It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm a fatty!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You are both picking just parts of the story out to try and make your points more valid. Sorry that's not going to work. These are exercises that we do as part of survival trips. The running for miles isn't involved with the hunting it's part of the overall experience but thanks for reading what you wanted into that. You know you can be hunting then the next day be running right?

The idea behind these very trips is to maximize self reliance in the outdoors. If you want to believe survival is best suited for the obese then so be it. Believe that if you wish but I'm telling you I have not found that to be the case yet and I've been doing these trips for a number of years. However, if it helps you to justify reaching in for seconds and thirds then more power to you.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by merryxmas]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
No one said survival was best suited for the obese; you're being disingenuous when you say that.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i am not sure what category i am in but i will give a general description

i am 5 "2" 12 years old (13 in may ^_^) and 159 pounds
i am not in shape but i am not unfit i can run a mile in 9 min 4 secs i think now about 8:45 or somin but whatever i exceed all requirements for people my age except the pull-up. i don't consider my self that fat but i am about 20 pounds over the recommended weight (i think)

i also enjoy long walks on the beach and going to the movies with friends

i have made an observation of "fat" people. in the locker room when we change for PE there are some fat-ish people around what i observed is that the people that i call "truly fat" have the fatness sag over their waists when standing up. i don't have the fat sag mine is just above my waist so i think that is not so bad IMO

being thin is not that much of an advantage!!!! my friend weighs 95 pounds and is pretty thin he is NOT FIT!!!!! it takes him like 18 mins to run the mile hes actually slower than this suuuper fat guy named Paul (i can almost lift him by the way) oh and i have this other friend named Edgar hes evenly matched with me at everything and hes like 110 pounds and he regularly plays soccer and i barely ever exercise this could possibly be because i might have more muscle than fat. one time me and my friend ricardo and i were play fighting once and we were trying to push the other and and he immideatly stopped and and hes all like damn you're hard i feel like you're going to break me or somin

another thing is that i can go with out food for a while, when im totaly engrossed in something *cough* ATS *cough* i dont feel hungry even if its 5pm and i havent eaten all day so if i was in a survival situation i would be engrossed in survival and wouldnt need to eat as much

just a thought: have you ever noticed how much faster and longer you can run when being chased?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Peace, Merry! IMHO The most important factor in surviving any situation in which your survival is threatened by lack of resources is attitude, followed very closely by an individual's life experience and ingenuity. I would put overall health(not fitness)maybe third on the factor list. A very fit person with no experience outside of exercise and eating properly would be far less valuable and a greater burden to a group of survivors than a fat country boy who's knows how to trap, fish and hunt especially if the athlete decides he wants to dominate the group. He may decide that his needs come first and steal food from the other members. Humans survived in the past not as individuals but as groups.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by crgintx]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
after reading 4 pages of this I honestly have no clue what to say, lol it has a small factor to do with your weight then your brain....

fatty with a shotty is gonna be more useful then skinny with a boflex.....

haha myself im about 256lbs 6'4 an at 27 year of age i can say that ive maintained this body mass ever since I was a young teen..... I actually am Bigboned.... lol

BEEEEEEEEFCAKE!

Go ahead try an eat me...... just lemme eat this nightshade really fast.....

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Chubby, IMHO would be of a ancient bloodline used to flucuations in available foodstufs. A hibernation type, as it were.
A vastly superior subset of humanity in times of scarcity.
I'll bet that if your type got really hungry and lost quite a bit of stored energy, worms and bugs would not be a problem for you, and the high strung skinny types might just starve due to their cultural limitations.
Hey---as carrying a couple ( dozen) pounds of excess myself, I can visualise how a mad max scenario might not be a crisis for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's accepted science that the human body is evolutionarily designed to cling to fat stores. Nowadays (speaking for developed countries here) this historic survival mechanism is starting to cause severe health problems for many people in our sedentary culture. If someone makes the statement that it is not beneficial to have a REASONABLE store of fat on one's body at the outset of an impending time of famine, or at least a time of drastically reduced availability of food (which is how I would imagine a "survival situation"), then that person knows little of history or biology. I'm not saying it would pay to be grossly overweight, just that to have very little body fat would NOT be a desirable trait.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Finnaly reason enuff to grow manboobs! lol

omg that gross anyways, * shames head down an laughs *

food is food is food is water. what?!?! its energy, you have energy stored in you, its like the external fuel tanks for the space shuttle.

