It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen a UFO around ANZA, CA. ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For the past 8 years I've been told over and over that Anza, CA. was an is one of the hottest UFO spots in the country. I have been here for 8 years but have not seen any yet. I did spend many years traveling the country and researching this subject but can not find anyone with a good UFO encounter in what is purported to be a "hotspot".

Just thought that I'd throw it out there and see what comes back.

Mystereman_1

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
UFO's and Bigfoot, too!

Lest I be remiss, Welcome to ATS, mystereman_1!

QUESTION: There have been a lot of UFO sightings in Anza, California and several Bigfoot reports over the years as well, are there indications to look for, signs that might otherwise go unnoticed?

GUTTILLA: Yes, apart from those already recorded in the area, i.e., distant screams, animal reactions, foul odors, heavy footfalls, etc., over the years throughout the Pacific North and Southwest Bigfoot witnesses or local residents in sighting areas have, in addition to UFOs of the classic types, reported to me the following with consistency.

...Strange sounds, usually at night and usually mechanical, some from 'everywhere' and some from underground. The sounds, which often occur in combinations, are described variously as buzzing, beeping, whirring, humming, heaving 'like a diesel locomotive on a steep grade,' like 'wheels turning,' like an idling car motor, like muffled helicopter rotors, explosions, rumbles, popping and distorted or garbled voices from below ground or in the distance...

...Nighttime lights, including sudden flashes that illuminate wide patches of ground; faint glows, wisps and 'elf' lights; large and small white, yellow, gold, orange and red balls of light, usually seen rising from woods, from old and new mines or rock quarries and bodies of water, or hovering near or over livestock; high-flying blue or blue-white points of light that stop or change direction or brighten and dim and disappear directly overhead, and assorted horizontal or vertical beams that emanate from no visible source...

...Unusual physical, emotional, or psychic states experienced before, during, or after sightings by witnesses and others, such as strange dreams or disturbed sleep that occurs before and after the experience; sleepiness, fatigue, dolor, fever, flu-like symptoms, diarrhea, headache, nausea and the sudden onset of anxiety or panic before the event. One long-time researcher, a tough old bird, told me he once visited a sighting location and was inexplicably overwhelmed by a feeling of 'panic.' The experience puzzled him because initially he didn't know where the exact location was, and only found out later that his panic attack erupted as he stood squarely on the spot where the creature had been seen...
Source | Bigfoot Encounters | AN INTERVIEW WITH PETER GUTTILLA

Thanks for the heads-up, I had no idea this area was a hot bed for UFO/Bigfoot activity!

QUESTION: Have there been any recent sightings or signs of Bigfoot in the area of Anza, California?

GUTTILLA: Absolutely. Tracks were found recently near Palomar and across the valley near Tacquits Peak and in the Hemet area. Wailing cries have been reported from outlying ranches and animals have panicked or howled and bellowed en masse for long periods of time, usually at night. There have been a number of good sightings, too, including one involving two teenage boys who at night spotted a large, dark man-shaped form at the Ramona Bowl. They thought it was a gag at first and threw rocks at the shadowy thing which loped away with heavy footfalls. When the running figure passed through a lighted area the boys could see that it was big and hairy and definitely not a prankster in a fur coat. They were scared and ran home. As it happened the mother of one of the boys was a respected local psychiatrist who said she'd never seen her son so terrified and believed his story.
Source | Bigfoot Encounters | AN INTERVIEW WITH PETER GUTTILLA

Hey! We're neighbors! In a regional sort of way...

I can see the Ramona Bowl from where I live!

I think I'll begin looking at the sky late at night with a little more determination, now that I've been made aware of the possibilities.

Thanks for the post and the impetus to look more deeply into the matter.

You just never know, ya know?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I know this particular thread is a bit old, but I was searching for UFO sightings in Anza, CA and came across this thread. After reading it, I joined and wished to share my story. The reason I am looking for UFO sightings in Anza is because my sister and I had one in Anza when we were children, and I have always wondered if anyone else had seen anything, and have been on the hunt for others who have had experiences there as well. Anyway on to my story...

My sister and I lived in Anza, CA for about 3 years with my Grandmother, and my mother and grandfather would come up on the weekends. We rented a mobile home that was about a 1/4 of a mile back from Terwilliger road. It was maybe half a mile away from Anza's dump on Terwilliger Road. Anyway our bedroom window faced the road. It was probably 1987-88, I was about 8 years old and in 3rd grade. My sister and I were supposed to be sleeping but were goofing off in bed. Our bed was right up against the window, so when we were laying down we were facing the wall.

As we were goofing off, we suddenly saw what I took to be emergency lights (cops or firefighters or maybe ambulance or something like that) flashing against the wall as it came through the window. I remember the light colors being red and yellow, not seeing any blue at all in the lights. Anyway, as a kid I thought "eh, i have seen cops before no biggie." but my sister turned around and looked through the blinds. She kept telling me to get up and look at this, that I needed to see this. After a minute I finally said fine, i was sick of her bugging me. As soon as I sat up the flashing lights stopped. She told me she saw a UFO. That it was this round disk that came and landed on the road, in the middle of the road. She made it seem as if maybe it hovered just above it, but was really close to the road. Anyway it was hovering/landing there and then all of a sudden a car started coming and it just up and took off and flew off to the south mountains following the same path as Terwilliger Road, heading towards Borrego or Palomar observatory.

I know I didn't see it myself, but I know I saw the lights, and whats strange is there was no sound, no siren no nothing, it was absolutely quiet. We both ran out of our room to the bathroom that looked out in the direction of Borrego. We couldn't see anything it was gone gone gone. We tried to tell my grandmother and my mother who was up for the weekend but they didn't really believe us, that is until a week later when a strange report was found in the Anza newspaper. It mentioned a UFO sighting near Palomar Observatory, and that there was a strange red eyed glowing cat that was also seen. After that I think they may have believed us.

Either way it has touched off in me, a need to see if anyone else has experienced anything like that, to know that I am not alone in what I have witnessed, and to see if there are any answers to be found. Thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've lived in Anza since 2011. I have not seen a UFO, but I have heard the noises and felt a vibration in the ground that people describe. At night, sometimes, there is a sort of humming, and you can feel a strange subtle vibration under your feet when you stand up. Also, there are more people here now, and unfortunately more traffic, but sometimes it seems like idling engines are nearby when there isn't anybody there. I'm hoping to see Goldie some day. I'll keep looking.
PS. We do have bears, I guess, and for sure mountain lions with big paws....they leave big prints. Make big noises. Have not heard of a bigfoot sighting, but I'll be watching for that now, too.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mystereman_1

my coworker just brought this to my attention. it's an interesting story. i'm surprised it hasn't had more threads about it.

new topics

top topics

join