It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother accused of abandoning kids while she went to Africa to get married

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Mother accused of abandoning kids while she went to Africa to get married

www.khou.com

A woman could face child endangerment charges after she allegedly left her children home alone while she traveled to Africa to marry a man she met on the Internet. The unidentified woman reportedly flew to Nigeria on Monday, leaving the kids – ages 1- to 9-years-old – with very little food and no money.

According to the Chronicle report, the neighbor said she drove the mother to the airport for a one- to two-month trip to marry a man she met online.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous. A woman meets a man who lives all the way in Africa. She doesn't even know him, and gets up and leave her 6 children and a 15 year old girl there to take care of them. The kids are in filth with no money, and little food. Their are cockroaches in the home. And the trip is for a few months. This is not a mother. The kids are now in custody of foster care I believe. You can not do this to people you are supposed to love! This makes me sick. What people do now a days to not be lonely. I'd rather be alone then do something like this.

www.khou.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I remember a similar story a year or so ago where a mother went on a trip to Rome and left her eldest daughter who was 15 years old in charge. Similar situation, left little food and no money.

It's really sad indeed. It's ok to take a trip without your children but for goodness sakes...arrange proper childcare for them! I wouldn't even leave a responsible 16 year old at home alone for more than a weekend.

And why the heck did this neighbor agree to drive the lady to the airport knowing that she was leaving her children behind?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yeah, and big red flags for flying to Nigeria, home of the 419 scam.

I hope the kids find placements with nice, caring people who will treat them well. Poor little things.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I haven't seen anything else about this story, I don't even think the woman has returned yet. What a worthless mother.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just because a woman gives birth doesn't make her a mother. This seems to be happening more and more in today's society. It's really sad.
I was playing on a blanket in my front yard with my dolls......
When a woman came up to me with a baby and asked if I'd mind watching her for awhile? I was around 8 years old at the time. I said, SURE I'd love too! The baby was around 6-to 8 months old. The woman thanked me and immediately took off! She did leave a baby bottle full of milk and a couple of diapers. After about a half-hour or so my mother looks out the window and notices me with a baby. Mom comes running outside and asks, "Who's baby is that?" I said, I don't know....some lady gave her to me to babysit. Isn't she cute ma.

When several hours passed and the woman never came back my mother called the police. I even asked the officer if I could keep her if the mom doesn't come back. He said, "Sorry honey you're doing a great job being a mother, but we'll have to take the baby."

The woman never did come back and the baby was placed in a foster care.
I never heard what happened to her.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Wow thats a crazy story, all I can say atleast she didnt abandon the child in a dumpster.

Who knows the circumstances going on, yes it seems really heartless but maybe it was in the child best interest the best option the mother could think of.

But as for the OP wtf. This woman should be flogged imao.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Having had dealings with Nigeria with my previous employment I believe it is safe to say this woman is never coming back. Even if she intended to return she is probably dead, will be shortly or has been kidnapped/enslaved.

I feel horrible for those children and sincerely hope they get all the care and love they deserve and need.

As far as the woman, if she is killed or enslaved I have no pity for her at all. To be stupid and selfish enough to do that she deserves it.

new topics

top topics

join