It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi soldier “Caesar” killed three American soldiers as they kicked , beat a pregnant woman

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't doubt that something like this did happen, its horrible yes but it's not something that I would deem impossible by our troops. Troops are normal people they don't suddenly become saints when they take the oath, and normal people are capable of these atrocities on their own people, so I don't know why this would be so hard to believe.

The thing that I do look to is that this story would probably pale in comparison to what has happened in earlier wars where news and the press were even much weaker, like the slayings of entire villages, or massacres of unarmed enemy combatants. Things like this are going to happen as terrible as it is, even if it is untrue, but what is good is that it is less atrocious as it was in previous wars.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by golddragnet

Exactly how many of the American troops(out of 160,000) were you referring to, when posting the story about the one who raped of the 14 yr old(less than 1% doing messed up stuff I would imagine would be accurate).

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

The point of the matter is that there's no evidence other than anecdotal that there was a pregnant woman. It appears that the Iraqi was a member of the insurgents, and just shot the Americans without cause.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Most of the soldiers are ghetto trash and lack a good education, that's why they are so damn easy to be controlled and made to carry out dirty deeds by their officials.

This is a blatant lie. The soldiers and Marines today are the best educated and trained military the US has ever fielded.

A very large portion of the troops who are in Iraq are Reserve units, whose troops are often highly educated, who have families, and solid, good-paying jobs at home.

These individuals are contributing members of our society.

We Americans are acutely aware of the abuses committed by some of our troops and it is our policy to prosecute and punish those who commit these crimes, unlike our enemies who glorify those who kill and maim innocent men, women and children.

This thread has no basis in truth and it is a magnet for those who are so without scruples that they will come here to post repugnant lies.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

There is no mention of the woman as far as a follow up of her condition?

What? No interview of her? No status of the fetus? They obviously don't give a rat's arse about this poor woman and her baby because they don't even care to mention a thing about her or her life and her family......NOTHING.

Also, what happened to her as the soldiers were being shot dead? Did she run off? Did she get immediate medical attention - because any pregnant woman being kicked in her tummy would need serious medical attention.

Where are the riots and the angry people that would most certainly ensue after such an event. Where are all the witnesses? The shooter was the ONLY one who saw these American's beating up a pregnant woman?

No, they state a few shocking, horrible, words and then go on and on and on about the bloodthirsty American Soldiers. Hmmm. Very interesting.

Again, just sounds like a fabricated (LIE) story for the sole purpose of what we have seen unfold on this thread. Bunch of hogwash! And its disgusting and an insult that so many people are just HOPING that this story is true...so they can point and wave their finger saying "see! see! those horrible americans!!"

Uggg!

Also, if this story were true...how come it hasnt been picked up by Human Rights groups such as:
HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH.ORG

[edit on 6-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

It is a lie. And wishful thinking of their part.

I am a military wife. I live amongst the military 24/7. Most members that I personally know come from middle to upper class and are college educated.

This is how rumours get started. By people stating their opinions as fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

The point of the matter is that there's no evidence other than anecdotal that there was a pregnant woman. It appears that the Iraqi was a member of the insurgents, and just shot the Americans without cause.

I have no idea what would constitute evidence of a pregnant woman being kicked. The military is not willing to hunt down and bring someone to a public appealing so they can tell the world they weren't beaten by soldiers (as they limp up to the podium clutching their broken ribs).

If the story is made up, that's a relief. I know why we are apt to 'jump to conclusions' though. Iraq has become a vietnam scenario where our soldiers are blurring the lines between 'insurgents' and fed-up civillians. People die needlessly every damn day and a little story about a pregnant woman being beaten sets us off... kind of leads you to believe everyone is on edge and sick of this war. Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

So because some American soldiers have screwed up, you're going to automatically assume the worst everytime there's an allegation in the Arab media? How about waiting for the facts to come in before rushing to judgement, and pretending to have an ounce of objectivity.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Come on! Lets get realistic here. IF............IF..........and WHEN....a member of the US military does anything soooooo horrible as alleged here....there would be a mob of angry people demanding something - probably the death of all soldiers.

Yet. There is nothing. There isnt even anyone who cares enough about the poor woman to report back the condition of her.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have no idea what would constitute evidence of a pregnant woman being kicked.

Really? You have no idea?

