It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Sorry didnt want to rehash what had already been stated.

Appologise

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

Oh no!! Dont apologize. I was saying it in a humorous way. Like haha, nobody listens to me. LOL

Regarding the "alien". Um, if that rock were an alien....wouldnt it be like Tinkerbell size, considering the size of the rover? I mean, its REALLY tiny in comparison, ya know?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder207

I can solve that for you:

This isn't Mars, it's Tatooine

Seriously though, nice find.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This may sound dumb, BUT if NASA and whom ever is behind some grand conspiracy to hide the "truth" about Mars, I doubt they'd be dumb enough to release a photo like this showing the real landscape. As someone else posted earlier...

Spirit was perched near the western edge of Home Plate when it used its panoramic camera (Pancam) to take the images used in this view. This view combines separate images taken through Pancam filters centered on wavelengths of 753 nanometers, 535 nanometers and 432 nanometers and is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.

From Nasa.gov

In fact, if you click on this link you'll find the same photo with two other filters applied. I hope this hasn't been posted already.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
lotlatino, I love the pic! hah hah! A blue sky on Mars. What will they try next? Hey, maybe it's real. Hmmmmm......

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lotlatino
reply to post by Jibbs

holy ... i din't spot that is defenatly something looks like a structure of some sort ?

or maybe the Martian sunset? That's what it looks like to me, what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so if this has been brought up already, I apologize.

Carl Sagan addressed this very picture in his book Pale Blue Dot. Put simply, he made a comparison to adjusting the color on your TV. Color on your TV is made from mixing red, green, and blue light. In order for the images on the screen to look right, you need to adjust the color balances on your set.
Images from space need to be similarly adjusted. The analysts working on the Viking (where this picture came from) were not planetary astronomers. When they got the image, they adjusted it to look "normal." This problem was quickly resolved, but not before the picture was sent out to the press.
That's why you see the same image. One with a blue sky and one with a red.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I honestly beleive we are not getting the true story about Mars.I think this IS the real pic of Mars and the others are just what NASA wants us to think it looks like since we have always been told that the planet was red and the pics they show us look red too.If this pic is REALLY Mars.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by totallyhuman]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
OK, now we got on a picture that NASA released as "picture of the day" the following entities: 1) a humanoid- like creature, 2) water and blue sky and 3) a skull.

And the right answers are... 1) it is just a shadow, 2) there is no water, but the color is distorted on that area. The "waves" are sand patterns and 3) it is just a rock.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here's the image in true colours (and a much lower resolution).

The pitt in the background that's speculated to be water still have a bluish-greenish taint.

As an old ceramist I can tell you the yellowish red colours are oxides of iron and the bluish green copper.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Regarding the "alien". Um, if that rock were an alien....wouldnt it be like Tinkerbell size, considering the size of the rover? I mean, its REALLY tiny in comparison, ya know?

Sorry I must ahve missed the memo that said all Marians had to be no shorter than 4ft...where was that memo anyways...i think i saw it here somewhere...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Had a good look at the rover, is it just me or does it look like it was thrown together by some garage mechanics.
How much did it cost? looks like not much to me, I don't think it looks that technically advanced.
Anyway why is the long tubey thing coming from the rover on this pic, half missing, if it is because it is a load of images stuck together to get the panoramic effect, then why have they bothered to do the rest of the picture quite good, but did the rover bit quite rubbish?.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Decided to color correct the image in photoshop as best as I could. Some pointers in the correction were to also use parts of the probe that have known coloration. Thus to make sure that the visible probe parts were not shifted to far in the red. The arm on the right has a gold colored ring with the data plate being blue. The top portion should be red though a little washed out.

As for the bluish area in the upper right it is closer to a steel gray and is nothing more than sand with ripples caused by wind. That being said, the sky still has a blue tint so I suspect that there is an oxygen content though not as high as here on Earth.

Would NASA want you to know that Mars has a breathable atmosphere, well I doubt it as that would open up a real can of worms. Great pic though and does open the field for debate.

External image

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I read through this WHOLE thread thinking there was something potentially there; I scanned the whole picture thinking there might be something there....

PFffffffftt!

All I see are rocks, sky and Rover!

Somebody mentioned "why doesn't Mars have clouds?" Well, it does. One of the Rovers filmed moving clouds (you'd have to dig into it a bit, I don't have time right now, but I'm sure you could Google it or something).

The blue coloring, IF the picture was true color, of the "pond" and the ripples in it are just sand dunes, or more precisely, probably what NASA has already coined as "Blueberries" (bluish looking rounded granules of rock).

And, people, that humanoid figure---its not proof of life---any imbecile can see that it is OBVIOUSLY a lawn gnome!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

If you look at the original picture link, you can vaguely see the tracks that the rover's tires make, and they seem to lead all the way back to that white pyramid shaped object. Perhaps it's something that the rover sits in to protect itself.

With regards to the color, it was already said that false color lenses were used. That thing is not a puddle of water. Those are ripples in sand.

Mars is a place shrouded in mystery. We need to go. But then again, if they are covering up bases on the moon, than they are going to cover up whatever is on Mars, too.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The original picture is NOT true color.
If it were you'd be able to see the 4 colors on the rover, you can only see 2, this picture is fake and you all need to sort your head out, you are all gullible as ****. Would you beleive me if i said i had a green pet elephant??? In fact you all probably would

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hi, my first post here. i found this: www.goroadachi.com...

it shows different photo comparison of Mars.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Interesting photo.

Certainly open to the possibility of it being a true reflection of Mars, however this could be a color adjusted photo as was claimed a few times in this thread.

I should point out that if this photo reflects the true colors of a Martian landscape it is a cool find. I would suggest though that people who suspect this not be so desperate as to try and throw wood on the fire by adding "other" anomalies they think they see. I think those sort of imaginary leaps make those that believe this photo is an authentic color representation of Mars lose credibility. Just relax...take a deep breath...and look at the photo for what it could be. A Nasa slip up, or a color adjusted Nasa photo.

I see no water, just Martian soil. No grass just rock. No Martians observing rover just rock formations. This is from someone that suspects Mars had life at one point and probably has bases on it somewhere now.

I see an interesting picture that doesn't need a lot of desperate attempts to jazz it up.

Good find.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Sorry I must ahve missed the memo that said all Marians had to be no shorter than 4ft...where was that memo anyways...i think i saw it here somewhere...

Ok. To cut short the debate about the Martians, here's what they look like in comparison to the rover...And they don't seem to approve of outsiders screwing around on their territory.

Courtesy: allhatnocattle

But seriously, it's well known that NASA has been fudging most of the Mars pics since the 70s.

Here's to mud in their eyes, for denying the truth!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Very nice find.

Maybes it's just me but that picture what people are seeing as a humaniod/person or whatever you want to call it looks like it's pointing to somthing whats looks like it's underneath the rock to the right? Maybe they are friends and one of them fell down and the other is just reaching to help them up

Well as it's the same colour as this statue person and darker then the rocks around it.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Spacedeck]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join