It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rope's end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ever get to the point where you think, "Just one more thing and I can't take it anymore." Doesn't necessarily have to be a huge thing, just the cumulative effect of a myriad of lesser things that add up to drive you to the brink.

It would almost be more manageable if it was one huge thing. But years and years of "bad luck" and thisandthat going wrong and things out of your control spiraling you downward in a seemingly never ending chain of I-don't-know-what. You think, "This is the year. It's up this year. The turnaround is right around the corner".

Then, >SLAP< you get hit again.

But, it could be worse (whatever that's worth). You're relatively healthy, the kids are ok, the wife still loves you. But the more you try to push through, the more bricks are added to the wall.

You can't just give up. I don't even know what that means. What do you do to give up? Go live in a box in the woods? People count on you and quitting isn't an option, even if you knew how to quit.

So you put your head down and just shut up and keep pushing. "Yes this latest thing is a lesson, a blessing in disguise. Yaddayadda." Until one day there's no push left in you. I guess that's when it ends.

It's not like I'd ever go all Falling Down. But I understand.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Hey yeahright,
Your not alone, so many of us are in the same boat and when it does finally go down we will drink a beer and toast to the NWO, ok.
So for the time being while there is still time, lets just go with the flow and have patience and a little understanding that just sometimes life throws out a hand that you just need to set back and think about, just wait it out and hope for the best and as I said YOU ARE NOT ALONE, gwhint

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am not sure what all is going on in your life but sometimes you can take away some of the stress by just changing your ideals. It seems you hate giving up on responsibilities. For you it may be ego to give in, but you'd be surprised if you just lowering the expectations on yourself how easy life becomes.

I know personally I used to live in a similar manner. I lost everything I had and ended up with just the clothes I could carry in a bag. I never had to live on the streets as I had family, but lived in garages and stuff. I went from making 50k a year to being unemployed and on welfare. My breaking point included having a psychotic episode as well and being on disability for a few years. It isn't easy to come down the hard way, so take my advice and ease up on your own expectations a little.

This way when the problems pop up, they are easier to absorb as you don't have so much compounded problems already on your plate.

My 2 cents.

six

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Boy do I know how you feel....Do I ever...Sounds like I wrote this...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
your luck is like the weather...

good or bad... it can change tomorrow.

so remember to smile when its sunny and dont be too surprised when it

rains

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Rant on, bro. There are days that I don't know how I can keep on going, but I have to, so I do.

If it wasn't for sheer willpower, my kids would go hungry, dirty and unentertained.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well, my nick name at one time(looking back one of the good ol days) my middle name was Calamity Jane, so dont know if this helps, but last year was like walking through the fire again and again...

Its past, and this year we simply take control once again and head straight forward one foot at a time.

Dont let life get you down cause it will only kick you till you get back up.

Peace and try to count your blessings.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I too have been in the "just one more thing" state of mind.

A person with your sense of humor and character will always prevail.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
six wrote,

Boy do I know how you feel....Do I ever...Sounds like I wrote this

I could have wrote it too six. Just when you think you're caught up...
Another load is dumped!
You're right antar one foot at a time. I know a year of walking through the fire again and again. My fire was in 1999, but it seems like yesterday sometimes.
Sheer willpower keeps me going too MM. Because like you, I have too. At times I get so tired. We really don't know what's going on in ones life, until we've walked in their shoes.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeahright,

I honestly know how you feel.

I do.

Ask me about the time that I went into a mouse-infested, flea-biting joint, miserable money-grabbing Son-of-a-bitch bastard place.

I first signed on with ATS back in Aug./06. I signed in with my 'original user-name': Ducky.

For the Mods that are looking in...place delete this user-name; as it can be verified by checking out the I.P address, and that the user-name 'Ducky' was an individuals name from Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Consult myself via u2u for verification.

I've since moved from the original location that had the user-name
ucky

yeahright...I want to tell you a few things. It is your privelage/right to dismiss what I have to say to you.

Up til the time, that I had the user-name 'Ducky', I was (and still am to this day) a happy-go-lucky person.

I wasn't a happy-camper around the time of Oct/06 - Jan/07. Somewhere along the line - Aug/06 I made it a point to make myself - TheDuckster. I stopped posting (from my recollection - somewhere around Oct./06 to Jan/Feb/ or March of 2007.

In this time of my absence, I was living in a motel. For a period of around 2 1/2 months? yeahright? I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's not just a 'humbling' experience, it's living with disgusting monstrosites, filthy PUTRID lifestyles, that seem to be the 'norm' with certain proprietors.

I didn't have a choice. Close to winter time, and the fact that I left an apartment that was 'dawn-of-the-living-dead' when it came to landlords, not fufilling their obligations. I didn't want my family to be LITERALLY left out into the cold.

Side note:
I started off as poor/some-what middle-class. My mother married into a 'middle-class' family life-style. We worked for EVERY penny we earned.

"To find myself in a flea-bitten motel". I swallowed my pride; knowing that my family needed better, and hoped to have better someday.

I clean homes for a living. No shame in that. Have done this for close to 15-20 years. There is an apparent need in today's world. I make great money and give the BEST QUALITY CLEAN to my customers. (I was a Flight Attendant at age 19...meh...so be it.)

Christmas of /06, I found myself taking ALL my Christmas and Birthday monies/bonuses, and putting them towards 'a roof over my families' shoulders'.

We moved into (our residence at present) in (Christmas time) of Dec/06. The tree was up. But I had no presents to give anyone, let alone my 2 kids. Absolutely dick all. Can you imagine how I felt? I was still anointing the bed bug bites on my body. Betcha didn't know that?

And people think they have life sooooooooooo bad.

I don't have any bug-bites; my home in my new apartment is very clean (made for damn sure of that), and I was soooo happy to take my 'earnings/bonuses' from Christmas and my birthday, and put it ALL TOWARDS GIFTS THIS YEAR. You don't know how HAPPY I was. Tears fell from my eyes.

I'm not trying to elicit any particular response from anyone here.

I just want you to know How greatful I am..

And when sometimes, you think the world is full of crap, remember my words.

Respectfully,

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

join