We going to Pluto in that case but full figured folks will have a easier time buggin out, we have a portable water bed....

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow, where to start on this topic eh?

I am going to go with the OP...

In a survival situation a certain amount of stored fat is a great thing. For one in cold weather it will help insulate the body. For two this will help you to stave off starvation until a readily available food supply is available. You will as an obese person survive the short term.

What about the long term? An obese person may not have the muscle mass to carry on, on long hikes to find the next available food source. To resort to cannibalism in my opinion is to regulate yourself to the last available option quite a bit early.

The longest I have ever heard of an obese person live for without any food was 6 weeks. Which is much longer than any fit person would ever hope to live without food. Water for this person was available in the form of thawed snow. However without the hunting skills this person (through their own journal of the events) died because of malnutrition. The stored body fat cannot compete with what the body needs in order to maintain cognitive function nor can it compete with someone that is fit that can catch and eat prey.

Sure you may survive but how will you catch game if your stores of fat run out?

In a survival situation you must become a predator. You must become a hunter, you must catch kill and eat game in order to live. How can you do this without being in enough shape to preform the requisite duties needed?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
you could be like a lion an let the chicks do the hunting for you

[edit on 16-3-2008 by chupacabraboy]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy
you could be like a lion an let the chicks do the hunting for you

[edit on 16-3-2008 by chupacabraboy]

Man if I could do that I would be so set!

Lions have a "pride" if humans do it it's called a "harem",

I mean heck yea get a bunch of women working to my and our collective benefit? That would rock! until of course they start ovulating together then your totally screwed.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i know huh

unfortunatly women these days are verrrryy hard to command

too bad

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Fat people are mostly fat because of corn based poisons. See about that HERE.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy
i know huh

unfortunatly women these days are verrrryy hard to command

too bad

Do you find aggressive, manish women attractive? I do not. I would much prefer gender roles had remained the way the were for the last million or so years.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wilsonfrisk

Do you find aggressive, manish women attractive? I do not. I would much prefer gender roles had remained the way the were for the last million or so years.

not mannish women

but firey ya

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The bottom line is anyone who is overweight and lives long enough will slim down in a few months. By that time they will have a little more muscle mass and their metabolism will readjust to the situation.

Probably the hardest hit will be the musclebound, body builder types. Their dynamos when well nourished, but all that muscle requires a lot calories to fuel it. It's almost the same as being obese, because you still have to carry the load with less fuel and less fat reserves.

The Greeks understood the concept, and wanted to reach their full natural potential without becoming overdeveloped. They played games like tossing boulders back and forth to one another for fun!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
what would that accomplish? boulder throwing is weird

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
When you talk about eating fat people, do you mean naked fat people or fully clothed? There is nothing more gross than a truly skinny person that is naked.

What I have often wondered is why are the global elite women so thin? I mean they have always lived by the motto never too rich or too thin, but you know there has to be something more to this. I wonder if they know something that they are not telling. I used to know a woman that was so thin she was actually anorexic and she had this huge boob job done. Humm it was scary, I could hardly look at her , well actually only if I knew she was looking my way. We used to call her tits on a stick. My Mom did a massage for several women like this and one day I made a comment how nice it would be to be that skinny, and she looked aghast at me and said NO, and told me how they looked on the table and the touch of them was so bony. So, I guess what I am really saying is that I think some body fat will be helpful, but if you are severely over weight walking long distance will be a big problem.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
well being skinny deos have its advantages. i know this one girl that looks anorexic but isnt (i think) and when our school went to science camp there was a rock climbing place and when it was her turen to go she climed up faster than any monkey could ( im exaggerating of course)

she is also a good cannonball once when everyone was going down a trail down hill the soil was really loose and everyone was going catiously down. suddlenly she slipped and rolled down to where i was and took me out! thankfully i didnt crush her but still for a super thin chick that was pretty strong

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well one thing that has changed for me is that I have become a vegetarian in the past couple of years so I no longer hunt as part of the trips. I still believe being in shape is far better than being heavy and I often wonder if I would eat animals if there was a extreme survival situation and not just an excersise. I would think I would as my reasons for not eating animals has mostly to do with I can live without it and without the guilt but if I were in a sitx where I couldn't live without it then I would feel justified in doing so. I would still look for alternative solutions first... hmmm perhaps this should be another topic as this is off point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join