantage of a contact situation to kill American soldiers.

I'm quite upset that ATS is slowly turning into a site where trolls can post uninformed, random, hateful posts thats soul purpose is to annoy people searching for answers.

"Don't make me bring out SGT Freedom on y'all"

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

That is why I said that is nothing coming from reliable news sources, only that three soldiers has die in an incident ad the names are given.

That is why I wll stay on the side lines on this one, this news story bothers me as the reliablility of it.

this is the only Canadian news source I found.

www.canada.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by medicis
Liberal media?

Yes, liberal media.

90 % of all media (video, radio, print) owned by about six corporations.... all of which either spout the government lines, lie by commission and by omission.

I don't believe that is accurate and the liberal media usually spouts the agenda or propaganda of the liberal politicians.

The myth of the 'liberal media' has had remarkable 'staying power' mostly because the people who repeatedly spout that nonsense have never seriously looked at just what our current 'media' is.

Perhaps in your opinion its a myth but I watch a lot of news and I see & hear it all the time. It has nothing to do what other people say, I notice it with my own eyes & ears.

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Okay...now this statement of yours is the actual myth.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
reply to post by QuasiShaman

The article you are citing is so biased that it cannot be taken seriously. Every other sentence contains a reference to a 'puppet army'. I guess we know where the author of the article leans.

True...but anybody recall that one of the reasons that the good guys charged into the first gulf war...one of the biggies as far as justifying the intervention...was the report about Iraqui soldiers looting hospitals in Kuwait, and throwing newborn infants out of the windows as they ran off with the incubators. Jeez...and this time around it's weapons of mass destruction. They were lies, too, so nobody has a moral high ground on propaganda.

This current story seems to have legs of a sort, though, and I hope that near as much energy is expended in finding the truth as is being used to pull denials out of thin air.

They say "The truth shall make you free". They also say "Truth is the first casualty of war." We'll see.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I can't believe the hate-filled, murderous, slanderous crap that's in this thread on both sides, but more from the anti-american camp. How can you say such stuff, praise the killing of American soldiers and Americans in general, and expect the Americans here and in Iraq to be anything but hostile?

If the soldiers were beating the woman, then my praise to the Iraqi soldier that shot them. I'm the last person you'll hear faulting his actions, if the story pans out and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did. I also don't think the articles posted by the OP are entirely without credibility. Sure it's biased, but there seems to be a grain or more of truth. Hopefully we'll find out what really happened and justice will be done accordingly.

However, there are terrible people everywhere. What about the militants in Iraq that kidnap soldiers and even civilians and CUT THEIR HEADS OFF? That's not just as bad? I think it is. Didn't Iraqis get tortured and killed in horrendous ways, for no good reason, when Saddam was in power? If it weren't for the American presence, do you really think that the Iraqi people could prevent another perverted, power hungry sect from taking power?

I don't agree with the Iraq war, but I have an immense amount of respect for anyone who will volunteer to go over there and fight a war that's not in direct defense of America.

For all of those screaming "murderous Americans!", are you telling me that where you come from, there are never people who abuse their power in grotesque ways? Cops never go overboard? Politician's aren't corrupt? There isn't a single bloody stain in your countries history? and for those who live in America, why don't you try to improve it? Start a citizen watchdog group, write to your sherif, senator, or mayor. Certainly, screaming hate filled insults doesn't help a damn thing.

Peace

[edit on 6-1-2008 by avingard]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Whether this story is true or not you honestly can't accuse ALL American soldiers of being the same way. If they were, we would hear stories like this everyday day.

Even if this incident is true and considering the number of troops that have been deployed to Iraq, multply this by the number of days each has served, you still end up with a 0.00000001 percent possibility chance of anyone taking accounts into their own hands. It's a numbers game if nothing else and not an American issue at all. People are people no matter what nationality but to suggest American soldiers are ALL BAD PEOPLE is intellectually irresponsible.
You need some objectivity in your life.

Also, how do we know whether she was ever even pregnant in the first place? Could have been explosives strapped to her belly.

Still, I hope she survived and I hope the kid doesn't grow up to join the Kid Jihadis.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
They say "The truth shall make you free". They also say "Truth is the first casualty of war." We'll see.

We all want the truth good or bad, but when the OP seemed to pull the reason of beating a pregnant woman from just one very questionable source with no other agency backing it, all we got was 10 pages chanting "killing Americans" type replies.

This thread no longer was about the OPs story but about the ignorant, mindless, and corrupt American military killers who do endless amount of evils in the world.

Now that the story is looking to be false I don't see too many of the first bunch of posters coming back to make apologies.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This story has the potential to be somewhat true.
But, it could also be blatant propaganda.
Anyone who claims that it is one or the other is wrongfully assuming as this point.

I wouldnt put it past the americans, and at the sam time I wouldnt put it past some angry Iraqi.

If I saw three big soliders kicking a pregnant, defenseless women, I too would take action.
Would I kill them?.... dont know.

Id probably just pistol whip one, then point my gun at the others.

Or take out a knee cap.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

True...but anybody recall that one of the reasons that the good guys charged into the first gulf war...one of the biggies as far as justifying the intervention

Umm....Yes, Saddam invaded Kuwait.

and this time around it's weapons of mass destruction. They were lies, too, so nobody has a moral high ground on propaganda.

** sigh **
For starters, Saddam did have WMD as he used chemical weapons on his own people. Secondly, Bush was only reporting what the intel agencies were telling him. Bush did not intentionally lie, the intel reports were 'supposedly' wrong. There is a big difference between intentionally lying and reporting info which was in error but everyone thought was correct. For the record, I think Saddam did have other WMD but he was able to get them out of the country before the U.S. went in.

This current story seems to have legs of a sort

No, it doesn't. It is Zero legs, nada....nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I wouldnt put it past the americans, and at the sam time I wouldnt put it past some angry Iraqi.

You are forgetting a third and the most probable. Its a story from Al Quaida in a lame attempt to drum up support for them in Iraq because currently the U.S. is kicking their butts with the help from the Iraq people. This is just a attempt to make the soldiers look bad so the people will turn on them. Al Quaida is just scared because they are losing big time in Iraq with the assistance from the people.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Now that the story is looking to be false I don't see too many of the first bunch of posters coming back to make apologies.

Those types never do.

This current story seems to have legs of a sort,

Only with with anti-americans who blindly believe any anti-american propaganda that pops up.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join