It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing CGI UFO footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello Everyone

I came across this footage and it really struck me because i've never seen anything this convincing. But my question to the forum is could this be real or is it an hoax. The video is from LiveLeak.com It shows a close up of a tree line, the sun is visible and then you see a large UFO at least a mile across.

Ufo footage found on LiveLeak.com

Thanks to all those who contributed excellent discussion. I think we can safetly say this is a fake.

[admin edit: Adjusted title to reflect the content more accurately

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's very good realistic CGI.

I wonder if the creator of this CGI did it because of respect or to create a UFO HAITI like prank to discredit serious investigators.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
looks alot like the work of David Nicholas.
The trees all look similar, which was the giveaway in the last few vids he did.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm completely new to this whole topic. How can you tell its a CGI? My first thought was wow thats amazing . But shortly after that, I thought to my self "gee, thats almost too convincing" So I'm left with a big I don't know

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
go check out the Haiti Ufo Video. An excellent example of CGI and the creator of that one even joined here and posted a bit.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You said it yourself. Too convincing. The image is perfect, The on-purpose camera jitter. The sound design. Very nicely done though. If you look at the ''car on the road piece'' watch the other cars pass by. CGI give away.

These are also CGI if you ask me.

australianufowave.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thanks Crakeur,

I just watched the Haiti UFO video, and my first impression of that one is that it looks alot like the movies.
I'm gonna watch the one i posted a couple more times.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It isn't real, and shouldn't be considered so. I present my analysis:

1. Concerning the first section of the video, "The attack;" Clearly, the camera was shooting nothing but sky, before this huge thing conveniently floats into view. It performs every maneuver you expect it to perform, so that it looks convincing to the casual observer. It moves across the sun, so you can observe how it interacts with the light. Then it unleashes some sort of energy weapon, and everything is wiped out. There is no reason why the footage would have survived such an attack: you only see such parallels in movies.

2. The second section, shot from the car: was it truly implied that visible distortions were due to the craft's proximity to the car? Because if that is the case, there should have been such distortions in the first video, where the craft appeared even closer.

3. The third section, "1968:" It is (to me) fairly obvious that this is merely 'footage' that has been run through a filter. And again, the craft does the same thing; flies across the sun, so that it blots out the light. Some will recall that the Haiti footage shared this characteristic; one which initially made it somewhat difficult to 'disprove.' Until, of course, the Vue 6 revelation.

Conclusion: don't be distracted by the craft. Instead, watch what the craft does. Also, there has to be a reason why the camera caught the craft: I don't know how many people enjoy filming the sky, these days.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must preserve the winter sky for posterity: in high-resolution digital video format.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yup I'm pretty sure it's a hoax. After watching it about 10 more times, it reminded me too much of a scene from "Independence Day" the movie. It's very convincing at first, however, thanks you guys for helping me out on what to look for.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by whoreallyknows]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not real.

It's one of manbird12000's "Los Roques UFO" videos (specifically: "Attack - Los Roques UFO part 3"). He's been putting them on youtube for quite some time. A tallented CGI artist for sure.

Source
Welcome to my videos. I am the creator of the Los Roques UFO videos and primarily an aircraft video maker...

...Also for you SciFi Fans, enjoy the continuing saga of the Los Roques UFO which will ultimately feature the distruction of mankind as we know it.

A sample of his work:

Case closed.

[edit on 1/4/08 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I had to look at your handle a couple of times but I think it's who-really-knows. At first I thought it said "informed friend of a prostitute"

RR

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
First of all, do you really think cars will be driving along as if nothing is happening? Secondly, after an event like this there would be many witnesses and town hall meetings etc. to deal with this event. Let's get real here.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RudyRed
I had to look at your handle a couple of times but I think it's who-really-knows. At first I thought it said "informed friend of a prostitute"

RR

Maybe you can tell us all why that comment was really even needed, because i don't see how it has anything to do with the subject

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

Sorry. Just pointing out that you might want to add some spaces in the correct places to avoid misinterpretation.

RR

join