It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object In Space! And It's Not The ISS!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

One ISS experiment. I am a free lance photographer as well as student and retired. Made two trips to San Luis Valley(August'07 and January "08) to do landscape scenes. May be moving to Italy and I am building up my collection of Southwest material(over 30,000 photos so far). About half of my portfolio is Italy, mostly travel shots. The Italians think we are all Cowboys
and love anything with a western angle. Here in the States, the Italian scenes are in demand. The photos since August are the only UFO "stuff" I have ever taken.
One shot of UFO's over the Rio Grande River, Colorado; two shots of the Zapata Falls UFO; something over Austin, four shots; and something over Valley View, Colorado; around 24 photos in 61 seconds.
Do you see why I ask if there is more "stuff" showing up!
I have a Flickr site under "Belizeman01".

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belizeman01

Interesting. Reminds me of this:

What is this? A star, Rigel, at 10 times the focal length of what you were using. Essentially, the same looking thing, 10 times magnified over your shots. This was shot through my 8" LX200 on a standard field tripod. Why does it look like this? Because I pressed the shutter. Unless you use a timer setting after you press the shutter, your shots will always come out like this. If you properly correct for this by using a timer, focusing, and being absolutely sure that your mount is steady (and in the case of 2000mm fl, tracking) you get this:

And to John Lear: I've been looking at the shuttle and station for years, during, before, and after docking and I have yet to see anything unusual, or any unscheduled stops. So please don't say that astronomers haven't been looking, that's just not true.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Thank you ngchunter:
I agree with your observations.
When doing tripod work, I often use mirror lock-up and remote shutter control.
The original photos of the Valley View object, show stars as sharp and in focus(I had to override the AF and manually adjust for the background stars). It is my experience that if the prime image shows camera/tripod shake, all images will show a duplicate effect, though often dimmer, within the frame. What is your experience with that monster scope of yours(I'm just a little envious)?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thank you ngchunter:
I agree with your observations.
When doing tripod work, I often use mirror lock-up and remote shutter control.
The original photos of the Valley View object, show stars as sharp and in focus(I had to override the AF and manually adjust for the background stars). It is my experience that if the prime image shows camera/tripod shake, all images will show a duplicate effect, though often dimmer, within the frame. What is your experience with that monster scope of yours(I'm just a little envious)?

Yes, all stars within the frame tend to trail the same way, but with the caveat that your optics must be good or stars in different parts of the frame will distort differently. Even my telescope suffers from some coma at the edge of the field, but that's a limitation with the particular design I use. I also have to use mirror lockup as well. Are you sure the stars are what is showing up as sharp though? Because in one picture posted the only thing I saw were hot pixels. Green, to be exact. Maybe I wasn't looking at the full size image though. They're sometimes easy to mistake for stars though since they're always sharp and pinpoint.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes, a number of images were enlarged for viewing. I also saw some hot pixels when "pushing" the photos. Yet the original images showed a repeated pattern of stars even as the object moved around the star field. I did not want to burden the group with many pictures of a comet-like object moving around stars in sharp focus. I wanted to show you all the different shapes seen in 61 seconds.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Getting late yet I wanted to know if you had a chance to view that NASA clip?
It is 1 minute and 40 seconds long. The last 40 seconds the most interesting. That kind of movement, and at one point "shape", is what I saw in the viewfinder!

Referring back to the Austin ISS photos; the first two were close to the appointed time and exactly in the right spot. After they slipped out of sight, I decided to hang around for dawn to take some shots of downtown Austin. I had noted the orange object, thought it most likely Mars and took a shot. About 10 minutes later(almost 20 Minutes after the shuttle), I noticed a very similar light almost exactly where I had last seen the ISS/Shuttle. I took one shot, then it was gone.
That shot is the one that IMHO, looked the most like the shuttle. What it was connected to did not look like the ISS! After reading the long thread with regard to "secret military space stations", I then remembered something I had seen back in the late 1950's or 1960's. It was an article on space stations and the various designs. And there was one design similar to the image. There were long booms for docking and crew quarters. And at the end of the longest boom, for safety reasons, was the nuclear reactor! Do you ever remember reading about nuclear powered space stations?
You said you have observed the ISS for years. In your opinion, do you believe there is no substance to the rumor of military space stations or huge machines in orbit?
With regard to lens; I'm using a Nikon D-200 and some of my lens cost more then the camera! Yet, they don't come close to your aperture.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I'd say its one of those dancing triangles, but in space too.

