It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hey guys i might be way off but...... nasa has always told us that mars sky is red right? well someone in nasa is going to get in trouble!!! LOL at the official Nasa.gov site theirs a primary picture at the home page of Spirit taking a picture of mars landscape but..... the sky is Blue Rolf, someone must have forgotten that the sky needs to be painted red before uploading the picture or what?? and you can clearly see what looks like WATER!! amazing!
www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Lotlatino]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
Terms And Conditions Of Use

[edit on 4-1-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What else is unusual is that in every pic we see of Mars the whole pic is red.In this pic everything has it's own color.The landscape goes from red dirt to what looks like green grass on a hill.HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
DUDDE LOOK at the picture again lmao read my edit on my last post that thing you see that looks like grass is blue WATER!@!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hm....i dont really know what to make of it.

I'd like to think that Mars was once habitiable and had life, but personally, i would think that this pic has a kind of mirage. I cant anything more about the sky.

There are many anomolies in pictures, and i guess this all lies down to what your mind processes it as.

Thanks for the heads up though, would love to hear what Mr. John Lear has to say about this ; i have to say, hearing John Lear talk about what he has seen/heard, its amazing. I think i am leaning towards really believing this guy. After all, he seems like a really nice guy.

EDIT: From the link you gave us for the pic

This view combines separate images taken through Pancam filters centered on wavelengths of 753 nanometers, 535 nanometers and 432 nanometers and is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jarheadjock]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
that looks like a pond to me the way the lines are looks like theirs a bit of wind and is making the water wave alittle and it gets lighter blue when it nears the end of the pond or where is less deep. i say this cause i see a pond here that looks almost identical to that one. everyone in my house is looking at the pic and think the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

Which brings up the question.........is this really Mars?If it is then we have been lied to for a looooooooong time about the planet being all red.If it is not then we are still being lied to about the rover being on Mars at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can see why you think its water. It looks like it could be water.
However, if you look just above the area, you can see the same blue in other areas that doesnt look like its collecting, as a pool would.

You can see it beneath the "pool" too...a blue tint on the rocks/dirt. So would that mean that the other blue we see is also water, just laying on the surface of things?

The same kind of ripples (found in the "pond") can be found right in the center too....and they have a blue tint to it. So, im thinkinig its just a mirage type thing - like you see when you are in the desert.

However, im no expert. That is just what I see.

Its a great picture though!!!

About the picture:

..... is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Spotted this on the horizon.
What do you think?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You know, if there are different people who live on mars, and found our some exploring rover, NASA would definitely keep it quiet for sure - that these aliens probably would take our exploring rover in their lab to find out what it is. Wouldn't that interrupt them?

Just like if some others sent their exploring rover on our planet Earth, and we find it, what would we do? Have we even found one?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i'm no expert either i would love for john to look at it or any one else who is known to be an expert, the blueishgreen tint around the pond looks like algie or what ever is called that green plant that growns around humid places or what ever, but i also see blueish looking rocks, that more i look at the pic the more i see. also to the left of the pond i see like sand from dessert or is it water with alittle waveing going on?, looks diferent from the rest of the pic which is rocky and rougth, but the tint looks somewhat different.... like if it was a nasa job to cover water and make it look like sand?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
BTW that's a great picture to see, BIG and HQ, full in color! (That's if that's actually on Mars, that is lol)

Thanks for sharing and showing!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

Here is yours - edited....i just changed the brightness/contrast...and enlarged it

The lighter color you see, stretches across the horizen....when I blow it up in photoshop.

Could it be the sun setting? I have no clue, as im not a Mars expert

[edit on 4-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

holy ... i din't spot that is defenatly something looks like a structure of some sort ?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

or a big spaceship or UFO, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The colors look "different" because:

is presented in a false-color stretch to bring out subtle color differences in the scene.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Call me paranoid, but just in case anything in this picture proves to be incriminating evidence, I have saved the picture copied the link and the text description and took Screen Shots.

If NAZA screws up, ATS will be there.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
is that sheep I see on the far hill?
just looks like home pod'nar

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Lets just say that those ripples are water, they do look rather odd. What is the gravity like in mars? Would that affect the way ripples appear on water, thus making it look strange looking. This IS a different planet, things could appear different than we are used too.

What do you guys think about the gravity affect on water?

Edit: I just read that the gravity of mars has only 38% the strength of the gravity of earth, meaning it has less gravity force. Maybe that would explain odd ripples.

Anyway the other guy said this is in false colour, so it may actually be sand. This whole false colour thing is annoying, why not just post real colour pictures!??

[edit on 4-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I was just thinking of that myself, some of the ripples appear to be going one way and some appear to be going the other way. Don't know if it means anything but it is very interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Too bad we can't see any of extraterrestrial people or living creatures in the big large, colored, high-quality picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join