It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is just another NASA snafu picture of colors they always done from mars. Zoom in on the sundial. All the color tabs are all whack.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I've been trying to open the picture from the main OP link provided, but i get a message saying the file is corrupt and causing plug in errors...

Whatever that means.

I'm using Win XP and ACDSEE latest version.

Anyone know what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
first i would like to restate that i'm no expert or very familiar with all the concepts that are mentioned here, i'm also new to ATS only reason i'm here is because a saw the interview of john lear on youtube by coast to coast radio show. soo...

I agree that, what looks to be water might not be, might just be sand dunes colored blue by false color or what ever you call it, the humanoid figure i pointed out, is just that a humanoid looking object, it could be many things: including a weird rock formation. i read some replys from some folks, and i agree with them about it.

for one i don't belive anything nasa tells the public, so by them saying .. "yeah we took this picture with false color". to me it don't mean anything they can say what ever they want, this picture might be the original and the rest of the other pictures which we have been given by nasa saying is true color are the fake ones. why would they put the real one up for us to see? i dont know, it can be many reasons.

about the humanoid object it could be a martian, i remmeber long ago and they still say today, i don't actually know where this saying came from origionally or who came up with it but. "Little green men from mars" remmeber? hahaha maybe they wasen't kidding, maybe the people from mars are little and green ? well everyone has their own opinions.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lotlatino
for one i don't belive anything nasa tells the public, so by them saying .. "yeah we took this picture with false color". to me it don't mean anything they can say what ever they want, this picture might be the original and the rest of the other pictures which we have been given by nasa saying is true color are the fake ones. why would they put the real one up for us to see? i dont know, it can be many reasons.
This is one good opportunity for you to start getting more information about the rovers and Mars.

You can see that the rovers do not have any true colour image system, they have two panoramic cameras (one left and one right), two navigation cameras, four hazard avoidance camera and a microscopic (not really microscopic, but close enough) camera, if I am not mistaken. Each of the panoramic cameras has seven different filters and all cameras are monochromatic.

Mars, although called the red planet (because it looks red when seen from the Earth) has many different colours;
the famous red (with a little blue):

white, blue:

dark blue:

dark red:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just got out of bed, and despite another two pages added, this thread haven't got much further. The same questions, though probably answered within the first three pages, keep popping up. But okay, this is ATS, rant for rant's sake. I count four or five posters on this thread who actually has a serious approach to this issue, and have contributed the correct answer.

Take Grimholt asking for the 117th time about the colour rendition on Mars, and suggest use the joystick as a measure for calibrating the colours. Well, if you bothered look one page earlier, you would have found this post.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
As many have been pointing out, this photo is NOT TRUE COLOR. The caption points this out very clearly. It says the image is in false color to bring out subtle differences in color.

Here are two pictures of the color calibration "sundial". The top one is taken in approximate-true color on Earth, and the bottom one is the one from the photo. One can easily see that the colors have been manipulated, so the "blue pond" and blue sky are not actually those colors.

Keep on ranting for another 20 pages, don't worry about precious server space. ATS is about volume, not precision it all its versatility.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Seems to me that the guys at nasa forgot to photoshop this Screen before they released it!

Keeping the faith
TheSkepticSway

Dae

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What a brilliant photo! Ive found some interesting things in it too.

This first one looks like a metal bolt and really stands out to me.

-----------------------------

This one looks like a rusted iron handbag! It has nice sharp edges despite being out in the elements.

-------------------------

This next one looks like weathered iron again, and when you look at it on the big picture, that other rock I linked it to seems joined under ground.

--------------------

This one looks cool (to me anyways!) it appears to be a destroyed column, chunks are missing but seems like it was once joined.

-----------------------------

And lastly, this one looks like a fossil thats been broken, a classic Amonite fossil.

------------------------------

See if you can find these in the bigger pic, you can see it clearer, well... I think so!

Dae

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ooo found another two, cant help myself!

This 'rock' has a curious indentation, very neat!

--------------------------------

Looks like molten metal with a square hole in it.

The red arrow points to what I think is a rock in front of it and not part of the metal chunk.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

This is old news. Didn't you see the movie "Total Recall"?
Quaid told Arnold to start the reactor.
Blue sky on Mars!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Holy Crud, Dae, the second picture, it's MY purse, I wondered where I left it.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Dont can you point out where the other two figures are because I cannot see/find them.
ear you go, 3 little martians...

Excuse me but that is definitely sasquatch.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Personally i'm way more interested in the humanoids than whether the sky is blue or whether there is water in the picture. Blue sky and water is important but it seems they are harder to prove.

Is there a straight answer about the humanoids yet? Or are we just going with cg. If thats the case then damn man i guess everything is cg why even post pics at all.

I'm being belligerent for sure but seriously everything in one way or another can be cg'd. I'll stop ranting and just ask wtf is that walking in the distance and its not 10 meters away from the rover either. Who knows how far it is based on trajectory.

Seriously if your going to make jokes about the images then post on Digg lots of tools posting there the joke comments are actually funny there too sometimes. I hope we don't start getting "First!" comments next.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well at least we know THat JOHN LEAR and Sleeper lied about Mars having BIG Gorgeous Cities and all this technology.blah blah blah

seriously i don't know who to believe anymore.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
if you ask me it looks like sand or dirt kinda like you see in the sahara desert kinda like water but not, good pic though

[edit on 6-1-2008 by nemesiswes]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What's all that other stuff in the pic? The tower, the joystick looking thing (lol)?

Just wondering.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Actually I was not interested in commenting about the colour.

I was commenting on the lack of dust on the top of the dial. That is the dust appears to have been brushed off the top of the dial.

I don't believe there is anything else of interest in the picture. The rocks formations to me are just rocks, the water effect to me looks similar to a mirage effect you see on the horizon.

I could care less about sky colour on Mars and never asked about any sky rendition.

Give yourself a pat on the back though Khunmoon, you must feel great when you make your snide sarcastic comments attacking other peoples posts, complaining about server space and reposting previous comments.

Next time before you attack me, come down of your high horse, actually take the time to read my post and chill out.

Apologies for taking up YOUR space.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Grimholt]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimholt

Sorry if I came on rude, that wasn't the intention, and apologies for reading your post wrong, rereading it your right it's not about the colours.

Personally I too couldn't care less about the colour of the Martian sky, but I do care about the way people post here, and they seem to read only the title of the OP and then post their own take on the issue regardless of it already might have been posted.

Yeah, I'm a little cranky, my best friend died this Christmas. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This IS Mars.

That's not a blue sky and that's not water.
The blue hue is difference in the height of the crater, shadow cast from the orange tinted sky would make ground shadows blueish. You can clearly see sand particles "the ripples are clearly not water".

That sky is not blue...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hey people,

If you would like, I would love to hear your honest opinions regarding

1. The circle in the sand.
2. The white object on the horizon.

They both look out of place, what and how?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

Circle in the sand=crater
White object in the horizon=too far away and not enough definition to make an educated guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join