Yeah sure I'll go for it.

Some local atmospheric disturbances on video.

And we know about GRIDKEEPER.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Referring back to the Austin ISS photos; the first two were close to the appointed time and exactly in the right spot. After they slipped out of sight, I decided to hang around for dawn to take some shots of downtown Austin. I had noted the orange object, thought it most likely Mars and took a shot. About 10 minutes later(almost 20 Minutes after the shuttle), I noticed a very similar light almost exactly where I had last seen the ISS/Shuttle. I took one shot, then it was gone.

Probably because it was getting late and went into shadow. As the night wears on satellites will disappear into earth's shadow sooner and sooner until you just don't see them anymore.

That shot is the one that IMHO, looked the most like the shuttle. What it was connected to did not look like the ISS! After reading the long thread with regard to "secret military space stations", I then remembered something I had seen back in the late 1950's or 1960's. It was an article on space stations and the various designs. And there was one design similar to the image. There were long booms for docking and crew quarters. And at the end of the longest boom, for safety reasons, was the nuclear reactor! Do you ever remember reading about nuclear powered space stations?
You said you have observed the ISS for years. In your opinion, do you believe there is no substance to the rumor of military space stations or huge machines in orbit?
With regard to lens; I'm using a Nikon D-200 and some of my lens cost more then the camera! Yet, they don't come close to your aperture.

I've been observing ISS and the shuttle since before the columbia accident, and photographing them since before the return to flight. I've yet to see anything at all unusual, be it a military space station or huge machine in orbit. From time to time you do see a third object trailing the station, but it's always turned out to be a progress module that was filled with garbage and dumped, nothing clandestine. I'm in a group with others who use the same satellite tracking software and they've never reported anything like abnormal either. Some of them have taken better shots of the shuttle than I have. I have yet to see any convincing proof that these things exist. In fact, they could hardly expect to get away undetected. The space station is amazingly bright, and the shuttle's not dim either. Every launch is seen and the payload tracked by amateurs, even classified payloads. They make a sport out of calculating the orbits of spy sats, and the closest thing to unusual that they've ever dealt with was a special spy sat designed to avoid detection, but it was launched by the shuttle (meaning it couldn't be that large) and they've even spotted that from time to time.

I hate to say it, but I don't know of any 200mm lens that can resolve significant structure of the space station. If you tracked it perfectly, it might just be enough to barely make out the main solar panels, but I'm not sure. Telephoto lenses aren't exactly designed for that demanding a task, and though they're great for ordinary photography, they may or may not be good at getting pinpoint stars across the field of view. No optic costing less than a car will do that perfectly, even mine. I'd like to see the full uncropped photo though showing stationary stars with something else moving.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have a major math exam Tuesday. Wednesday, I'll see what I can do. I have tried to send bigger files, yet they fall off the edge. I suppose I need to resize them, then try to send them from Photobucket. If you are interested, we could "U2U". I need an e-mail address to send a Flickr invite to. Cost you no money; there will be no spam afterwards. Then you could see the lot of them at a higher definition.
By the way, I agree with your observations. Before August, my foot was planted firmly in the "Skeptic Zone". Always approached from the point of view of disproving it was an "UFO". If it could withstand that kind of scrutiny, then maybe something interesting has occurred. Could never support it 100% because usually the equipment was not known, the negative or original image was unavailable, and last but not least, the veracity of the photographer was obscure! How interesting it is to be viewing this from a different perspective!
Have a great day,
Time to study,
Michael

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by Foxe

Thanks for that Foxe!

OK, here's some more...

An earlier communication from Michael MacLaughlin to me:

Just took some shots of the ISS. Same settings show the ISS to be much smaller, faster moving, and in the wrong direction.
Michael.

Here’s the pic of what he says is the ISS, but again he’s not too sure!

Cheers!

Hello Mike. I don't believe that this is the ISS at all.. In fact I have done some digging around and that "object" just might be the "stricken spy sat" in orbit at the moment. Nasaspaceflight.com have been discussing this since the reports appeared:

Here is a link to the ongoing discussion. On this page of the topic you can see the picture taken:

Nasaspaceflight

Here is the image on its own:

the image has also appeared in UK news sites:

Link to article

enjoy

/rich

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Last article link showed a photo very similar to mine!

Based on all the good discussions of these pictures, it certainly does not look like the ISS to me either.
All I know is that it was something up there and not Photo-shopped!

