It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacedeck

I see a total of 3 humanoids. one is to the far left of the other two and all you can see is his hoodd head and shoulders, the second one is our little friend caught in the act of climbing over a rock, he is kinda turning to his left and looking down where he is going to land. and the third one is laying on his belly and pointing with his left arm forward towards the camera's right.
am i the only that is seeing this?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
The original picture is NOT true color.
If it were you'd be able to see the 4 colors on the rover, you can only see 2, this picture is fake and you all need to sort your head out, you are all gullible as ****. Would you beleive me if i said i had a green pet elephant??? In fact you all probably would

I would'nt.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Scary that even though Khunmoon and Zephyrs earlier pointed out that there exist more photos of this area only with other or no filter, some are still willing to bend the truth into something fitting their view.

Take a look at the colors used in the original filtered version.. it's red and bluegreenish which are somewhat contrast colors and since they even write that these version are for bringing out subtle details in the area why do you contest it still?

You have been presented with good cause and reason for why the filtered version is not what it looks like in reality AND you have yourself not presented any just cause as to what you say is true, other than your own interpretation of a filtered photograph..

Having said that, loving summer and beaches mars looks like a place for me
Hope they'll find flowing water there some time, would be an interesting topic when talking about where you went on vacation this year

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well, flice,actually our new member FeistyFawn brought this excelent link about Hidden Colors of Mars... that tells about the composition of the Martian athmosphere don't render white light as we percieve it. Hence any film made for 'earthly' light will give quite another colour balance than actually seen.

Try take pictures in artificial light with a film adjusted for daylight, you'll get similar results.

I like to welcome and thank Feisty for that link, and hopefully you understand people here don't bow down to logic, they feed their bing no matter how far out it might take them.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotlatino
DUDDE LOOK at the picture again lmao read my edit on my last post that thing you see that looks like grass is blue WATER!@!!!

how is that water

its on the side of a hill

just looks like volcanic sand thats been shaped by the wind

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Dont can you point out where the other two figures are because I cannot see/find them.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Dont can you point out where the other two figures are because I cannot see/find them.
ear you go, 3 little martians...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

I already pointed that out earlier in the thread, dude.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
´nr three´ is indeed strange..
our ´nr two´, maybe we consider it as a strange rock formation.. but without the the head..
the arm and the body have the same structure orientation.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by anti72]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats

Originally posted by magicmushroom
ear you go, 3 little martians...

well they must be tiny
like less then a foot
cos they are only a few meters away from the camera

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
blue sky on mars...ha that'll be the day. Just get your ash to mars, But I never even been to mars... great thread would be cool though. All of a sudden I want to watch total recall now.

What if what they are showing us is really Venus or just a computer generated image. Hum???

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
sorry if im repeating a post but since when does water sit on a slope on a hill unless its puring down it. it is not water

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very interesting thread indeed.

I examined the pic a bit more and found what seems to be an imprint of some
circular object on the left side of the 'water pond' in the background. I enhanced
the picture by using 'auto levels' in Photoshop. Check it out:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Impressive picture.....

The tiny rock dude is tripping me out, that just can't be natural.
The near perfect circle in the sand is also interesting, as is the white shape on the horizon.
Could the crew down at NASA be having a bit of fun with photoshop?
One thing I definitely can't see is water, anywhere.

Cool thread and great observations, peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is what happens when people start to see a movie near the end and don't understand half of what they are seeing, so they start creating their own story...

NASA has published photos of Mars with blue skies, clouds and even an aurora has been found by ESA's Mars Express, the fact that someone never saw them does not make them into a NASA secret that slipped up a hypothetical black-out of photos showing these things.

Anyone that really wants to deny their ignorance about those rover's photos should learn how those photos are taken.

Photos from the panoramic camera that use the L4, L5 and L6 filters (that correspond to the Red, Green and Blue colours) can be combined to create a near true colour image and the rovers carry a target with some colour patches to make colour correction. Only with these three filters can we have a near true colour image. It is never true colour because the photos are taken separately, so the brightness is adjusted for each colour and not for the combination of the three photos, making the image more or less red, green or blue according to the more or less brightness of the red, green or blue channel.

So, those that do not want to make a fool of themselves should learn something about what they are talking before making statements about things that they ignore.

Clouds photographed by Pathfinder

Clouds over Endurance crater on Sol 290

Clouds over Endurance crater on Sol 291

Frost on the calibration target

Winter clouds and fog

More winter clouds

Blue sky images made by combining the three images from the red, green and blue filters.
Image 1

Image 2

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As many have been pointing out, this photo is NOT TRUE COLOR. The caption points this out very clearly. It says the image is in false color to bring out subtle differences in color.

Here are two pictures of the color calibration "sundial". The top one is taken in approximate-true color on Earth, and the bottom one is the one from the photo. One can easily see that the colors have been manipulated, so the "blue pond" and blue sky are not actually those colors.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well, you just keep on trying to burst our bubbles
I understand.

In the meanwhile, isn't it just fun to balance on the edge of fiction

and non-fiction? I like it!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow
Very interesting thread indeed.

I examined the pic a bit more and found what seems to be an imprint of some
circular object on the left side of the 'water pond' in the background. I enhanced
the picture by using 'auto levels' in Photoshop. Check it out:

Where I come frrom they like to call those "craters" crazy ain't it?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by loki42

dude your avatr is freaking me out to the max.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
John Lear must be missing a lot on this one right now, since he hadn't made any of the responses in this thread, yet.

Somebody call him on the phone about it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join