It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It exists only in the mind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The united States is not the buildings, they are just stone.
The united States does not exist on paper, those are just words. They only mean anything to those that can read and understand them.
The united States is not the ground. The ground was there before the united States was and it will be there after the united States is gone. In fact the united States does not own the ground it only owns the title to the ground.
The united States exist only in the minds of humans and not in any other animal on the planet.
So why don't we play pretend. Let us play house. Let us play white house. It will be fun.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
wow!! thats pretty deep, and pretty right. thanks!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That it is true, but I was just wondering if you have any other points, or are you just saying what we all forget about? The earth is not for humans but every animal, but obviously most people could care less about the other inhabitants of earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlitzKrieger
That it is true, but I was just wondering if you have any other points, or are you just saying what we all forget about? The earth is not for humans but every animal, but obviously most people could care less about the other inhabitants of earth.

Actually... Both.
I really enjoy being reminded of things that I have forgotten that are vital to my understanding of reality. And I've noticed that others do also. It's fun to see it when it happens. I like it.

I do have other points that are more pointed but... those can destroy some peoples reality so completely that violent reactions have occurred. Not fun for me.

I have been a firefighter at certain times but I have also been a HAM radio operator at other times. I just change hats when I need to.

Here is another point; You can not operate in a court of law as a simple human. You must be a citizen in order for the court to have authority over you. (hell, your not a wild animal. are you?) Now if you live in the united States and the united States exists only in the mind then how big is a united States citizen?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This quote came to mind.

from the Matrix

"Do not try to bend the spoon; that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth: There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Reality exists in the minds of the perceivers

[edit on 4-1-2008 by 1freelectron]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by angryScientist

Right, as far as you go. The USA also exists in the actions of those who seek to maintain her ideals. Thought is meaningless without the action to support it. You do know the definition of 'nation-state' right?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let's have a philisophical debate about everything.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by MissInformation]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's nice to be reminded and to remind your self of these things at times but still--even if we know that all of this...not just the USA, but really, everything just exists in our minds what are we supposed to do about it? What can we do about it? We are still parts in an inevitable machine until EVERYONE realizes this. Thats when we can finally break free of the system we are living in.

top topics

join