It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Lights over San Diego" Video [1/1/08]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Looks like the same things were seen in Antioch and San Francisco California. That is about five hundred miles away. That must be a lot of Chinese lanterns people are letting off.

ufosnw

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Watcher777]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Watcher777]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I LOVE Chinese flying lanterns! Aside from that remember this. No matter how strange a UFO or USO may be that 99 times out of 100 its US military craft. We are so far beyond the basic UCAVs. Never mind...just dont forget to pay your taxes, the Harvard Skull and Bones societey is a liberal phantom and to keep moving people...nothing to see here...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
D4rkKn1ght called it and everyone poo-pooed him. Has anyone who followed his threads changed their mind yet?

Sign me,
Curious

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I like the track you are heading down here seawolf, because radar data, visual confirmation, and/or a lack thereof on both counts is evidence, and we have lots of airfields in So Cal...

I've done up some maps here of the area for reference, anyone is free to edit them to add new data:

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/

[/

[/

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's an ongoing UFO flap going on and nobody seems to care on this board. I've seen these things. They do not have conventional plane lights, no nav light or landing lights. These are not Chinese laterns. This is an absurb theory being pushed in this thread. Pathetic really.

Since I've seen these things and 99% of you on this board havent, tells me that this board is very quick to debunk real sightings. These things are so fregn strange and abnormal its almost impossible to explain. Follow the NUFORC reports in San Diego and you can easliy see that this occurs alot more then just this incident on New Years. Red/Orange orbs, look them up, they litter the history of UFO sightings in SD.

Its funny people love to jump and chime in when you get cheesy CGI footage from youtube but when someone turns in a good video in to a news station then its instantly a chinese latern. I filmed these things before on my old high-8mm camera and they looked exactly like the San Diego Video from New Years which incidently look very similiar to the Phoenix lights which is considered one of the better documented sightings in the Southwest US. You guys need to wake up and realize that we have a serious UFO flap going on here in San Diego and it is not as simple as calling these things chinese laterns. THEY ARE NOT CHINESE LATERNS. I saw these things and they were far brighter then any light in the sky, including the moon. Wake up people!

[edit on 7-1-2008 by credible_evidence]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dEWBiE300E

It is connections and threads and users like you that make me come here.

Thank you for posting this!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was wondering if these orbs are related to the Mexican video that was shot in 2004 here is the link www.youtube.com...
as youall could see that the orbs travel in the same formation and look the same and the discription of both account are the same, the only diffrence that one was capture in the air and the other one from the ground. What could it be other then the Chinese Laterns theory?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by credible_evidence

I'm confused, and I think you may be too. Simply because I posted pictures of Chinese Lanterns here doesn't mean I think this these UFOs were chinese lanterns. Comparing and contrasting is necessary when determining. Personally I don't think the UFOs in the video look anything like Chinese lanterns. But it does no good for me to merely state my opinion that I don't see the resemblance. What DOES do some good is posting comparison data. I feel the same way about the maps, we should all have a view of the area, no? Check the local radar and airtraffic, etc?

Perhaps I'm the one confused, and you weren't talking to me at all? LOL Anyway, credible_evidence, I'm with you on this one, particularly since my parents live very near the spot this was filmed, and I've personally seen similar unidentifieds in the skies above Clairemont and from Mt. Soledad. I go there from time to time with my telescope, to watch the parasailers up the coast. I don't get down to S.D. too often anymore, but I am familiar with the area in question.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I know personally a chinese family lives about 2 miles away from these guys so it must have been them releasing these lantirns! then they quickly flew all over the world releasing them with advanced propulsion systemrs and guidance to fool us all. phew what a relief

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
I know personally a chinese family lives about 2 miles away from these guys so it must have been them releasing these lantirns! then they quickly flew all over the world releasing them with advanced propulsion systemrs and guidance to fool us all. phew what a relief

I'm reporting this post to the moderating staff.
I don't think that requires any explanation, but here's another line of text so I'm not in violation myself

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

Kindly stay on topic. If you have nothing to add to the thread there are a myraid of other threads here on ATS that may interest you.

Cheers
FredT, Moderator

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It seems to me if San Diego and other large cities can afford news helicopters, they should just fly one up there next time and see what those things are.

You know, investigation. Its that old fashioned thingy people used to do back when news departments had, you know, news people staffing them in sufficient quantities.

Of course, this will require 'subtle prompting' from the community. Call your news station and say "Oh my, I just saw OJ Simpson flying in a lawn chair with balloons over San Diego. You better get up there and look." The helicopters will be up there before you can say "Tragedy at 11".

That way the news anchor can read something more intelligent off of his prompter when they actually get up there. You know, something other than ill informed speculation....

Whether its disks or Chineese lanterns, we need to get up there and look at these things to pin the tail on the lights.

Sitting on the ground and saying "Wassat" will get us nowhere slowly

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

No it wasnt aimed at you and I appreciate you putting forth the Chinese latern theory. Its just a theory that makes sense to the unobserved. I've seen these things out east toward El Cajon back in '96. They were so bright yet they looked to be at least 30-40 miles from my pov. They were right in the way of jets landing in Lindberg. The airliners actually had to cut their final approach in half to aviod these things that night. The pilots saw it, in fact I believe one of the pilots wives submitted this:

www.nuforc.org...

Heres another credible witness from the same night:

www.nuforc.org...

What you see in the SD new years video is exactly what we saw in April of '96 except there were only 2 objects not the 6 or 7 you see in this video.
Believe me this is a amazing and legitimate video we have here.

Look at the history of these things in San Diego during the 90's. Quite astonishing most of these reports sound the same:

www.ufomaps.com...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by credible_evidence]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by credible_evidence]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
reply to post by dEWBiE300E

Coast-to-Coast am surprised me and actually linked to this story with a possible explanation of Chinese Lanterns and not something more esoteric.

Could the UFO in the San Diego Skies Be Sky Lanterns?

Possible explanations flooded into FOX6 after we aired our first report, from top secret military drones to rockets.

Several viewers suggested the lights were Chinese flying lanterns. Basically, minature hot-air balloons fueled by a candle or other flame.

They are customarily released at the New Year for good luck.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by eaglewingz]

Ok, why not launch 10 chinese lanterns at dusk (same weather), video their flight and then compare that video to the above ? Or even better, next time get that telescope out and make a closeup? If they are lanterns, there will be plenty of time to setup the gear.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why am I betting that the wind that night was going the same direction as the 'orbs'. Has anyone checked this?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
grey basket, yes your right it actually says that in the follow up video.

and they do indeed look like lanterns, just like the ones in England last year.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Thank You for the comment on me being right. Now if everyone would just listen to me!!!!
Lisa

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join