It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France calls for 'euro diplomacy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

France calls for 'euro diplomacy'

news.bbc.co.uk

France has called for the euro to pack a diplomatic punch to rival the power of the dollar internationally.

The French European Affairs Secretary, Jean-Pierre Jouyet, said the 15-nation eurozone needed better governance and better international representation.

"Just as there is a diplomacy of the dollar, we should have a diplomacy of the euro," he wrote in France's Le Monde newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This story is inline with a lot of the economic discussions on ATS and PTS of late. The concern over the slipping value of the dollar and the implications this has in the global market will, IMHO, be even further exacerbated by efforts to make the euro more competitive with the dollar.

The USD is backed basically by oil. Because OPEC nations chose to trade exclusively in USD. As the dollar falls and the euro rises the possibility that OPEC would switch to the euro becomes more of a reality which would spell economic disaster for the US.

Could this part of the NWO conspiracy. Could crushing t6he US economically be part of the pplan to force a global order? If the dollar were to crumble could we see the introduction of a north American currency?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Its like standing on the train tracks and hearing the train coming in the distance. You know its coming, you can see the smoke in the distance and you can hear it. Its just a matter of time.

The dollar is falling and is going to continue. It is only a matter of time before another currency will take its place as the standard.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Sadly, I agree. I have always been proud to be from the US. I grew up thinking that living in the US was a HUGE privilege because here we would always have access to all the necessities and pleasure s of life. I know it sounds really base, but that is how I was raised to see things. I was never taught that out country was fallible. Now seeing the impacts of the actions of our last four presidents (globalization and corporatization) I really believe we are in for serious trouble and it makes me really sad, it even makes me angry.

I really hope and wish that something can be done to correct this. I really do not want to see this country destroyed from within.

top topics

join