It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm a fatty!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
I still believe being in shape is far better than being heavy

you can be fit and heavy i know few people that are

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I think that was one of the most foolish statements I've ever heard. Like those that will be surviving some type of "end of the world" event will be sporting the lastest desiners survival geer.

Hahaha, I got a kick out of this statement. I recently read World War Z, which is a "documentation" of the Great Zombie War. At one point in the book a government operative was running along an abandoned highway filled with corpses/zombies still buckled up. But what your quote reminded me was of the high end SUV filled with state-of-the-art survival gear, but the man inside the SUV ended up shooting himself with all of his new gear on

But yeah, I didn't read all the posts, but I believe that you should have more muscle if you want to survive. So, you and I both, should hit the gym and get ready for 2012!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy

Originally posted by merryxmas
I still believe being in shape is far better than being heavy

you can be fit and heavy i know few people that are

Well if you watch the World's Strongest Man competitions, the men look really out of shape. Their muscles really are not defined and their 6-packs look like kegs.

IMO, people should be muscular built with high endurance if they want to survive 2012.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

My guess is he was jealous because he knew that your "fat" would allow you to survive longer than him...

Seriously, such a comment shows a total lack of critical thinking.
No arguments = no valid theory?
Yes, I think so.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by youvegotbighands

well obviously they have to be able to endure and not just strength train, that would just be for like competitions and such, but for survival i would think you have some extra stores of fat but be albe to run or hike or whatever, and not worry to much about strength because unless you're fighting humans (you have less of a chance to outsmart them), your mind will be much more usefull than ur muscles

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of the grasshopper and the ant.

The ant worked very hard all summer, knowing winter would bring hardship and hunger. The ant would walk by the grasshopper who would watch him scurry here and there, cutting leaves and storing food for the winter.
In the fall the Ant began to build shelter for the winter, knowing that it would get cold and windy, and there would be no place to stay warm. And the grasshopper would watch the ant build and sweat, toiling until late in the night.
When finally winter came, and food was scarce, and shelter warm, the ant saw the grasshopper on a twig, and the ant came out and asked the grasshopper why he didnt store food for winter, and why he didnt build himself a shelter...and then the grasshopper ate the ant.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
One of my survival plans includes hunting down and eating fat people, who will naturally be slower and easier to capture/kill. Once they're gone, of course, I'll have to go back to hunting other game, but for a while the pickings will be good.

LMAO, that caught me by surprise

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i believe you are right. I bursted out laughing on the whole survival thing but i can relate. and just because you are big doesn't mean that you are bad and don't take care of yourself..skinney people are crazy and pigs too!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join