It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

There is no water or grass or blue sky in this picture. What you see is different mineral types which have been blown into drift patterns.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Hes, not talking about that.

If you look a little bit to the left, you'll see what look to be a head peeking.
When you find, post a pic because I am not completely sure how to.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Do you see the angle of the so called "arm" and the angle of the so called "leg" are the same? That's not perfect poise.... thats the tracks of "fines" which have hollowed out all the rocks in the lower foreground as well. Perfectly natural phenomena... and the interpretation is just like the old "Man of the Mountain" which used to be on the side of a mountain in New Hampshire until a few years back.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

Lol, I know he meant left, because I wasn't sure if I could spot it, but now I did. I assumed I'd find on the right.

Now, it looks like three people.......looking at the rover.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

I see it but I don't think there is anything to it.May be just the way the rock was formed.Not sure though.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Thanks for the picture. That is exactly what I meant.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This also looks like a fossilized leaf on a rock, but again, could be illusion.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hrm. Flagged. The wierd thing about this picture ... I took a bit of it and cropped it in photoshop with the sky, "water", and a bunch of the rocks. I figured with just a bit of the tweaking with the color balances that I would get the "water" to blend out ... proving that the anomaly is just due to the false-color filters. However, I am unable to get those shades to really melt in. Even selecting just a few shades of the blue all over the picture, and tweaking them, I still get nothing close to the typical red-dominant pictures we are used to seeing.

I've considered that it's entirely possible that I can't "undo" the filters, but I thought this was postworthy regardless.

One thing they could have done was to take all "slate" gray shades and give them a tinge of blue. Hence the rocks look "bluish" ... and that "water" would really be nothing more than some dark mineral deposists. I don't know but it's intriguing. I'm not going to touch the "figure" yet.

(edit: spelling)

[edit on 1/4/2008 by Fiverz]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The poor old rover looks like its seen better days. I dont think it's got much go left in it.
The landscape looks similer to the middle of Australia. (I'm an Aussie)

AWESOME find.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I must say that you guys did an awesome job finding this humanoid figure, keep up the good work.

Lets look at other parts of the photo and what else there is. This is one of the most fascinating photos that they have ever released to the public. Maybe there are people at NAZA that know that we are watching them and purposely released this jewel for us to find.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ok evening all, i found this picture very interesting indeed so thought i would look a little deeper.

Well for starters this is a false colour

A false-color image is an image that depicts a subject in colors that differ from those a faithful full-color photograph would show.

Ok, so basically NASA arnt saying "here you go this is an true image of what mars really looks like"

I think the op should have linked to this part of NASA's website
www.nasa.gov...

It is a quite spectacular picture but by no means proof of anything in my opinion.

As for people finding strange humanoid like rock formations, i think that they are just eroded rocks that happen to have taken various shapes.

Take a walk along any coastal site and you will see many many strange rock formations cause by erosion.

Good luck with the hunt

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

I had never seen blues like that in a Mars pic before, but here you see many of the similar shades and this was done earlier (I already closed the site but it was image of the day #30 or 40 or so).

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The reality is Mars is dead: "If life as we know it ever existed on Mars, it could only have survived during the planet's infancy". And the chance to find evidence of life that old is very, very, microscopic. So I think to look for life, or proof of past life, the search should be done elsewhere, like on Europa. Mars could be evaluated for future colonization though. But the rest of the research is a waste of time. There are far more exciting planets(moons) out there that likely contains life as can be recognize by science.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder207

Originally posted by TheoOne
Ok, here's the much more zoomed-in image of this humanoid object -

Weird for sure.

Looks like Ceasar from "The Planet of the Apes" to me. Interesting thread.

Looks to me like something out of Frank Herbert's Dune Trilogy!

A rock formation? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Find an original pic of the Rover before it left Earth, then colour correct the scene to match the colours on the craft.

Then we havea true pic.

BTW, if there is water on Mars, how come there are never any clouds?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Where in the picture is this? I have the original open in photoshop and cant find it.

Can you circle it on the original picture?

*NEVERMIND - I found it* LOL

[edit on 4-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

LOL.

I stated twice that the BLUE being seen is not the actual color of mars. But I guess my post was overlooked....because there were many following talking about the blue.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
Hm....i dont really know what to make of it.

This view combines separate images taken through Pancam filters centered on wavelengths of 753 nanometers, 535 nanometers and 432 nanometers and is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.

www.nasa.gov...

I know what to make of it, they tell you exactly what it is in that source you provided. The greenish tinted area is a sand pit that is why ithas those stratiations just like you see on sand dunes here on Earth. and the reason it is tinted blue/green is that filter they mentioned that picks up variations in textures...unless those green rocks are covered with ..ahem.."water"

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
This whole false colour thing is annoying, why not just post real colour pictures!??

to make it look more like a scene you'd expect to see
by taking a drive out to the Mojave. It's more realistic
in this color filter. It looks more like ..... home

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well ive just been looking around and found the raw images that this landscape is taken from. From what i can gather its actually made up from over 200 individual pictures.

Heres a link to one piece i could identify with ease. I think its shows the big step that is taken from the pictures that are broadcast back and the one shown in the op.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

If somebody wants to find the raw pic of the rock formation which is recieving attention then i'm sure it is there somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join