Uh, about a report from the alleged VICTIM? About a medical report of her condition? Or at least an interview? How about other witnesses?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
the OP's arab article is of jan 2 while yahoo , CNN started posting the sanitized american propaganda version on Jan 5
article of jan 2:
www.yaqen.net...
www.al-akhbar.com...

sanitized propaganda version:
news.yahoo.com...

i put my bets on the thing that the OP is right...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Give me a big fat break.

Sanatized Amercian Version?

You base your bets on baseless information that can not be cooberated - at all - by ANYONE?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcloud313

Actually the majority of the soldiers, etc.. in Iraq are not combat arms. There's a lot more support soldiers than infantry, armor, artillery. To say combat arms soldiers are unintelligent is pretty inaccurate. There are knuckleheads in all MOS's, but some of the more clever folks I've dealt with were from combat arms. I've met many more support types that weren't smart enough to get into combat arms. Regardless of MOS, discipline is key. They don't want maniacs in any job, especially not those with the most likelihood of combat.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

I agree, i'm not saying that a majority of them are ignorant I know alot of them that are good friends of mine and are brighter than I am, I'm just saying that the backgrounds they come from are mainly less than happy suburban settings. I guess I kind of ment that the ones these stories are based around are usually combat arms.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Text
Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Give me a big fat break.

Sanatized Amercian Version?

You base your bets on baseless information that can not be cooberated - at all - by ANYONE?

and wasn't american WMD and vietnam era propanganda baseless???

USA:

Nominally, there are thousands of newspapers and radio stations and hundreds of television channels. But the FCC and the Department of Justice (sic) allow most of them to be owned and controlled by a few media conglomerates.

According to media expert Tom Wolzien, 80% of the prime time TV audience is watching channels owned by media conglomerates such as Viacom, Disney, Time-Warner, News Corp. and NBC/Universal. For example, he notes that of the top 25 cable channels, 20 are now owned by one of the big five media companies.

In exchange for the federal government granting them an oligopoly, the media conglomerates refrain from criticizing its policies or exposing its corruption. Paul Craig Roberts notes that the media’s historical role as government watchdog has diminished as a result of media consolidation.

The media conglomerates permit a narrow range of political viewpoints that more or less correspond to those of the Republicrat Party. The voices of independent journalists like Nat Hentoff, Joseph Sobran or the late Samuel Francis are not heard.
www.exilemm.com...

venezuala has already some months back sued CNN for broadcasting lies

Information Minister William Lara showed at a press conference what he said was CNN footage displaying pictures of Chavez juxtaposed with those of an Al-Qaeda leader.

CNN also aired a story about the Venezuelan protests, but used images taken in Mexico of an unrelated story, Lara said.

"CNN broadcast a lie which linked President Chavez to violence and murder," Lara said.
newsinfo.inquirer.net...

your nations a proven liar , why should i believe you ??
i would rather believe the freedom fighters than invaders and murderers

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Conundrum04

Every other major world power has been meddling in the affairs of other countries for their own self interests too, but all we hear about is America this and that. Even countries that aren't major powers meddle in other's affairs, as if acting in one's self interest is inherantly bad. I sure as heck don't want my government to not act in our best interest.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Actually.... Soldiers did something alot worse than beat a pregnant woman. They raped a 14 year old girl and set her on fire.

They've also accidentally shot and killed thousands of little children, if not blown them up...

As I already said, it's easy for us to imagine a pregnant woman being kicked in the stomach at this point. What's been going on for 5 years has already desensitized us damn well... heaven forbid we become gullible to fantastic stories of brutality. After all 'that's just how war is'.

I have plenty of friends in the military, I won't bother acknowledging any effort to paint me as a biased anti-american etc. I know that there are sickos and lunatics in the service, and I know that my friends were not those sickos or lunatics. So I can practice proper judgment just like any other adult on this forum.

If this story isn't real, than good. (I have to repeat myself alot around here).

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Please, if we were "invading and murdering" there wouldn't even be an Iraq right now, please refrain from generalizing the intentions of this "war" with these atrocities, give any army weapons and unfit supervision and stories like this will arise I guarantee it.

Things like this may happen but the army as a whole is not setting things like this as our goal, else we would be done with Iraq already.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Are you agreeing with my post, or angry at my post. I agree with you that it's BS if you've mistakenly misunderstood me.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sorry, Double Post..

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Mcloud313]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join