It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here likes snowboarding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is just a thread about people around this forum who enjoy snowboarding. My setup is a 158 burton custom x in red and black on bottom with white and black on top, cartel bindings, and a pair of freestyle boots. Some of my favorite places to snowboard are stowe mounting, killington, gore mountain, and titus. I havent really had a good chance to go many places because of the lack of time and a car.

Also if anyone is interested in burton snowboards, analog, forum, special blend or four square, i work at the distribution warehouse for all of the softgoods and most of the hardgoods. So any questions you guys might have of new product, or anything about how all of it works, feel free to ask.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My Son who is an avid snowboarder said this looks like an add for Burton...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nah, its not an ad. I promise. The only reason that it's littered with burton stuff is because well, i work at the distribution warehouse. Who can pass up a 60 percent employee discount? Plus i get discount season passes to those mountains, of course im going to take advantage of the stuff. Anyway, if hes interested in anything about burton i know theyre actually planning on changing course in the very near future. we actualy got a truck of a lot of new experimental stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ryan said, uh, so it sounds like youve got a good job, now stop bragging!

(He lost his snowboard on the way home from the airport, flew off the top of the van...)

He had a K2, but likes burton for boots and bindings:w:

[edit on 4-1-2008 by antar]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I live in Florida... haven't seen snow for years. Love the stuff though. Never got a a chance to snowboard when i did.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah, snowboarding's way fun. I live in North Idaho and there is a lot of prime terrain out here. I haven't done it much in the past couple years, though. The sport's really expensive( a normal adult season pass to Schweitzer mountain costs about $900). I'd rather devote my money to other things. Keep riding though!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheScribe]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheScribe]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's a good job in the sense that I get to see all the new stuff. Although for the next 5 weeks, including this one i dont get a day off and im gonna be working 10 hour days, 7 days a week, because big companies like buying all of our closeout merch, so thats going to be fun.

I love riding, its just a good rush whenever I get the chance to do it. I wanna find a really good place to spend a week for snowboarding. I'm going in the navy i april and I'm leaving my job in the end of march, so I wanna have a week to kick back, hit the mountain and just chill out before I take that next glorious step in life. Anyone have any good suggestions of places around the US that would be good?

new topics

top topics

join