I'm collecting better equipment and checking to see if there are any satellite watcher groups in town

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Wow! Great find! Thanks olegkvasha! Similar stuff! Let's compare...

But Belizeman's photograph was taken much before this top secret sat was launched in Dec when its solar sails failed to deploy in addition to other malfunctions.

USA-193/NROL-21 Launch specifics:
Launch date/time: December 13, 2006 2100 UTC 16:00 EST
Launcher: Delta 2/7920-10
Launch location: Western Test Range, Vandenberg AFB, California
Launch complex/pad: SLC2W

But yes. It could be a similar satellite!

Cheers!

[edit on 30-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mike, the date of my image is November 4, 2007.
Launch was December 13, 2006.
This could be the same satellite!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
From this thread.

Originally posted by Dae
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

I like what you say Shadow_Lord and tend to agree with you, I gave you a star. You say you dont think EU theory is being hidden but think about it, if science was directed more towards this theory its quite possible that 'free energy', space travel etc can be made possible (my theory) and this is not what TPTB want, to roughly quote J P Morgan,"you cant put a meter on wireless energy".

What really clinched it for me was a UFO report from the DoD (UK dept. of def.) released a few months back, it basically stated that many UFO sightings were 'plasmoid entities' related to electrical weather. Now an article I read asked, "Why keep that conclusion top secret for so long?", my answer would be, "The electric nature of life and the universe is being kept hidden for many reasons, weapons, 'free energy', both terrestrial and space travel etc."

Anyways, heres that DoD report Executive Summary PDF [5.3 MB] and a short ATS thread you might like.

Plasma eruptions in the atmosphere are part of the electrical universe or
some brave new discovery.

More pseudo science of just plain old Tesla sparky coils amplified by
ion engines.

Dancing pseudo science plasma from nowhere or from the same old
UFO from Tesla land.

DOD says all those light in the sky on your photos are "'plasmoid entities' related to electrical weather".

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
dont know where to post this so might as well be here....list of all space launches
claudelafleur.qc.ca...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
file:///J:/Satellite%20Images/1782528007_ee2ae6c380.jpg

Check out this image too, Unusual grey mass in distance beyond ISS. Zooming in it looks like a solid object, Strange shape too. Also, Check out the other "star" like formations in the background. Tell me if i'm paranoid.
Have Fun!!
reddog694

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
reply to post by mikesingh

Hi mikesingh...very cool photographs. Is there anyway you can tell me when this pic was shot? I live in Austin Tx and would like to know the time the picture was shot and the location.

Last week there was an astronomical event that occured where the stars looked incredibly close and visible in a very lit populace of Austin. I never seen anything like it in a populated and lit up area

Yesterday Jan 3rd they blanketed the Austin area heavily with chemtrails or whatever you want to call them.

You can u2u me if you want.

Hey when was that time when the stars looked very close & bright? I noticed that as well, and tonight although they are out, not nearly as bright.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Intersting picture.

OK I am not sure if this is the place I post pictures but I will try it here becusae of the title of the post and if I make a mistake and it belongs somewhere else i will move it for sure. I have not found a thread for objects found in the sky only. Letting people post what they find and stuff.

I am new and cannot make my own thread so if you have advice and this is in the wrong place just let me know.

Anyhow I was surfing around using Microsoft Worldwide Telescope and I ran into this picture. If you know what it is pleae reply. I am stumped I have thought of everything from a UFO to a giant reflection of a satelite reflecting off of some sort of universal space goo. Gave it up and decided to ask for help. Wow sometimes I take myslef around the block several times.

Anyhow here is the image any feedback is welcome;

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BewilderedandAmused
Intersting picture.

OK I am not sure if this is the place I post pictures but I will try it here because of the title of the post and if I make a mistake and it belongs somewhere else I will move it for sure. I have not found a thread for objects found in the sky only. Letting people post what they find and stuff.

I am new and cannot make my own thread so if you have advice and this is in the wrong place just let me know.

Anyhow I was surfing around using Microsoft Worldwide Telescope and I ran into this picture. If you know what it is please reply. I am stumped I have thought of everything from a UFO to a giant reflection of a satellite reflecting off of some sort of universal space goo. Gave it up and decided to ask for help. Wow sometimes I take myself around the block several times.

Anyhow here is the image any feedback is welcome;

I have reposted this because the image was not very clear as you can see. Now it is.

edit on 12-9-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join