It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes and non tabacco ingredience.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. someday. its stupid to worry about the risks.

Well, not really stupid. I like to be knowledgable about such things. Althought, it does not mean that I am going to change anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not to piss off any cig smokers here, but I stopped smoking cigarette in january last year, and it's the wisest thing I ever did.

If you really want to inhale tobacco smoke, at least grow your own, this way you'll have the choice of adding all the chemicals or not

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Not to piss off any cig smokers here, but I stopped smoking cigarette in january last year, and it's the wisest thing I ever did.

If you really want to inhale tobacco smoke, at least grow your own, this way you'll have the choice of adding all the chemicals or not

I thought that it was illegal without a permit. Please inform me otherwise.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Honestly, I really don't know about that. But you're probably right.

Just goes to show the cig companies really want people to buy their tobacco product, what would it be if people could taste and see that real natural tobacco doesn't taste at all like the #-taste of cigarettes?

And after all...not having a permit never stopped pot grower from growing some...
(this is when they don't get busted)

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
But just couldn't get addicted to them. It's worked wonderfully for my other six siblings.
I even purchased pipe tobacco & rolled my own for awhile, after seeing a very sexy French woman do it on a flight there, before disembarking.
But my high count was about 8 or 9 a day. But, after never getting a buzz off of them & having my wind sucked out of me every time I sparred, I dropped them.
I am good for about five cigars a month, though.
Now that's flavor.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I smoke camel wides, but thats not important.

I know that its bad, and I am aware of the risks, and all the bull# the tobacco companies put out. I just smoke, I used to do quite a few drugs, and I see cigarettes as my last vice, and so I cling to them for dear life(death). They'll never be banned, the government makes far to much money off of screwing smokers who are addicted. Whenever I pass through GA I always buy a bunch, way cheaper than in chicago

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nicotine is the active product in cigarettes.

The cigarette is mearly the transfer device of the drug.

Super-tobacco has been banned in the US, and is genetically engineered to contain as much nicotine as the plant can produce.

Many of the chemicals are compound aldulterer's.
They are there to help 'convert' the raw nicotine being transferred by the transfer device. Raw nicotine is not as easily accepted into the blood and brain, and transfer and acceptance chemicals are there to help the process before it hits your lungs and after it leaves the filter. (removes the fact that the chemicals are dangerous, in measured tests).

Some of the chemicals are 'prep' chemicals designed to prepare your lungs for the easy acceptance of the product.

Everette C. Coop, while in the position of the U.S. Surgeon General, stated without question publically,...

Nicotine is as, if not more, addictive than heroine.

But the US gov would surely miss those billions of tobacco and tax dollars....and so there they are, surrounding the register at Seven Eleven.

And why is it when you walk into a pharmacy, the perscription counter is way in the back, as your sickly or ailing self walks thru tight shelving isles, and the full candy selection,.....

But a smoker can walk in to the same pharmacy, walk about ten feet, buy a pack or two, and walk out in a minute.

The most addictive chemical substance ever used by Homo sapiens.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
my advice to all: drop the cancer sticks and go grab yourself a bag of some good old wacky tobacy

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
my advice to all: drop the cancer sticks and go grab yourself a bag of some good old wacky tobacy

Oh you know this man. What he said *as I inhale a drag off the Marb 27*

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I chain smoked for 5 years. I'll probably never start again, but if I do, i'll be smoking cigars.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You can buy the 'natural' cigs now too. Not that easy to find and expensive but a lot better for you. Not filled with pestides etc. I'm not a smoker but if I did I would look into something like that, with the idea of seriously cutting back on the quantity smoked too.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You can buy the 'natural' cigs now too.

yeah, ive seen them at the smoke shop. Im trying to remember the name of them...(dont ask me how I got in
)

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
American spirits, good smokes but expensive as hell!

Funny how cigareetes used to be a mandatory part of military rations, them being good for the T-zone and all...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wonder if people adopt an addiction to some of the other chemicals in cigarettes too? Solvents are known to create an addiction in people if consumed on a regular basis? Mind you the quantities here are small but still, a chain smoker would still get a lift from their effects I think.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I found this site, when looking for what do cigarettes contain.

www.healthplanning.gov.bc.ca...

Click on the link below for a shortcut to a search engine.

www.healthplanning.gov.bc.ca...

Now type in the brand you want to know about.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I smoke menthols. I'm gonna die before all of you.

I dunno...I smoke Camel unfiltered...I think I might beat ya there.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
A friend of mine swears by pipe tobacco.
I just think he's an old man.

Tobacco is wacko if you're a teen.
Other then that, its your choice

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I tried smoking a pipe for a while, but I just didn't like it... the tobacco is far too sweet for my tastes, and I couldn't find anything otherwise.

As for quitting because of health risks, this is my argument: sixty years from now, when you're in a hospital, hooked up to five machines and dying of nothing, I'll have a twenty-year head start on you in the afterlife, having forgone all that pesky "old age" crap.

Good times, man, good times.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Only thing I be smoking out pipes is the ganja, no chemicals added, just my friend THC.

and man, tobacco stinks like ass, much rather smell the stank.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Two questions:

1) Am I hearing this correctly, because if it wasn't for Smirkleys post I would swear people are saying that tobacco companies add nicotine to cigarettes. Do tobacco companies add more nicotine to an already addictive cigarette?

2) I just read that you possibly cannot grow your own tobacco without a permit. If this is the case, do you think that if cannabis were ever legalized, it would work the same way? We'd be forced to pay for our weed from corporations?

I'm scared, I just want my cannabis pure, untarnished not all modified (unless the THC is 25%+ yeah!). Decriminalize, that's all I have to say.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join