It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Lights over San Diego" Video [1/1/08]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Haven't seen anyone post this video. Just watch how the anchorman tries to cast a doubt on the viewers by saying "they looked like helicopters to me." I'm glad one of the witnesses was smart enough not to imply the lights disappeared over the horizon... wouldn't want another "phoenix lights were flares over the horizon" scenario.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by dEWBiE300E]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
looks like the same type of objects as seen by the Mexican Airforce surveillance plane video. I guess the odd thing is no official govt. group ever gives an explanation as to what they are, at least that I've ever heard. If in fact they are helicopters or planes etc. (which they may in fact be) I would think an explanation would be given. If there ever are any explanations given I would be glad to see them, rather than leaving these objects and there known origin open ended. Its all right by me that the anchor man stated his opinion on what he thought they were, everyone is entitled to perceive what they are presented as they see it.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dEWBiE300E

Just another moronic statement from a talking head!

Note to Anchorman: Report the news and keep your opinion out of it. Dope

Becker

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nice find. I will look forward to reading more on this one. Thanks for the link!

-B

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dEWBiE300E

Coast-to-Coast am surprised me and actually linked to this story with a possible explanation of Chinese Lanterns and not something more esoteric.

Could the UFO in the San Diego Skies Be Sky Lanterns?

Possible explanations flooded into FOX6 after we aired our first report, from top secret military drones to rockets.

Several viewers suggested the lights were Chinese flying lanterns. Basically, minature hot-air balloons fueled by a candle or other flame.

They are customarily released at the New Year for good luck.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

You hadn't heard?

Chorlton is working at C2C now.

Becker

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I live in SD. I saw these things back in '96 east of San Diego out toward El Cajon.

Here is some local print coveredge of the story on New Years, be sure to follow up with the blog that goes with it.

www.signonsandiego.com...

These things were seen by ALOT of people on New Years. This isnt anything new.. I've seen these red orbs before. They were the brightest things in the sky, much brighter then the moon. Compared to nav lights on a plane there were 20x brighter with no constant strobe but they pulsated very slowly in a wierd way. At first I thought they were tower lights but then I realized they were above the moon and moving in a odd formation. Their lights looked to be about 30 miles away yet they were much much brighter then the airliner on final to Lindberg Airport above my house. Video was sent to Peter long ago, hell I dont even have a copy of it anymore. The local news stations were all over this back in 96. According to the local news at the time the FAA had no comment.

Here's my original write up at NUFORC in 1996:

www.nuforc.org...

These are the other write up people submitted on the same night in SD:

www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...

If you look at the history of these objects seen in San Diego there is definetly a random pattern over the last 12 years. Almost every UFO report in SD has been these wierd red orbs that fade out. Theres nothing military about these these things trust me. Pilots and military people are reporting these into NUFORC. Something strange is going on, here we are 12 years later and the reports sound the same.

Here is one as recently as 11.24.07

www.nuforc.org...

Another on 11.14.07

www.nuforc.org...

11.13.07 - San Marcos is north San Diego

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

Go back the last 12 years in the san diego NUFORC reports and you will see that these red orbs that fade away have not gone away. I've been following these reports for 12 years since my sighting in April of '96. Its getting much more frequent and people are taking the time to report these which tell me it spooked them in one way or another and we are experiencing a legitimate flap over the last few months.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by credible_evidence]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
These little orbs/spheres, are so prolific now that I'm surprised that they still engender such excitement. Of course they are interesting, but they have been observing us for centuries, there have been numerous multiple sightings over here in the South of England in recent weeks too, my wife and I have both seen them, years ago, my father saw them, and during WW1,my Grandfather saw them.
If there is still someone out there who does not know where they come from, take a proper look at the Clementine Mission Photos, there are hundreds of these craft on 'our' moon.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here is the follow up 'debunking' video from FOX news :

www.youtube.com...

(sorry I'm not sure how to do that embedding thing in this post.

Flying chinese lanterns apparently.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by pmexplorer]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by credible_evidence
I live in SD. I saw these things back in '96 east of San Diego out toward El Cajon.

Hi,

Since people are claiming them to possibly be Chinese Flying Lanterns released for the new year, it would help if you would clarify "when" you saw something similar to this in that area.

Was it during the new year as related to some type of celebration (although the Chinese New Year is not on January 1st...it could still be a cultural carry over thats now amalgamated to our own celebration) or was it during another time period?

Thanks!

- Lee

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
orbs orbs orbs..
There have been so many sightings of these "things" since the foo-fighters and still people say "I've never seen any proof"

boggles the mind..

b

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It looks just like the Chinese lanterns seen seen in, I think it was England, last year. I remember a huge to-do about it on here, arguing back and forth between those that thought it was really a UFO, and those that thought that it was Chinese Lanterns.

I believe eventually it was proven to be Chinese lanterns.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
listen to the whole story. THat lady was right! Too bright, too much of a structured formation! And why didn't somebody come forward and say, hey that was us! I mean, it would get them on the news. Next thing you know, they will be saying that the ORIGINAL Pheonix lights were Mexican laterns celebrating some nina's 15th!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Haha! I can't believe honestly, that thos are chinese lanterns again. That must mean all orbs seen all throughout history, must have been chinese lanterns then!

Cool video though!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I felt like slapping the news guy....

1/2 way through the video " These are not Helicopters "

News guy " They look like Helicopters to me "

HELLO, McFly ! Pay attention !

- W -
* rolling his eyes at the news guy *

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
great video....

Not to stray off topic, but I live in the south, Florida to be exact, and we have a regular Skyking fireworks store, up the street. I'd go up there myself and ask, but I don't drive, suspended liscence atm.

Think they would carry those sky-laterns?

If yes anyone know how much they cost?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I live in San Diego. If anyone were to come forward and say "yes, it was us that put the lanterns in the sky."....

They would be arrested. You can't put flame anyway around here. Didn't anyone see that we just burnt up in October?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Some reference data:
Chinese Flying Lanterns...

Video...

For scale...

In the sky..

On the water...

If we are going to be comparing/contrasting, we need to have a shared source of data for the 'chinese' lantern theory.

Thoughts on comparison?

p.s. Gaucents is right about the fire restrictions in California, particularly southern California...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The Chinese New Year is celebrated for 15 days after the first NEW moon of the New Year. www.educ.uvic.ca...

The first new moon of the New Year occurrs on January 8, 2008. We haven't had a new moon in 2008 yet.
www.ewpnet.com...

So if they were Chinese Lanterns, it is obvious that whoevever was setting them off, apart from breaking the law seemed to have no idea about Chinese traditions.

What an absurd explanation by Fox

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Clairmont, CA sits just SW of Miramar probably less than a mile away. (I know they said they tried to get a hold of someone out there, but nobody was home.) They are also only about 2 miles from Montgomery Field, and they are about 12 miles north of North Island's Navy Airfield.

Now, not one of these airfields has reported seeing anything? Nothing seen on any radars. San Diego is probably home to more radars than anywhere in the world. Not to mention Point Loma and all the secret stuff they do there.

I guess if you want to make a statement and do a fly over of America, start with one of the biggest Naval Facility in the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join