It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why All The Pavement Pounding!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First of all, let me just start by saying that people who are overweight should not be jogging. I mean, just watching them run is painful enough. All of those body parts bouncing around. Imagine all the stress that would put on ones joints.

And what is the first thing that self conscious people do after the holidays?.?.? They go out and buy a brand new pair of running shoes, strap 'em up, and let the damage begin. I know this because every year the gym is packed until the “New Year’s Resolution” crowd becomes unmotivated (more than likely due to the lack of results from jogging) and goes back to their even more unhealthy lifestyle of no physical activity. Yeah, and you ladies are the worst. Resistance Training....Interval Training????...No, you girls just go find a pretty little treadmill, set it to Jog/Fat Burn (LOL), and read your OK/People Magazine for 30min to an Hour thinking that all those calories you packed on during Christmas from all that chocolate you ate, that went straight to your bum, will just melt away.

I’ve watched people for three years now, the same people mind you, running on treadmills for 4-5 days a week. And they still look the same (not in shape). They may have lost some weight, but I guarantee most of the lost weight was muscle. Flabby pretty much sums it up. None of them are in great shape, except for those that were in shape from resistance training already.

Sure, getting your heart rate up through some type of exercise for 30 minutes is better than playing World of Warcraft for 9 hours straight, but……jogging??? Just changing diet will do better than jogging, and should probably the first thing that any overweight person should consider when looking to drop a few pounds. Besides, if you’re not healthy, jogging could kill you. A perfect example would be Mr. Jim Fixx, the guy who popularized jogging in the 70’s and then later died of a heart attack…….While Running.

It is sad though, considering that most people don’t have a clue what they are doing to themselves through diet and fitness myths……

join